The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    Started a Man Utd CM instead as i love Utd too much, sold Pogba for £100million n bought Grealish for £15million!? :D

Any other ideas to improve Utd? Star Heads only.. I was thinking Sancho, Lautaro & Neves?

Edit: I can't buy Lautaro as it says "The player is not for sale, as the team doesn't have enough depth in this position", has anyone else experienced this?
    May I suggest Lukaku? Hahaha! Just playing with ya. Which Neves were you referring to? How about Piatek? Not sure if he's any good and I don't think he can fit into the Man U system. I like that Muriel guy who's in Fiorentino right? But I think he is in his 30s now sooo.....
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Started a Man Utd CM instead as i love Utd too much, sold Pogba for £100million n bought Grealish for £15million!? :D

Any other ideas to improve Utd? Star Heads only.. I was thinking Sancho, Lautaro & Neves?

Edit: I can't buy Lautaro as it says "The player is not for sale, as the team doesn't have enough depth in this position", has anyone else experienced this?

Happens a lot occasionally but seems a bit weird for Insta. Have you thought about Bale?
    I'd also consider: Matuidi, De Vrij, Douglas Costa, Promes, Van De Beek, N'Didi, Aouor, Guerreiro, Zaha and Bailey
  • ManzGOTIT
    2333 posts Fans' Favourite
    styles_fc wrote: »

Happens a lot occasionally but seems a bit weird for Insta. Have you thought about Bale?
    I'd also consider: Matuidi, De Vrij, Douglas Costa, Promes, Van De Beek, N'Didi, Aouor, Guerreiro, Zaha and Bailey

Milinkovic Savic is one i sign in recent FIFA’s for Utd
  • Revolver_310
    404 posts Sunday League Hero

When that happens I just buy a striker from another club, then I'd offer that striker to Inter in exchange for a player they have in any position other than striker, then when I have that player in a different position, offer him back to Inter in exchange for Martinez. That way they have enough players in the striking position to let him go.

It's a bit of a work around, but it saves waiting for then to sign a striker themselves.
  • Started a Man Utd CM instead as i love Utd too much, sold Pogba for £100million n bought Grealish for £15million!? :D

I bought grealish, godfrey, Fabian, koke

Defence was my main problem and now a few months in tuanzebe is my msin defender good game face aswell so that is amazing

Sold pogba mata Jones fred pereira
  • BlackMortem868
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Same tried to buy him and it says "This player is too important to the team"
  • Anyone who can please LIKE this twitter post.

It’s worth one more shot!
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    On a sidenote for everyone. I really think all of us should get on-board and start a CM now! Don't touch FUT. I certainly haven't since the update.. tried to retire Seb Larsson and David Villa to be my managers, however only got offered lower league teams in Sweden/Japan.

Tried it with Phil Jagielka and chose Paderborn (despite offers to manage Championship clubs). Got offered to take-on RB Leipzieg in January and brought in a heap of new scans and enjoying it, despite it's fault.

EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO DROP FUT AND START A CM
  • Futbol22 wrote: »
    Anyone who can please LIKE this twitter post.

Typical for this thread... When presented with an opportunity to send EA a “minor” message everyone flakes and does nothing productive.

Cheers everyone👎
  • mickjacobjr
    1213 posts Professional
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Typical for this thread... When presented with an opportunity to send EA a “minor” message everyone flakes and does nothing productive.

Cheers everyone👎

I think ea have no intention of adding these this yr as ligue 1 will get the full treatment next yr
  • BlackMortem868

Cheers everyone👎

I think ea have no intention of adding these this yr as ligue 1 will get the full treatment next yr

Total BS on EA's part since they marketed it for fifa 20, I swear if I only had the money to hire a lawyer and lived in the right country (closer to EA), I would sue for false advertising.

No bluff, I really would...sick and tired of waiting on something promised, sick and tired of being disappointed after every starhead update, sick and tired of being disregarded as a fan of their mediocre game time and time again....
  • Where's Jose Mourinho's starhead?
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Where's Jose Mourinho's starhead?

Hopefully next squad update if we get one this week maybe?
  • BlackMortem868

Celebs asking EA to do their jobs yet again
  • Kvnji
    70 posts Park Captain

Celebs asking EA to do their jobs yet again

With those 1D twitter fan girls, EA definitly can't ignore that! ;)
  • Pedders8
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm not a Swansea fan but I noticed their under armour is black which is wrong and looks stupid! How can I notice things like this but game developers can't? It's been wrong since release and I imagine other clubs have this issue too. Their attention to detail is getting worse every year.
  • Quiffed
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I want Raschica from Bremen
  • Revolver_310
    edited December 2019
    Press conferences are still laughable. Keep getting asked why a player hasn't made his debut, even though he has.

AI transfers are still as ridiculous as ever too. Leverkusen have signed multiple left backs, Napoli have sold off all their best players, Freiburg have been on a spending spree which has them with Troy Deeney up front. You get all these new Bundesliga faces and the AI sells half of them in the first window!
  • D. Nice
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A pity that Perr Schuurs from Ajax didn't get a starhead. Great talent and pretty sick in game for me actually. Hope they'll add him if he was really present at the scanning session.
  • Revolver_310
    LFC looking likely to sign Minamino from RB Salzburg in January according to usually reliable local journalists. Starhead for FIFA 21? :o
  • mickjacobjr
    1213 posts Professional
    LFC looking likely to sign Minamino from RB Salzburg in January according to usually reliable local journalists. Starhead for FIFA 21? :o

If he signs for Liverpool in jan he should have scan in Fifa 21 unless they loan him back or somewhere else for rest of the season
  • Revolver_310

If he signs for Liverpool in jan he should have scan in Fifa 21 unless they loan him back or somewhere else for rest of the season

So many good young players at Salzburg, but none with starheads. Only thing you can hope for is that they get a move to a club who get updated each year. Fortunately I'm a Liverpool fan anyway, so Minamino would be extra sweet.
  • KleoD
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2019
    Pedders8 wrote: »
    I'm not a Swansea fan but I noticed their under armour is black which is wrong and looks stupid! How can I notice things like this but game developers can't? It's been wrong since release and I imagine other clubs have this issue too. Their attention to detail is getting worse every year.

I’m a West Ham fan so I noticed our kit. What’s more laughable is the under shirt is claret and the long sleeve kit is blue, so I’m essence it’s 2 different styles of kit.
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    SPMendes10 wrote: »
    For those of you who hate seeing unrealistic transfers in your CM, I found a a bit of a fix. If outside of CM you transfer each player you don’t want transferred to free agent and then transfer them back to their team, they will not transfer in CM for at least 4 transfer windows. It’s a little time consuming, it took me about 30 minutes to go through all the top teams and do this for players who are unlikely to move (Mane, Rashford, etc) but my CM transfers are much more realistic now. So for being off topic, but seemed like a good loophole to share.

Great idea, I have done this in the past, never thought of posting it though, great shout
  • ManzGOTIT
    2333 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buzzing my t**s over the Minamino move. Hope he gets a scan for 21
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited December 2019
    For those of you who hate seeing unrealistic transfers in your CM, I found a a bit of a fix.
    If outside of CM you transfer each player you don’t want transferred to free agent and then transfer them back to their team, they will not transfer in CM for at least 4 transfer windows.
    It’s a little time consuming, it took me about 30 minutes to go through all the top teams and do this for players who are unlikely to move (Mane, Rashford, etc) but my CM transfers are much more realistic now. So for being off topic, but seemed like a good loophole to share.
    Thank you for the info! Never would have thought this myself. Correct me if I'm wrong as this is what I understand from your post :
    1. Before starting a CM, transfer the players to free agent in Edit Teams (if I remember correctly).
    2. After doing that, transfer the players back to their respective teams.
    3. Start New CM (Manager Career) and select Initial Squad (if I remember correctly).
    Did I get that correct? Thank you in advance.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2627 posts Fans' Favourite
    But this would stop you signing them in any further CM's you may want to do? Again, a quick fix for EA's lazyness on not improving the transfer algorithm. I think Football Manager is the way forward in future..
  • SPMendes10 wrote: »
    For those of you who hate seeing unrealistic transfers in your CM, I found a a bit of a fix.
    If outside of CM you transfer each player you don’t want transferred to free agent and then transfer them back to their team, they will not transfer in CM for at least 4 transfer windows.
    It’s a little time consuming, it took me about 30 minutes to go through all the top teams and do this for players who are unlikely to move (Mane, Rashford, etc) but my CM transfers are much more realistic now. So for being off topic, but seemed like a good loophole to share.
    Thank you for the info! Never would have thought this myself. Correct me if I'm wrong as this is what I understand from your post :
    1. Before starting a CM, transfer the players to free agent in Edit Teams (if I remember correctly).
    3. Start New CM (Manager Career) and select Initial Squad (if I remember correctly).

Everything is right except you need to use Current Squad when starting the new CM.
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited December 2019

Everything is right except you need to use Current Squad when starting the new CM.
    Thanks so much! Will try it myself. But yeah, it would be time-consuming.