The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• ClioRS
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Chraudis wrote: »
    Is Ancelotti's face new, or is it just the old one?

Also this thing of the faces of the Managers ... I'm happy for Ancelotti .... and then they created Conte in the past of Inter and they don't insert his face ... Ranieri same thing .. they have to improve in this aspect .. now the video game player is more demanding
  • ponnyslakteriet
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 15
    ClioRS wrote: »
    Howler19 wrote: »
    Ziyech to Chelsea sadly.. However, just one of the benefits EA scan teams like Ajax and Benfica. Hakim will join Chelsea with a decent starhead.

I've always said that EA should regularly scan Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Porto, Sporting and maybe a couple more clubs with great academies and you have half the up and coming talents already scanned before they make their moves to the top leagues. Kudos to EA for doing at least Ajax and Benfica this year.

You're right but Neres is missing one of the best talents and Tagliafico ..... EASports has to improve on the amount of face creation, I personally play with an important team or a single important player with a generic face I feel like not to play. see Haaland, Akanji of Dortmund or Ansu Fati, De Jong, Arthur of Barcelona .. we hope with the next update to see some more faces

you can hardly put it on ea that tagliafico and neres did not get scanned, they were not back yet from international duty. and 'scans' is the way ea have chosen to go moving forwards. which is why they've built several new capture rigs already.

it is a massive undertaking in the first place to handle logistics to where a football club make their squads avaliable. due to the absurd amount of games your average club from a top 5 league play per year. needless to say when these sort of things get scheduled they try and make sure as many players as possible are able to attend. since it is a very laboring task.

• TeamExtreme17
    2765 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 15
    Ziyech to Chelsea sadly.. However, just one of the benefits EA scan teams like Ajax and Benfica. Hakim will join Chelsea with a decent starhead.

I've always said that EA should regularly scan Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Porto, Sporting and maybe a couple more clubs with great academies and you have half the up and coming talents already scanned before they make their moves to the top leagues. Kudos to EA for doing at least Ajax and Benfica this year.

You're right but Neres is missing one of the best talents and Tagliafico ..... EASports has to improve on the amount of face creation, I personally play with an important team or a single important player with a generic face I feel like not to play. see Haaland, Akanji of Dortmund or Ansu Fati, De Jong, Arthur of Barcelona .. we hope with the next update to see some more faces

you can hardly put it on ea that tagliafico and neres did not get scanned, they were not back yet from international duty. and 'scans' is the way ea have chosen to go moving forwards. which is why they've built several new capture rigs already.

it is a massive undertaking in the first place to handle logistics to where a football club make their squads avaliable. due to the absurd amount of games your average club from a top 5 league play per year. needless to say when these sort of things get scheduled they try and make sure as many players as possible are able to attend. since it is a very laboring task.

Thats the problem, EA's "Chosen" way of doing Star Heads is wrong. Hence generic faces for Bruno Fernandes, Frenkie De Jong, Erling Håland etc.. They need to mix it up!! Adding a couple of customs every time they add new scans is how it should go.. Whats 2 or 3 customs!? But they added one for Lautaro so as usual EA baffle me..

P.S. It's also okay saying Neres & Tagliafico were missing from the scan session, then add custom faces for them!! Why add an incomplete team???
  • ponnyslakteriet

Thats the problem, EA's "Chosen" way of doing Star Heads is wrong. Hence generic faces for Bruno Fernandes, Frenkie De Jong, Erling Håland etc.. They need to mix it up!! Adding a couple of customs every time they add new scans is how it should go.. Whats 2 or 3 customs!? But they added one for Lautaro so as usual EA baffle me..

P.S. It's also okay saying Neres & Tagliafico were missing from the scan session, then add custom faces for them!! Why add an incomplete team???

no, it's not 'wrong' fernandes will be in fifa 21, as will håland. the barcelona thing is due to licensing but they are apparently working on ways around that.

'adding a couple of customs' the difficult part isn't making a face texture or even the hair, it's the fact they need to create a 3d model to fit it onto.

that's why tons of the custom faces you see made by users look like a pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️, because for every single player that does not currently have a 'scan' face in fifa, they have to find a 'mesh' from another scanned player that have a matching facial structure as the player they want to create.

and 'ea' as a publicly traded company can't just start using community assets, since there are licensing laws prohibiting that.

and they did add several customs already this year, just like they made several new ones for fifa 20's launch.

the art team is the smallest on the entire fifa team, they do add customs regularly, it so just happens they did the likes of skriniar and martinez from inter this year, probably cause neres and tagliafico are still at ajax and them being a partner team they get scanned yearly.

essentially for every '1' custom they make from scratch they can probably process 10+ faces where the capture rig have already made most of the assets needed. not to mention that same art team are also the people that create the assets for kits, gloves, balls, and boots.

''b-b-b-b-b-b-but pes'' is the most tired argument in the book. you ever seen the 3d mesh for a pes boot? yikes.
  • ClioRS
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    All true what you say but EASports must keep up with the scans of the faces ... it is one of the components that make the game more realistic in addition to the gameplay the choirs the details of the single stadium .. make it more fascinating as well as the teams in the tunnel ... I hope that already in FIFA 20 at least one of these things will manage to make more faces at least of the most important teams
  • Ads_86
    341 posts Sunday League Hero

Pirlo face is brilliant in PES, was excited when I saw that FIFA we're getting Pirlo as an icon... Until I saw his awful custom face :'(

Wish there was an icon team for offline, I know it's doubtful I'll ever get both online but least you can download the legends in PES for offline.

• ponnyslakteriet
    All true what you say but EASports must keep up with the scans of the faces ... it is one of the components that make the game more realistic in addition to the gameplay the choirs the details of the single stadium .. make it more fascinating as well as the teams in the tunnel ... I hope that already in FIFA 20 at least one of these things will manage to make more faces at least of the most important teams

that is what they are doing? as i said they built two new capture rigs last fall (after fifa20 shipped) and are adding atleast one more in 2020. they aren't building those to decorate the office with them.

what they (as in the people above the fifa team, actual ea board people) have decided though is that capturing through scanning is how they want to build upon things for the coming generation of games.

if it was up to the 'fifa' team themselves to decide wichanwoo (the guy who's photos iv'e posted numerous times in this thread) would have been hired a long time ago. several of the people on the fifa team use his faces at home and around the office they are big fans of his work.

to the point of where they have ''competitions'' where they'll put his custom work alongside a ea scan and people in the office guess which is which.

• Quiffed
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have the club America faces etc come out? Sorry haven’t got tv. Only played game once since October
  • Kvnji
    77 posts Park Captain
    Quiffed wrote: »
    Have the club America faces etc come out? Sorry haven’t got tv. Only played game once since October

Yeah, last week.

G. Ochoa
    G. dos Santos
    R. Ibarra
    N. Castillo
    R. Martínez
    P. Aguilar
    A. Ibargüen
    L. Suárez
    E. Aguilera
    H. Ortega

The players above have a face atm.
  • Szoko
    54 posts Park Captain
    Columbus Crew, Real Salt Lake and Houston Dynamo got scanned for FIFA 21 said the german facebook site "Fifa Karrierehilfe"

has anybody more infos?
  • Howler19
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Szoko wrote: »
    Columbus Crew, Real Salt Lake and Houston Dynamo got scanned for FIFA 21 said the german facebook site "Fifa Karrierehilfe"

has anybody more infos?

Columbus got scanned for sure because they posted a pic of Zelarayán getting scanned on their instagram. Don't know about the other two clubs but it's probably true.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite

has anybody more infos?

No offense to any MLS fans here but couldn’t care less about these scans
  • TGreatOne
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 19
    Some scanned/custom faces will return with the Libertadores DLC. The ones that come to mind right now are Dani Alves (Sao Paulo), Filipe Luís (Flamengo), Emmanuel Adebayor (Olimpia) and Keisuke Honda (Botafogo).
    Nicolás Domingo was possibly scanned while he was at Independiente, but he recently left to Olimpia.
  • lapich29
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ganso luis nene pato diego ribas juan carlos paredes antonio valencia antonin alcaraz nelson valdez josue colman .... will may be come with copa libertadores too. But not sure for players of brasilian league.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Add a Håland custom Star Head for the Love of God!!!!! @EA_Roger

P.S. Can anyone tell me why Håland wasn't cup-tied for the Champions League?
  • RollsReus
    1455 posts Professional

New rule introduced from last season that ended it from preventing players from playing for a new team. Largely associated with Coutinho's transfer to Barcelona.
  • TeamExtreme17
    RollsReus wrote: »

New rule introduced from last season that ended it from preventing players from playing for a new team. Largely associated with Coutinho's transfer to Barcelona.

Thanks mate!
  • OYNXX7
    11 posts Ball Boy
    any update for upcoming bruno fernandes new face scan?
  • TeamExtreme17
    OYNXX7 wrote: »

Fifa 21 most likely, even though they're probably sat on a scan and there is nothing stopping them making a custom either..
  • Quiffed
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Man united / PES player - my guess is no scan
  • TeamExtreme17
    Quiffed wrote: »

Man united / PES player - my guess is no scan

EA can still scan Man Utd due to the PL deal. As can they update Old Trafford. Confirmed by Corey. No excuses...
  • henryclay1844
    959 posts Professional
    What is the limit on the number of players you can create in FIFA?
  • Szoko
    54 posts Park Captain
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

has anybody more infos?

nevertheless you commented... :)

i heard the brazilian players will stay generic in the DLC :/
  • Pwalie86
    1397 posts Professional
    How long until EA sort out another Ethan Ampadu scan?

I didn't realise he had his hair chopped until tonight. I don't watch Bundesliga.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

has anybody more infos?

nevertheless you commented... :)

i heard the brazilian players will stay generic in the DLC :/
    Exactly
  • styles_fc
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    How long until EA sort out another Ethan Ampadu scan?

I didn't realise he had his hair chopped until tonight. I don't watch Bundesliga.

Shaking my head so hard at this post....
  • Tom0307
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special

EA can still scan Man Utd due to the PL deal. As can they update Old Trafford. Confirmed by Corey. No excuses...

You say that but who have they updated in the last couple of years? And Barcelona they have the La Liga licence for but they haven't scanned a Barca player in ages (hence people like Arthur being generic still). So I wonder if something does prevent them from scanning the teams in exclusive deals, even if they're allowed to have them in the game
  • tommy_p_5
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tom0307 wrote: »

You say that but who have they updated in the last couple of years? And Barcelona they have the La Liga licence for but they haven't scanned a Barca player in ages (hence people like Arthur being generic still). So I wonder if something does prevent them from scanning the teams in exclusive deals, even if they're allowed to have them in the game

Last year they added/updated Chong, Gomes, Lindelof, Lingard, Pogba. Hamilton.
    This year: Dalot, De Gea, Fred, Shaw (plus Lukaku and Sanchez)

In fairness, that's better than some other PL teams.
  • Howler19
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »
    Tom0307 wrote: »

Last year they added/updated Chong, Gomes, Lindelof, Lingard, Pogba. Hamilton.
    This year: Dalot, De Gea, Fred, Shaw (plus Lukaku and Sanchez)

In fairness, that's better than some other PL teams.

Doesn't say a whole lot though since United only went to PES this summer and we haven't had any scans done since then that we know of. Arsenal is the real proof that PL works differently. They have been PES partners for years and are still getting a few EA scans per year.