FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Tom0307
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tournament might not even go ahead at this rate so PES and FIFA will be the only place we'll see a Euro 2020! If Norway qualify, who knows - we might get a Haaland face... Realistically there should've been a custom added by now but it doesn't work like that with EA.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 10
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    Tournament might not even go ahead at this rate so PES and FIFA will be the only place we'll see a Euro 2020! If Norway qualify, who knows - we might get a Haaland face... Realistically there should've been a custom added by now but it doesn't work like that with EA.

Hopefully it goes ahead i have tickets for Sweden vs Poland in Dublin & also a Last 16 game in Glasgow :#

But yes Haaland should have a custom already! This is why i am playing Master League instead..
  • GlennMufc
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When is the FIFA 21 thread starting ?
  • TeamExtreme17
    GlennMufc wrote: »
    When is the FIFA 21 thread starting ?

Will probably look to get it started around the end of the season. Last year i did it a lil too early..
  • Peanut2000
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Guessing they won’t be any new scans in fifa 21 because of the corona
  • tiago_moura98
    67 posts Park Captain
    Peanut2000 wrote: »

Well, if they can't do a scan session, they should create customs faces for players in need.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 12

This is a very good point, we could have a scenario where EA can't travel to certain places to scan players. Obviously this would be understandable until things improve, but it wouldn't stop them making a couple of hundred customs, especially with the graphics of NG consoles, custom faces should look far superior than the ones we currently have, even though i already love the ones for Lautaro etc and think we should already have these for Haaland etc..

P.S. They will of already scanned teams/leagues too anyway, so we will still get new scans..
  • Marco1993
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 12
    I think that EA have already scanned some teams around the world.
    We know that this teams have been scanned:

From France:
    Marseille - Psg - Lyon - (Probably full League 1 scan)

From Portugal:
    Benfica

From South America:
    Ea have scanned for sure other teams

From Germany (Last bundesliga scan)
    1/2 players that they haven't added yet in the game

so, however it goes, we will have a lot of new faces for 21!
    Think positive my friends :smiley:

• Peanut2000
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Marco1993 wrote: »
    I think that EA have already scanned some teams around the world.
    We know that this teams have been scanned:

From France:
    Marseille - Psg - Lyon - (Probably full League 1 scan)

From Portugal:
    Benfica

From South America:
    Ea have scanned for sure other teams

From Germany (Last bundesliga scan)
    1/2 players that they haven't added yet in the game

so, however it goes, we will have a lot of new faces for 21!
    Think positive my friends :smiley:

I’ll try😂 I know it’s off topic but do you know if we are getting new boots this week??
  • TeamExtreme17
    It would also be nice if EA added high priority scans into Fifa 21 now for players they have already scanned, if they have a Haaland scan, then add it, if they have a Bruno Fernandes scan, add it! I dont mind waiting until Fifa 21 for 99% of the star heads but ones like that we NEED now!!
  • Peanut2000
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    It would also be nice if EA added high priority scans into Fifa 21 now for players they have already scanned, if they have a Haaland scan, then add it, if they have a Bruno Fernandes scan, add it! I dont mind waiting until Fifa 21 for 99% of the star heads but ones like that we NEED now!!

You know of any new boots added this week?
  • Howler19
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect

Why don't you ask the foot fetishists in the boots thread?
  • Peanut2000
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    Howler19 wrote: »

Why don't you ask the foot fetishists in the boots thread?

No ones replying 😂😂
  • Quiffed
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Ea sports will be freaking out at the possibility of having to work hard
  • ponnyslakteriet
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect

This is a very good point, we could have a scenario where EA can't travel to certain places to scan players. Obviously this would be understandable until things improve, but it wouldn't stop them making a couple of hundred customs, especially with the graphics of NG consoles, custom faces should look far superior than the ones we currently have, even though i already love the ones for Lautaro etc and think we should already have these for Haaland etc..

P.S. They will of already scanned teams/leagues too anyway, so we will still get new scans..

fifa is not going next gen until 22 at the earliest (all depend on when dice have the new frostbite up and running) a couple hundred customs?

the reason they have scan rigs is because it does not only take full 360 photos of the players it also creates the basis for the 3d mapping. building 3d models is not easy from scratch the fact it is possible for modders to use existing mesh is the only reason they are even able to mod in the first place.

it is anyones guess what will happen, if i had to guess fifa 21 probably gets pushed further into winter.

but 'a couple hundred customs' is extremely unrealistic. when they'll be forced to create the mesh from scratch.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 13

fifa is not going next gen until 22 at the earliest (all depend on when dice have the new frostbite up and running) a couple hundred customs?

the reason they have scan rigs is because it does not only take full 360 photos of the players it also creates the basis for the 3d mapping. building 3d models is not easy from scratch the fact it is possible for modders to use existing mesh is the only reason they are even able to mod in the first place.

it is anyones guess what will happen, if i had to guess fifa 21 probably gets pushed further into winter.

but 'a couple hundred customs' is extremely unrealistic. when they'll be forced to create the mesh from scratch.

Says who? Fifa 14 was NG and released with PS4 consoles, so why wouldn't Fifa 21 be the same?

Yes couple of hundred customs, PES manage it on a yearly basis so why can't EA too? It's not extremely unrealistic at all (if they can't get around Europe to scan)

Stop going on about meshes, no one gives a crap how the face is made aslong as its IN THE GAME.. Mods have added faces for Bruno Fernandes, Frenkie De Jong, Erling Haaland etc so EA can do the same!!
  • ponnyslakteriet
    edited March 13

Says who? Fifa 14 was NG and released with PS4 consoles, so why wouldn't Fifa 21 be the same?

Yes couple of hundred customs, PES manage it on a yearly basis so why can't EA too? It's not extremely unrealistic at all (if they can't get around Europe to scan)

Stop going on about meshes, no one gives a crap how the face is made aslong as its IN THE GAME.. Mods have added faces for Bruno Fernandes, Frenkie De Jong, Erling Haaland etc so EA can do the same!!

right, here comes the part where you fall back and start being quiet. it's completly irrelevant what was in the past, fifa runs off of frostbite now, dice makes frostbite and the next iteration of the frostbite engine won't be ready until sometime next year (earliest) fifa 21 will release for ps5 but it won't have updated engine graphics making use of the new hardware.

and yes, a couple of hundred customs is completly unrealistic as the game is supposed to be ready to ship in around six months, half the dev cycle have already passed. secondly they are two entirely different engines, frostbite is frostbite and fox is fox. if you do not understand even the basics of 3d modeling then stop arguing with someone that does.

the mesh used to create the bruno fernandes face that wichanwoo made (which is what i posted here) was some random dude from a uae league, that's how all (and i mean all) modded faces you see for fifa 20 are made.

think the 90's john woo movie face-off that's basicly what modders do, you need the mesh (which is essentially the skeleton) that you then attach the skin/hair/beard textures to. and creating 3d models from scratch is not easy. especially from something so unique as someones face. it's not like creating a 3d model of an object. (which is also not a cakewalk by any means)

now stop behaving like a ignorant petulant little child.
  • TeamExtreme17

right, here comes the part where you fall back and start being quiet. it's completly irrelevant what was in the past, fifa runs off of frostbite now, dice makes frostbite and the next iteration of the frostbite engine won't be ready until sometime next year (earliest) fifa 21 will release for ps5 but it won't have updated engine graphics making use of the new hardware.

and yes, a couple of hundred customs is completly unrealistic as the game is supposed to be ready to ship in around six months, half the dev cycle have already passed. secondly they are two entirely different engines, frostbite is frostbite and fox is fox. if you do not understand even the basics of 3d modeling then stop arguing with someone that does.

the mesh used to create the bruno fernandes face that wichanwoo made (which is what i posted here) was some random dude from a uae league, that's how all (and i mean all) modded faces you see for fifa 20 are made.

think the 90's john woo movie face-off that's basicly what modders do, you need the mesh (which is essentially the skeleton) that you then attach the skin/hair/beard textures to. and creating 3d models from scratch is not easy. especially from something so unique as someones face. it's not like creating a 3d model of an object. (which is also not a cakewalk by any means)

Who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ keeps putting 50p in this guy???
  • TeamExtreme17
  • pipopazzo33
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Take into account that next gen consoles will be pushed back due to manufacturing in China. The earliest 2021 release maybe. So we are stuck with Fifa 21 at least being the same game basically. The epidemic will be used by EA as an excuse to not update too many faces for next iteration. Its the perfect storm. We thought this year was bad wait till autumn to be amazed in a bad way. Let the pre orders begin soon then
  • ponnyslakteriet
    edited March 13
    Take into account that next gen consoles will be pushed back due to manufacturing in China. The earliest 2021 release maybe. So we are stuck with Fifa 21 at least being the same game basically. The epidemic will be used by EA as an excuse to not update too many faces for next iteration. Its the perfect storm. We thought this year was bad wait till autumn to be amazed in a bad way. Let the pre orders begin soon then

factories in china have already resumed operations again. in total they were shut down less than 8 weeks. so what you are saying makes zero sense.

they built three new scan rigs so far, and are adding atleast one more the first six months of this year. what do you think they built those for? office decorations?

Who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ keeps putting 50p in this guy???

thank you for underlining my point.
    Post edited by ponnyslakteriet on
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited March 13
    What a lovely mesh for Gedson Fernandes:

• Howler19
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @ponnyslakteriet listen.. unless you're making things up it's clear that you know more than most of us and I'm glad that you're willing to share that with us, but your attitude is also annoying as fk.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    edited March 14
    Howler19 wrote: »
    @ponnyslakteriet listen.. unless you're making things up it's clear that you know more than most of us and I'm glad that you're willing to share that with us, but your attitude is also annoying as fk.

it tends to become that way when you are forced to repeat yourself multiple times. i am all for critiique but it needs to be sensible. slamming a company on baseless grounds just becomes pointless hate.

a great example is all the 'kurt' lemmings who take everything he says as gospel, and who are now slamming pes on grounds that were never meant to apply to that series.

trust me i know how frustrating it is seeing 'generic' faces, if you search my posthistory here you'll find tons of posts complaining about it, i'm glad i discovered the pc-platform as it is really helped lowering my frustrations with things like that since everything i don't like i can just 'mod'

but lets just look at 18-19-20 and compare the amount of faces added per game, it is pretty clear at this point that ea are ramping up the frequency for instance i'm pretty sure we've never had a cycle like the current one previously where more or less every other patch since retail release is seeing new faces added.

yeah, it sucks big time when 'the one face' you've been hoping for does not get added, but imagine being from south america for instance, and being fans of teams that have been neglected by ea for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears and now finally this year their region of the world is being shown love by ea.

at this point they are doing one league a year (ligue 1 should be 21 unless something have changed in the last 3-4 months) next year would be seria a and after that who knows. and rescans for partner teams is something that should also be done yearly (same goes for adding missing players from the other leagues, however it's not resonable to expect them to set it up just for a couple of players due to costs)

i also know that ea have gotten alot of complaints both from players and brands such as nike and adidas about players not having their apperence updated in a somewhat timely fashion.

and again, we can also see a shift in areas other than playerfaces aswell, look at boots for instance where ea finally seem to have sorted the issues with nike and are now adding packs again. plus they've also gone back and fixed the botched vapor 13 model so now all future vapor 13 will look like it's supposed to.

yeah all of this should have been sorted years ago, but lets atleast try and be a little bit happy about the fact that things are finally changing in these areas.

(and yes ea still suck coke for dicc)

and finally just to show what i mean-

skFyktrAGE.png

^ this bruno fernandes was made by using the 3d model mesh (skeleton/wireframe) for mohammad al sahlawi (id 208916)

QcOhzCYCiM.png

^ this florentino luis uses the wireframe/mesh of charly musonda

e1xJhuRCGK.png

^ and i know this 11-12 bale surely it must be using gareth bale's current model as base right? nope, it is the wireframe of pablo barrera (id 173434)

so in summary, the reason why these faces all look so good (and close to what the player likeness is) is because wichanwoo was able to find existing mesh that matched these individual players more or less perfectly. that is also why there isn't a 'haland' yet for instance that is close to any of the above examples in quality.

O1cc8eG7ch.png

frenkie de jong is another one that often gets mentioned, that one above is made using jake nerwinski (id 237252)

if you google the names of the players iv'e mentioned here and look at photos of them, you can see that what iv'e written here is accurate information. hopefully this has been helpful in clearing up how it all fits together in terms of modding and what is possible and not.

Post edited by ponnyslakteriet on
  • TM1982
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So and sorry if this is a stupid question, but could the EA guys do the same thing and use meshes from other players that match the face they want to make?
  • ponnyslakteriet
    TM1982 wrote: »
    So and sorry if this is a stupid question, but could the EA guys do the same thing and use meshes from other players that match the face they want to make?

why would that be a stupid question? and yeah, they can it is not easy though matching 'another' players scan mesh to one that isn't scanned, which is why the quality of custom faces are all over the map, so based on that they would probably be reluctant to go that route since it's more or less trial and error

• TM1982
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah I suppose I can understand that. They do tend to be in a no win situation a lot of the time. They’d only get slated for a star head being poor.
  • TeamExtreme17

Yes they can. That is the problem with most of us in here. We are seeing great moddes faces on PC whilst EA are leaving the player generic on consoles..

Again, it's time they hired a modder to work for them In House to work solely on adding custom faces for players they cant scan and update already existing players who are outdated..
  • ponnyslakteriet

Yes they can. That is the problem with most of us in here. We are seeing great moddes faces on PC whilst EA are leaving the player generic on consoles..

Again, it's time they hired a modder to work for them In House to work solely on adding custom faces for players they cant scan and update already existing players who are outdated..

they've already explored that (you saw the tweets posted here in the thread about it) but ultimately the higher ups at ea said no to that direction and instead they've invested resources in building more scan rigs.

the fifa team wanted to go that direction, so it's not on them, it's on the people that signs the paychecks for the fifa team.
  • PabloEscobar
    246 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    when they rescan the PL Every Year in march april 🤔🤔