The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

  • styles_fc wrote: »
    shagg11 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the latest squad update on PC. It has Tyrone Mings' new scan but that's it. None of the others.

    Thanks for the info genius. Literally two pages worth of people telling you exactly that....

    Well aren't you special. Literally two pages of people crying about no console updates. That's why I said PC because we always get them first so you know what to expect. You're welcome, though, you useless ****.
  • ScorePlayer
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does the upcoming squad update enable all the new faces from both of the latest patches or just the first batch?
  • ScorePlayer
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is only a new squad update for FUT released, it will update the faces of the latest patch which arrived earlier this week.

    It will only apply to FUT mode, there is no sign of a squad update for non FUT modes.
  • Markiboi18
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Most likely be 6pm in the UK unless it comes before
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

    So it's available tonight but we can download it in a few minutes? Huh? :confused:
    I will download it after work tonight (currently 11:49am for me)
  • Steven1717
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Not out yet everyone, just checked smh.

    I live in the U.S it’s 6 PM and I’m on PS4
  • Jetwhitespurs
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kaiduss wrote: »
    EA gonna give us that squad update as a Christmas gift

    A Christmas gift you say, no chance of a gift from EA...can't even make a proper complete game with no issues...we didn't have these problems a few years ago so why now when we supposedly have better technology...
  • Altai
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2019
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2019
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    A lot of that is true, but they definitely won't be ONLY putting the update for FUT (and nothing else).

    UPDATE: I went on the EA Live Chat too and asked if the updated faces will be on CM/Kick-Off Modes and 'Javaid' said:
    "The studio team have not mentioned these details with us might be due to the internal process but you will be surely updated via out twitter page and hence request you keep eye on twitter updates"

    I asked him to 'ask the question' and he said "I contacted with the specialist team and as per the specialist team there is no any current update about it and don't want to make any false promise about it"
    Post edited by styles_fc on
  • ManzGOTIT
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    styles_fc wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

    So it's available tonight but we can download it in a few minutes? Huh? :confused:
    I will download it after work tonight (currently 11:49am for me)

    Longest Few mins ever
  • Steven1717
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Altai wrote: »
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    A lot of that is true, but they definitely won't be ONLY putting the update for FUT (and nothing else).

    Realize how it's been almost a month since console has gotten any of the new faces, yet FUT has consistently received them almost a immediately after they are released. This isn't a coincidence, it's by design.

    I was told that EA are banking on the fact that anyone who doesn't play FUT currently will be drawn into it now due to the fact that all the modes are slowly becoming inferior due to glitches and lack of updates (CM especially). Remember the -1 overall glitch that made CM unplayable and came out around holiday time last year and wasn't fixed for weeks? These are glitches PC modders were able to fix /reverse in days, yet EA let it exist for that long.

    This is why EA also doesn't care to spend money to renew their licenses with top clubs like Barcelona, Juventus, and Bayern Munich. They assumed that since most FIFA players just play FUT alone and create their own virtual club, that retaining the rights to the likenesses (including the kits, stadiums, etc) was pointless. Which is why despite being a multi-billion dollar company they chose to cut corners and not renew the licenses thinking nobody would care.

    💯

    Well said.
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Altai wrote: »
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    A lot of that is true, but they definitely won't be ONLY putting the update for FUT (and nothing else).

    Realize how it's been almost a month since console has gotten any of the new faces, yet FUT has consistently received them almost a immediately after they are released. This isn't a coincidence, it's by design.
    I understand what you're saying - but why go and update the likes oh Luiz, McBurnie, Hourihane and countless others, but then fail to include the likes of Grealish, McGinn..

    I'm not arguing against you, but surely they'll make these available in other game-modes. Like others have mentioned it's a flip of a switch to change the assets to 'yes'
  • Altai
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2019
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    A lot of that is true, but they definitely won't be ONLY putting the update for FUT (and nothing else).

    Realize how it's been almost a month since console has gotten any of the new faces, yet FUT has consistently received them almost a immediately after they are released. This isn't a coincidence, it's by design.
    I understand what you're saying - but why go and update the likes oh Luiz, McBurnie, Hourihane and countless others, but then fail to include the likes of Grealish, McGinn..

    I'm not arguing against you, but surely they'll make these available in other game-modes. Like others have mentioned it's a flip of a switch to change the assets to 'yes'

    Fortunately they just updated literally in the past few minutes for offline console modes, but everything I stated was pure facts straight from someone I know who works for EA. They don't care about anything but FUT because it's the main attraction that keeps revenue up even after the initial purchase of the game.

    EA has been trying to ween us off of the offline modes for the past few years and won't stop until their sales are drastically effected by it.
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Altai wrote: »
    Fortunately they just updated literally in the past few minutes for offline console modes, but everything I stated was pure facts straight from someone I know who works for EA. They don't care about anything but FUT because it's the main attraction that keeps revenue up even after the initial purchase of the game.

    EA has been trying to ween us off of the offline modes for the past few years and won't stop until their sales are drastically effected by it.
    Like I said, not arguing against you. I know all the care about is FUT.

    On another note: THANK GOD!!
  • Steffolovitch
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Just checked faces are FINALLLLLLYYYYYYY ON CAREER MODE!!!! SIUUUUUUUUUUUU

    Now we can begin to rant about the PSG and Atleti faces missing

    Just wanna take this moment and say Thank You EA.... actually F You EA

    Is it both updates, or only one of them?
  • ManzGOTIT
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Just checked faces are FINALLLLLLYYYYYYY ON CAREER MODE!!!! SIUUUUUUUUUUUU

    Now we can begin to rant about the PSG and Atleti faces missing

    Just wanna take this moment and say Thank You EA.... actually F You EA

    Is it both updates, or only one of them?

    Haven’t checked in depth as I was on it for like two mins Checking Villa
    Mings was in as well as the Villa faces fro the first update too but Mings already has a face so I’m not sure about the second update was in...

    It would be great if someone could validate it later today
  • OlaL
    23 posts Ball Boy
    Kodjia, Guilbert, Grealish etc, they were all in on my ps4. Had been fun to see statistics from this weekend. Amount of new career modes started💪🏼😁
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    fruk wrote: »
    Long time frustrated follower of this thread. Just wanna confirm that starheads from the last two updates are now available in career mode.

    Are you sure it's the faces from the last 2 squad updates? Zimmerman was one that I remember from the bids and lists I've seen, Mings was updated via patch so he doesn't count, if someone can confirm Zimmerman face on console as I at work please?
  • Yeah just checked in depth, both updates are available now- so we finally have 90% of Sheffield, Norwich and Villa teams so career mode away. I’m going to stay off this forum for awhile now- EA shaving years off my life with stress and frustration. Enjoy team ✌🏽
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah just checked in depth, both updates are available now- so we finally have 90% of Sheffield, Norwich and Villa teams so career mode away. I’m going to stay off this forum for awhile now- EA shaving years off my life with stress and frustration. Enjoy team ✌🏽

    Thanks for the update mate, enjoy your weekend with Career mode... Finally
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Salute to all of you! Indirectly, you guys made this into a reality. I know it has been a tiring week/s and it hurts me so much to read all your posts. So this update is definitely FOR you guys! Have fun with what you currently have and have A GREAT WEEKEND!
  • MrBromwich
    45 posts Park Captain
    Is there a problem with generic shoes again?? Ik saw it on twitter can someone confirm??
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can anyone check if Mourinho is Spurs manager? And if so is his face in?
  • G9020wk
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    then I will stay with Pes mar. Already import all the teams and they actually update existing save games lol

  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    G9020wk wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    then I will stay with Pes mar. Already import all the teams and they actually update existing save games lol

    Faces are in for offline, don't listen to him
  • Markiboi18
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    shrubb77 wrote: »
    G9020wk wrote: »
    Altai wrote: »
    Consoles aren't receiving the face updates, only FUT is, EA don't want people to play Career Mode or any other non-FUT/Volta modes because they can't make more money out of us after we've already purchased the game itself. Therefore it's pointless for EA to make the new faces available for non FUT players.

    https://ibb.co/BVZ44Gq

    After seeing this I asked my cousin who works at EA Vancouver and he confirmed this, EA want to maximize their profits for this quarter by pushing everyone to FUT, thus why they're the only ones getting the updates from now on.
    then I will stay with Pes mar. Already import all the teams and they actually update existing save games lol

    Faces are in for offline, don't listen to him

    To confirm as well squad update is there now finally crack on with a cm now
Sign In or Register to comment.