The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• L4r14m
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 22
    There was no separate squad update, as far as I can see. (And the transfers aren’t up to date.) But the new starheads come with the update.
  • Infiz
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Not all, can’t see paredes and choupo-moting in PSG
  • You'll see the updated starheads straight away but the player who had generic before wont update until there's a squad update. Last time it took ages for the the squad update to drop.
  • L4r14m
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

That’s too bad. Won’t be starting a new career, yet, then...
  • kosmagrawgry
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks like Icardi have a update face too?
  • Squad Update friday ??? ....who knows....
  • Infiz
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Hope so
  • Looks like Icardi have a update face too?

Probably not? He got one last FIFA though
  • Kasa
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is Mourinho already in?
  • Pwalie86
    1383 posts Professional
    Not sure why we have to start new career modes as with the one I started in September, McBurnie's face had been updated a month or 2 after without starting a new career. At first he didn't have his beard but now he does.
  • Kvnji
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited January 22
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Not sure why we have to start new career modes as with the one I started in September, McBurnie's face had been updated a month or 2 after without starting a new career. At first he didn't have his beard but now he does.

FIFA faces in the frostbite engine work in values:

When a player has a generic face: the value is ticked "No".

When a player has a starhead or custom face, then the value is ticked "Yes".

When they make a change in the value (for example the adition of thenew PSG face patch) all previous saves will not include the update with the faces, BUT when they update a face (Neymar for example) it WILL update the previous made saves because the value was already ticked "yes".

EA sports made the visuals (faces, kits, stadiums etc.) not seperate from the database, which means having to restart every career mode save to get the visual updates..

Hope this was helpfull! :)

Post edited by Kvnji on
  • TeamExtreme17
    2675 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kvnji wrote: »

When a player has a generic face: the value is ticket "No".

When a player has a starhead or custom face, then the value is ticket "Yes".

When they make a change in the value (for example the new PSG face patch) all previous saves will not include the update, BUT when they update a face (Neymar for example) it WILL update the previous made saves because the value was already ticket "yes".

I knew this, but just wondering if you know why PES can include them? Is it just a line of code Konami uses that EA doesnt?
  • Kvnji
    72 posts Park Captain

When they make a change in the value (for example the new PSG face patch) all previous saves will not include the update, BUT when they update a face (Neymar for example) it WILL update the previous made saves because the value was already ticket "yes".

I knew this, but just wondering if you know why PES can include them? Is it just a line of code Konami uses that EA doesnt?

Yeah, It is probably the way PES coded the game. They have visuals (faces, kits etc) seperated from the database (squads).
  • TeamExtreme17

Yeah, It is probably the way PES coded the game. They have visuals (faces, kits etc) seperated from the database (squads).

Hopefully EA learn to do this on PS5 then, which hopefully is Fifa 21..
  • ponnyslakteriet
    480 posts Sunday League Hero

21 will be released for PS5 but you won't see 'next gen' until 22 or 23.
  • TeamExtreme17

Why? We seen NG for Fifa 14 on Ignite..
  • Kasa
    Anyone has a list of players which had real faces but are updated?
  • ponnyslakteriet

because the next iteration of frostbite won't be finished until then.
  • BlackMortem868
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special

They should move away from the Frostbite brand all together and develop an engine specific for Fifa and its needs.
  • Howler19
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect

According to this something connected to Pumas is coming January 23. Most likely more faces from them, so new update should be coming tomorrow.
  • ponnyslakteriet

They should move away from the Frostbite brand all together and develop an engine specific for Fifa and its needs.

never going to happen, ea bought dice because they wanted them to build an engine for their whole brand. frostbite is here to stay.
  • Azzabazza
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    So other than the alleged Pumas UNAM facescans possibly coming out today, how much more facescan updates can we expect before the big CONMEBOL update in March? (2 to 3 more updates) ?
  • We’ve already lost 2 new faces that came with the update, Carlos Lopez & Ramiro Sanchez nice one EA 👍🏻 Ramball & Dominguez have also been removed, but I’m sure there’s a few others that have gone that I have missed
  • Oh & Saez too
  • Quiffed
    We’ve already lost 2 new faces that came with the update, Carlos Lopez & Ramiro Sanchez nice one EA 👍🏻 Ramball & Dominguez have also been removed, but I’m sure there’s a few others that have gone that I have missed

Ramball and Dominguez?
  • G9020wk
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Cause PES customizer isn’t separate it’s one only when they add new players it will not be in your squad. when update the Database in update live squads it filters through in the save game. YOU also edit player outside of Master league and pulls through. I think Ea’s saved games are instances could be wrong that saved what you started with cause keep on calling back the same instance you saved. Certain settings are saved to that instance
  • Daviddt86
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Are the rest not from UNAM?

Maybe later a new update
    We’ve already lost 2 new faces that came with the update, Carlos Lopez & Ramiro Sanchez nice one EA 👍🏻 Ramball & Dominguez have also been removed, but I’m sure there’s a few others that have gone that I have missed

Why?
    Transfered?
  • BarryBlackmore1977
    12 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 23
    Is there a list anywhere of these 71 new star heads?
  • Craig_B98
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Squad update is live
  • ERD17
    24 posts Ball Boy
    Craig_B98 wrote: »
    Squad update is live

Consoles?