FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @EA_Andy never really though you did much here, but I’m sure you tried your best regardless to support us fans, all the best with your future..
  • TeamExtreme17
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    @EA_Andy never really though you did much here, but I’m sure you tried your best regardless to support us fans, all the best with your future..

He passed everything on he could, whether the devs listen or implement those ideas/bug fixes wasnt upto him..
  • is the update out also who are the 3 missing faces

• mickjacobjr
    1202 posts Professional
    is the update out also who are the 3 missing faces

Think it’s Dean Smith Daniel Farkle and Chris Wilder
  • BlackMortem868
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guys check this out...here's a pic (http://imgur.com/a/DRpVnXJ) because I can't copy the link to the tweet for some reason but apparently EA had a competition with various artists to represent a 3d model from a photo of a guy's face.

Based on the description of the tweet it appears that they plan to go all in for creating customs for fifa 21 which by the looks of it is gonna be of high quality

• BlackMortem868
    Guys check this out...here's a pic (http://imgur.com/a/DRpVnXJ) because I can't copy the link to the tweet for some reason but apparently EA had a competition with various artists to represent a 3d model from a photo of a guy's face.

Based on the description of the tweet it appears that they plan to go all in for creating customs for fifa 21 which by the looks of it is gonna be of high quality

By the way they were all given approximately 7 days to complete the model. So there's your answer on roughly how long customs should take.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 23

By the way they were all given approximately 7 days to complete the model. So there's your answer on roughly how long customs should take.

i repeat again, it all depends on the hair and beard on the player. why do you think ea used a already existing texture when they made their awful gullit icon face? (the mid/prime one)

because it's extremely difficult and takes a very long time to create textures for a hair type such as dreads, especially long ones. not to mention, that is only the ''shell'' after that you still have the process of exporting the texture, attaching it and rendering it.

vQBVE7t.jpg

FIFA_20_Screenshot_2019.10.25_-_22.27.26-horz.png

Post edited by ponnyslakteriet on
  • No one cares if it’s better we only care if they are at least there if they give us half decent customs then redo all the “poor” ones that’s still better than all the bs generics. How can semedo and ansu look like half the black players in game ffs
  • R_4hope
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    For the start of the copa libertadores in march they will can do the scan of flamengo! Gabriel Barbosa was incredible
  • Azzabazza
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hope they include ALL Brazilian Teams this time round in FIFA 21 & Hoping they'll include the Libertadores in FIFA 21. Would make way for a brilliant South American Career Mode.
  • Skorpio_King
    5303 posts Big Money Move
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Hope they include ALL Brazilian Teams this time round in FIFA 21 & Hoping they'll include the Libertadores in FIFA 21. Would make way for a brilliant South American Career Mode.

In fact, march 2020 is the date
  • Azzabazza
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    Azzabazza wrote: »

In fact, march 2020 is the date

I know that.
  • BlackMortem868
    No one cares if it’s better we only care if they are at least there if they give us half decent customs then redo all the “poor” ones that’s still better than all the bs generics. How can semedo and ansu look like half the black players in game ffs

Wasn't that already clear???????

The point of EA looking for new artists is to get better customs which look closer to real life interpretations and to have a output of more customs by Fifa 21.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    No one cares if it’s better we only care if they are at least there if they give us half decent customs then redo all the “poor” ones that’s still better than all the bs generics. How can semedo and ansu look like half the black players in game ffs

The point of EA looking for new artists is to get better customs which look closer to real life interpretations and to have a output of more customs by Fifa 21.

you claiming that the average is 7 days to create a custom is a moronic take however, because there is alot more involved in the process than just creating a 3d model. not to mention that the example you picked is a face with no facial hair to speak of, and a very standard haircut.

when it's hair that makes 3d modeling complicated in the first place. so no 7 days isn't the norm for anything.
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Thanks very much for the heads up! I guess this could be the result of our immense craving of faces. At last they're coming out and tell us that they're incapable of doing it in-house anymore? Where are my manners. Credit should go to EA too although this should of happen long time ago.....
  • BlackMortem868

you claiming that the average is 7 days to create a custom is a moronic take however, because there is alot more involved in the process than just creating a 3d model. not to mention that the example you picked is a face with no facial hair to speak of, and a very standard haircut.

when it's hair that makes 3d modeling complicated in the first place. so no 7 days isn't the norm for anything.

I said roughly meaning an estimate meaning not accurate but just an idea.... chill tf out you pressed ****...

I wasn't even talking about that, I was stressing on the fact that EA are trying to get artists to make better customs and to make more than we are accustomed to ffs.

Read thoroughly and stop talking out your arse mate.
  • Do you guys think there's a chance of Liverpool getting some scans in the coming weeks? The whole squad is pretty outdated and it would be a good way to begin their partnership
  • BlackMortem868
    Spookyhu wrote: »
    Do you guys think there's a chance of Liverpool getting some scans in the coming weeks? The whole squad is pretty outdated and it would be a good way to begin their partnership

Man I hope since they have a partnership now, Firmino is in dire need of an update.
  • tommy_p_5
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    R_4hope wrote: »
    For the start of the copa libertadores in march they will can do the scan of flamengo! Gabriel Barbosa was incredible

Incredible? Barbosa was average at best for 85 minutes, though the best strikers can do nothing all game then pop up with vital goals from nowhere.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Brazilian teams in terms of players being licensed - it would be great to see some of the key South American teams get scanned.
  • Craig_B98
    Would of been so much better of the Copa Libertadores DLC was added for the final yesterday rather than March 2020. Really hope they give us feel teams scans and not just a Broadcast package
  • henryclay1844
    937 posts Professional
    Craig_B98 wrote: »
    Would of been so much better of the Copa Libertadores DLC was added for the final yesterday rather than March 2020. Really hope they give us feel teams scans and not just a Broadcast package

I'm sure legally the license couldn't cover the 2019 season and must start with 2020. Whether or not this will also cover the 2020 Brasilario or the 20-21 Argentinian season remains to be seen.
  • Ashy
    9992 posts Has That Special Something
    Is the latest update out on ps4 yet?
  • Craig_B98
    Craig_B98 wrote: »

I'm sure legally the license couldn't cover the 2019 season and must start with 2020. Whether or not this will also cover the 2020 Brasilario or the 20-21 Argentinian season remains to be seen.

That probably is why. Hope we get full licensed league’s and team scans
  • R_4hope wrote: »

Hopefully! Seeing as Flamengo is the holder they would be the most likely to get scanned.

For the Libertadores to be a success EA needs to get stadiums and teams scanned.
  • LordByron
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Any news about this damn PSG?
    I stil have not bought the game. :sweat_smile:
  • ponnyslakteriet
    FIFA_20_Screenshot_2019.11.25_-_03.45.14-horz.png

pc.
  • Kaiduss
    794 posts Semi-Pro

pc.

That's a mod btw.
  • FifaAFC
    55 posts Park Captain
    E

pc.

Where did you find this mod?
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    edited November 24
    FifaAFC wrote: »
    E

pc.

Where did you find this mod?

Most mods I see here look like imported faces from PES.