The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    Just started my 1st Career Mode on 7th December for a game i bought September 19th, kind of embarrassing from EA. But i decided to go with Spurs (will do a Man Utd one next then try the Bundesliga)
    , here is what i've done so far:

Bought

Grealish
    Chilwell
    Aarons

Sold

Eriksen
    Rose
    Any ideas how how to further improve this Spurs team? I wanted to bring Mings in too but it won't let me as he's "only just recently joined Aston Villa"[/spoler]
    I can see that you sold the senior players. If only I can recommend you Wilson. But maybe that's why you bought Grealish. I guess you're good to go then!
  • LordByron
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    LordByron wrote: »
    You know it's a kind a strange feeling... everything started since one of my fav players was younger than me, I literally felt old. I'm not able to fit in the new generation of footballers, I'm still stuck with the golden generation between 2014-2018.
    If that makes you feel old then it's safe to say that I'm in a more horrifying situation when comparing my age to the players. Ha! Maybe you and I and others can look at it this way. We get to manage the football club we love no matter how young the players are. Quite an "achievement" for a 40 year old don't you think?

without quite! it's definitely an achievement! I do like Liverpool, but honestly I could manage Everton as well. I just love football, especially the Premier League. This is one of the reason I buy Fifa and not PES, because Fifa owns the rights of the Premier League.
  • nao619 wrote: »
    Mark0515 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic, but do i understand it right that you can use a player as the manager of your team? If so, how do you do that?

You start a player career mode, then you choose to retire and you will get job offers from different clubs just like when you look for other Jobs as a current manager

You have to start a player career and then retire the player straight away. They then become a manager and have a few management offers.

Thnx!!
  • Verdi42
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anybody interested in a topic where we sum up players that we might retire to use as managers? Like I’d love to manage Everton with Baines, or use Ledley’s magnificent beard to manage a lower side team.
    If you’re on pc you can also use icons or hidden faces.
  • Revolver_310
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    Finally started career mode, a joke we've had to wait this long. Retired Ragnar Klavan and had him take over Paderborn in the Bundesliga, they were the only Bundesliga option. They're the weakest side in the league, most players are rated in the 60's, and have no real stadium either, but I'm hoping it'll be a fun little start to the mode.

Amazing what career mode can do though, finally looking forward to actually playing this game.
  • MrBromwich
    45 posts Park Captain
    Does any one have the same problem that career mode freezes all the time. During negotiations and scrolling in menu.
  • Revolver_310
    Not noticed that, though pre match press conferences have completely disappeared. I could do one for the first match but now they've just vanished, no option to attend anywhere, and I can only do the ones after a match.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally started career mode, a joke we've had to wait this long. Retired Ragnar Klavan and had him take over Paderborn in the Bundesliga, they were the only Bundesliga option. They're the weakest side in the league, most players are rated in the 60's, and have no real stadium either, but I'm hoping it'll be a fun little start to the mode.

Amazing what career mode can do though, finally looking forward to actually playing this game.

They got relegated on mine with 4pts total

• Revolver_310
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

They got relegated on mine with 4pts total

Hopefully I'll do a bit better than that :D
  • Shggag
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    Anybody interested in a topic where we sum up players that we might retire to use as managers? Like I’d love to manage Everton with Baines, or use Ledley’s magnificent beard to manage a lower side team.

Why not, from the top of my head I can think of

Zalatan
    Buffon
    Baines
    Rebiry
    Graziano Pellè
  • TeamExtreme17
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shggag wrote: »

Zalatan
    Buffon
    Baines
    Rebiry
    Graziano Pellè

Rooney
  • GlennMufc
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shggag wrote: »

Zalatan
    Buffon
    Baines
    Rebiry
    Graziano Pellè

Schweinstiger managing a bundesliga team
  • Shggag
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You can use young players to get that Julian Nagelsmann feel of young revolutionary coach
  • The PSG face scan was done 3 months ago before all the new player who’ve been added til now for sure... So I really don’t understand how Ea didn’t put them yet, they might lose the files.. As a french and PSG fan, I’m really frustrated to not begin my career yet with PSG. Can someone from EA could give some infos about it...
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    MrBromwich wrote: »
    Does any one have the same problem that career mode freezes all the time. During negotiations and scrolling in menu.
    I'm in the early stage of my CM. Still scouting players I'm interested in. Will look into this matter once I enter the nego process.
    Not noticed that, though pre match press conferences have completely disappeared. I could do one for the first match but now they've just vanished, no option to attend anywhere, and I can only do the ones after a match.
    If I remember correctly, there are still pre match PCs in my bro's CM although infrequently. He's playing Forest if that indicates anything.
  • BlackMortem868
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    k_nine94 wrote: »
    The PSG face scan was done 3 months ago before all the new player who’ve been added til now for sure... So I really don’t understand how Ea didn’t put them yet, they might lose the files.. As a french and PSG fan, I’m really frustrated to not begin my career yet with PSG. Can someone from EA could give some infos about it...

They're never coming, I gave up.

PSG fan here as well
  • Verdi42
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nize92 wrote: »
    I recommend Martin Harnik from Hamburger SV (Werder Bremen). Quality face and realistic in tearms of retirement/ Coach.

Whas he updated and thus has his beard and long hair ingame now?
  • Revolver_310
    Andy Robertson's face is so bad. When did they do his face, when he was 12? He looks like a possessed ventriloquist doll.

Badly needs updating, and I'm usually not bothered by outdated faces, because at least it's a face, but still, it's so bad.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    Andy Robertson's face is so bad. When did they do his face, when he was 12? He looks like a possessed ventriloquist doll.

Badly needs updating, and I'm usually not bothered by outdated faces, because at least it's a face, but still, it's so bad.
    From FIFA 16 I believe
  • Sevilla is in desperate need of face scans. L. de Jong, Ocampos, Dabbur, Koundé, Reguilón, Vaclík, Lopes, Diego Carlos, Óliver Torres and Bryan Gil are all generic. Banega and Nolito are outdated.
  • Nize92
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Nize92 wrote: »
    I recommend Martin Harnik from Hamburger SV (Werder Bremen). Quality face and realistic in tearms of retirement/ Coach.

Whas he updated and thus has his beard and long hair ingame now?

No as far as i know he never had a starhead before
  • Dlima0284
    67 posts Park Captain
    We expecting a update tomorrow?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Dlima0284 wrote: »
    We expecting a update tomorrow?

Week after i'd say.
  • Any news about psg starheads?
  • ponnyslakteriet
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

From FIFA 16 I believe

yeah, pretty sure they did it when he was still at hull. he should be updated for fifa 21 though, since liverpool are a partner team now.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited December 2019
    Started a Man Utd CM instead as i love Utd too much, sold Pogba for £100million n bought Grealish for £15million!? :D

Any other ideas to improve Utd? Star Heads only.. I was thinking Sancho, Lautaro & Neves?

Edit: I can't buy Lautaro as it says "The player is not for sale, as the team doesn't have enough depth in this position", has anyone else experienced this?
  • it's because Inter has only 3 strikers, Lautaro, Lukaku and Esposito, similar thing happened to me when i wanted to buy De Ligt in one of the earlier FIFA's because Ajax didn't have enough center backs