FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• ponnyslakteriet
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 19
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Strange update...
    Very strange Villa and Norwich short 6/7 scans and the Villa players missing have been seen in scanning video

^ this also makes it seem likely that we'll get another update before x-mas. what's weird is how few liverpool players were updated aswell this year, given they are a partner now.

• So no one knows the last 4-6 missing scans?
  • mickjacobjr
    1202 posts Professional
    edited November 19
    So no one knows the last 4-6 missing scans?

Think it’s only 3 but don’t think anyone does
  • styles_fc
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Strange update...
    Very strange Villa and Norwich short 6/7 scans and the Villa players missing have been seen in scanning video

^ this also makes it seem likely that we'll get another update before x-mas. what's weird is how few liverpool players were updated aswell this year, given they are a partner now.

It's really bad. Pretty much everyone in this thread is looking forward to starting a Career Mode and we CANT.
    I want to start a Road To Glory with a team like Norwich, but all their scans aren't there..

I want to do a Atletico or PSG CM but their scans aren't there.

I want to do a RTG with a lower league team and sign a heap of various starheads but would drop it in a heartbeat (and start again) if an update came where some starheads got dropped in with an update. Its not how it should be....
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    edited November 20
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    I'm still patiently waiting for de Jong. The guy is solidifying himself as one of the best midfielders in the world and still has a generic FIFA face.

OT, but isn't Ajax exclusive to EA? IMO any team with a deal like that should have a complete scan. Guys like Tagliafico, Martinez, Alvarez, Veltman, even a handful of the high-end prospects should have real faces. I know they just added Van de Beek and some of the kids already have faces like Lang and Gravenberch, but I guess I'm getting greedy.

de jong had already left ajax (as had de ligt) when they had the scan session with ajax. tagliafico and neres weren't back from international duty that's why they missed out.

and barcelona seems to be off-limits due to the nature of the deal they currently have with pes. i do think it's possible ea will add custom faces for arthur and de jong, given just how big talents they both are.

So make a custom face for him like they did for Pepe? Not leave him generic.. And youre right about Barca, they cant scan them, but again, there is nothing stopping them making custom faces for them. As great as having promoted PL teams scanned, its no good doing so but leaving players such as De Jong, Bruno Fernandes etc generic...

as i said, due to the talent nature of de jong and arthur it's resonable to expect them to get custom faces added during this cycle. bruno fernandes on the other hand i would not expect.

also i'll repeat this again, i really suggest you and multiple others here educate yourself on the process of creating 3D models. because those really high quality customs you see being posted all over twitters and instagram? it takes multiple days worth of work to complete even one of those faces.

so what is it EA should prio? processing data from scanning sessions and transferring this to face models, or should they dedicate their time to building custom face models from scratch?

out of all departments included in the fifa team i'd put a fair bit of money on that the 3d/art one is by far the smallest.
    For most of them the good mods we see on PC look like PES faces transfered to FIFA.
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    I'm still patiently waiting for de Jong. The guy is solidifying himself as one of the best midfielders in the world and still has a generic FIFA face.

OT, but isn't Ajax exclusive to EA? IMO any team with a deal like that should have a complete scan. Guys like Tagliafico, Martinez, Alvarez, Veltman, even a handful of the high-end prospects should have real faces. I know they just added Van de Beek and some of the kids already have faces like Lang and Gravenberch, but I guess I'm getting greedy.

de jong had already left ajax (as had de ligt) when they had the scan session with ajax. tagliafico and neres weren't back from international duty that's why they missed out.

and barcelona seems to be off-limits due to the nature of the deal they currently have with pes. i do think it's possible ea will add custom faces for arthur and de jong, given just how big talents they both are.

So make a custom face for him like they did for Pepe? Not leave him generic.. And youre right about Barca, they cant scan them, but again, there is nothing stopping them making custom faces for them. As great as having promoted PL teams scanned, its no good doing so but leaving players such as De Jong, Bruno Fernandes etc generic...

as i said, due to the talent nature of de jong and arthur it's resonable to expect them to get custom faces added during this cycle. bruno fernandes on the other hand i would not expect.

also i'll repeat this again, i really suggest you and multiple others here educate yourself on the process of creating 3D models. because those really high quality customs you see being posted all over twitters and instagram? it takes multiple days worth of work to complete even one of those faces.

so what is it EA should prio? processing data from scanning sessions and transferring this to face models, or should they dedicate their time to building custom face models from scratch?

out of all departments included in the fifa team i'd put a fair bit of money on that the 3d/art one is by far the smallest.

We don't really care how long the process takes when we see faces for Bruno Fernandes, De Jong etc having faces in PES we want / expect them in Fifa too.. Especially when Konami don't even have licenses for half the teams / leagues players they add faces for! I bet you they will soon create a face for the likes of Håland in a future Data Pack.. (They actually listen to which player faces their fanbase wants)

De Jong? Bruno Fernandes? 2 highly requested players, does it really take that long to create 2 Star Heads???? Come on mate....

it helps to understand the process, unless your goal is to come off as a daftie. de jong is scanned in pes as per their deal with fc barcelona. not to mention pes buys face data from outside contractors, that's why they are able to have face updates running through the year where as ea seem to prefer to keep their modeling inhouse.

as i said, de jong will likely be added by ea during this cycle, considering the deal with barcelona isn't likely to change anytime soon. however bruno fernandes is not likely at all, he's due a move out of portugal in the next couple of windows so spending a week (yeah that's how long on average it takes to make a high quality custom face) to make a face for a player that only sees use in peoples career modes makes no sense what so ever from a company perspective. i would expect arthur melo to be added along with de jong though.

also, let's keep it real here for a second, ALOT of the custom faces PES add aren't great at all.

De Jong isnt scanned in PES. He already had a face last year witj Ajax and this is still the same this year.
  • FifaVN
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is ridiculous for those who complain about start again their CM. You guys begging for update faces more frequently and now EA is doing that. It is a choice to start CM again or not. So you guys want to start again with new faces or playong your ongoing one with no new faces for the whole year? Sometimes i just dont understand what ppl thinking.
  • Overall we’ve got to give credit to EA for the updates, but personally the last two updates have been really disappointing.

The PSG starheads need to be added and hopefully they come before December.
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FifaVN wrote: »
    It is ridiculous for those who complain about start again their CM. You guys begging for update faces more frequently and now EA is doing that. It is a choice to start CM again or not. So you guys want to start again with new faces or playong your ongoing one with no new faces for the whole year? Sometimes i just dont understand what ppl thinking.

I don't understand how you think either. People are complaining coz there shouldn't be start CM again period. There shouldn't be any choice. EA should let the updates playable in the existing CM but for some insane reason they won't let it. It doesn't make any sense. I applaud to those who still want these updates knowing that they have to either wait or start CM again. By the way, people will not go berserk in the first place if EA release all faces upon its release. Stop pointing to the community and start poking at EA will ya.
  • FifaVN
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I don't understand how you think either. People are complaining coz there shouldn't be start CM again period. There shouldn't be any choice. EA should let the updates playable in the existing CM but for some insane reason they won't let it. It doesn't make any sense. I applaud to those who still want these updates knowing that they have to either wait or start CM again. By the way, people will not go berserk in the first place if EA release all faces upon its release. Stop pointing to the community and start poking at EA will ya.

If you understand modding senses or even know how the CM save works, you will understand why CM cant auto enable new faces. It would cause crash and unstable to your save. Im sure EA want to include many faces as possible in the Initial release, but if you look at previous fifa, you want to wait for next year to have new faces again? Im not defending EA or anything, it hate this company so much, but i dont have other choices to play soccer game. But they adding new faces for high potential is a good improvement. I dont understand why you guys complaint about start your CM again, it always a choice to continue playing with your current faces, or start new CM with new faces.
  • T1m0
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Lodi and Sapnjic are heavily rumoured to be 2 of the 3 additional ones
  • T1m0
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Saponjic*
  • Kvnji
    56 posts Park Captain

If you understand modding senses or even know how the CM save works, you will understand why CM cant auto enable new faces. It would cause crash and unstable to your save. Im sure EA want to include many faces as possible in the Initial release, but if you look at previous fifa, you want to wait for next year to have new faces again? Im not defending EA or anything, it hate this company so much, but i dont have other choices to play soccer game. But they adding new faces for high potential is a good improvement. I dont understand why you guys complaint about start your CM again, it always a choice to continue playing with your current faces, or start new CM with new faces.

Yeah your right, but that doesn't make it right. Hopefully EA will build FIFA 21 from the ground up. The way this game is build is outdated AF. Other games can put new content ingame without breaking a save. They should make the visuals (faces, stadiums, boots and broadcast packages) seperate from the game play data(standings, transfers, history etc.) This way we can continuesly update our saves without breaking it. Only thing not updatable would be new players, but they can maybe add simple designed youth players with real names so there will be some kind of realistic roulation in players.

Other option could be to give us the tools (nowadays the had a breakthrough in the mod community, but it's still not optimal due the frostbite engine and the way FIFA 20 is build) to mod it ourself, so they have to do less.
  • Vincne1
    62 posts Park Captain
    I think Neres will
    T1m0 wrote: »

Nope. According to Sofifa, these 2 are not changed. I guess the unknown 3 or 4 faces might be some update to those existing starhead. PC users please explore Hermoso and Llorente from ATM. Thanks!
  • Vincne1 wrote: »
    I think Neres will
    T1m0 wrote: »

Nope. According to Sofifa, these 2 are not changed. I guess the unknown 3 or 4 faces might be some update to those existing starhead. PC users please explore Hermoso and Llorente from ATM. Thanks!

Nope they're not updated
  • Steffolovitch
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You make a valid point in regards to bringing new faces into existing saves. If that would in fact make the game crash, then it makes perfect sense, that they won't go down that road. But why are YOU telling us that? Why are EA and their hired community managers NOT telling us that? I have read this complaint numerous times, and it has never been answered by them. If the answer is really that simple, then why not just give us that? That would be easy and would disarm all those, who are frustrated and wondering.

You are absolutely right that it is our own choice whether to keep playing with the players as generics or starting over with new faces. But to many it just doesn't feel right to play with a generic face, if that player has in fact received a starhead in the meantime. It would make a lot of career mode players leave their current saves to start over. However, I chose to continue my save from late September until now, because I expected these new faces to arrive sometime in November. And I knew by the first two updates, that at least one more would arrive, since McGinn, Grealish etc. weren't included. But we are left guessing and speculating, in stead of them giving us some information along the way. What can we expect? We only know about the November updates, because we also had them last year and the year before. A lot of us are loyal customers, and to me PES make no competition at all... I just wish they gave us something in return...
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited November 20

I honestly don't understand how the modding senses and CM save work but there should be a way to overcome it. EA should overcome the face updates hoopla in the first place if nothing can be done regarding updates in existing CM. That's why people voice out their dissatisfaction. Moreover, the fact that EA are so slow at releasing the updates makes it even worse for those who have waited since the initial release. And we don't know that if EA ever want to include the faces upon release but what matters most is how are they going to tackle it knowing that people want all the faces in their CM but can't even start playing. It's one week until December. Can you imagine the utter frustation. I'm not going to lie to you. I can't say that about myself since I haven't bought it but I might do the same if I've bought it earlier. I understand that you're not defending EA in any way but when you say something like "I don't understand why you guys" and the fact that you're one of us, it makes it look like we are total strangers if not a$s to you. That was my last words' intention.
  • Puman5
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I have absolutely no modding knowledge so dont shoot me down in flames lol. But as EA can patch in scanned faces if they have already been altered. Cant they just update a load of teams with a new face even if it's a generic face and then when scanned faces become available they can be patched in to replace the old ones. So let's say at random Mason Greenwood. Update him now with a new face and then somewhere down the line when he has a scan it can be patched into old saves. Rather than starting a new one. Like I say it's just a random idea that's either not possible/practical.
  • Steffolovitch
    I apologize for my poor memory, but does anyone know when the squad update will be available on PS4?
  • Kvnji
    56 posts Park Captain
    edited November 20
    Puman5 wrote: »
    I have absolutely no modding knowledge so dont shoot me down in flames lol. But as EA can patch in scanned faces if they have already been altered. Cant they just update a load of teams with a new face even if it's a generic face and then when scanned faces become available they can be patched in to replace the old ones. So let's say at random Mason Greenwood. Update him now with a new face and then somewhere down the line when he has a scan it can be patched into old saves. Rather than starting a new one. Like I say it's just a random idea that's either not possible/practical.

Yeah, it's just the way FIFA is build. They never calculated for regular visual updates. Used to be only a January transfer update. The game is just outdated.. but every year, they just reskin the game with a couple of new functions and ask the full price.

Let's hope next gen brings a complete new FIFA.
  • I apologize for my poor memory, but does anyone know when the squad update will be available on PS4?

Either tomorrow, friday or early next week, basing this on the last couple of updates
  • Ress_EZ_in_the_dark
    edited November 21
    Puman5 wrote: »

That's the thing. If somebody like you, who have absolutely no knowledge about mod, etc. like you said, can come up with something like that, imagine what EA can come up with. It's just a matter of whether they choose to find a way or not. Unfortunately, they chose not to. And we here point fingers amongst ourselves for their rubbishness? I can't accept that. Sorry.
    Post edited by Ress_EZ_in_the_dark on
  • Vincne1
    62 posts Park Captain
    For players on console version, here we go again. Waiting for Microsoft and Sony to drop the patch and then the squad update from EA. Really no idea how long will it take for this time round.
  • Micola789
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Console update will most likely be next Tuesday
  • Moose Factory
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    Could someone on PC check Barella? Would be amazing if he was one of the last 3.
  • Steffolovitch
    Could someone on PC check Barella? Would be amazing if he was one of the last 3.

I'm not on PC, but I can confirm that he is not. Sofifa.com has already changed the "real face" parameter from "no" to "yes" for all the players, who have gone from generic to a starhead in the update. Barella is still a "no".

https://sofifa.com/player/224232/nicolo-barella/200011/

So the missing three are either the managers of the three teams, or updates to players, who already had a real face, either a custom or a scan. And it seems nobody have found them yet.