The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Steph3998
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    If PSG isn't in the next update then they are definitely holding the scans for FIFA 21 and maybe a full Ligue 1 scan.
  • Didn't Douglas Luiz only get a scan on release? And he's got another already, yet some don't get updated for years if at all
  • Azzabazza
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    For those asking, the PSG Facescans (I.e. Mbappe, Neymar, Draxler, Kimpembe, and others) along with Aston Villa (Mings), probably will be updated separately. They already have a facescan, and probably this update will update their scans to the latest ones.
  • LordByron
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    No Paredes no Party.
  • Micola789
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone have any idea who the last faces are then ??
  • Dlima0284
    67 posts Park Captain
    Micola789 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea who the last faces are then ??
    Why is this such a mystery
  • LordByron
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Forgot Euro 2020 for the starheads. EA does not have the rights for the competition. So they will not invest money and resources in something that does not bring back revenues. The WC add on during June 2018 was an investment and in order to engage and attract people; they literally gave us a bait ( some starheads... Florenzi for instance and many more). People spent money on FUT in that period.
  • Maybe EA dosen’t count updates (McBurnie, Douglas Luiz)?
  • Maybe the remaining faces are guys from that Colombian league team that EA had scanned
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    Diangana from West Brom on loan from West Ham, is it a new scan from this fifa? Only just realised he has one, very talented young player 🔥
  • Szoko
    51 posts Park Captain
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Diangana from West Brom on loan from West Ham, is it a new scan from this fifa? Only just realised he has one, very talented young player 🔥

its from FIFA 19 ... Diangana was scanned at West Ham
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    Szoko wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

its from FIFA 19 ... Diangana was scanned at West Ham

Ahh ok
  • OlaL
    23 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2019
    Any more updates/faces coming this november?
    Or is it safe to start a CM now?
  • mickjacobjr
    1212 posts Professional
    OlaL wrote: »

Norwich and villa still missing a lot of faces and no PSG and. At Madrid in this update so could be but don’t know
  • Azzabazza
    299 posts Sunday League Hero

Norwich and villa still missing a lot of faces and no PSG and. At Madrid in this update so could be but don’t know

I'm just gonna start a new CM once the faces are out. Waited long enough.
  • Bonkertons
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm still patiently waiting for de Jong. The guy is solidifying himself as one of the best midfielders in the world and still has a generic FIFA face.

OT, but isn't Ajax exclusive to EA? IMO any team with a deal like that should have a complete scan. Guys like Tagliafico, Martinez, Alvarez, Veltman, even a handful of the high-end prospects should have real faces. I know they just added Van de Beek and some of the kids already have faces like Lang and Gravenberch, but I guess I'm getting greedy.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bonkertons wrote: »
    I'm still patiently waiting for de Jong. The guy is solidifying himself as one of the best midfielders in the world and still has a generic FIFA face.

OT, but isn't Ajax exclusive to EA? IMO any team with a deal like that should have a complete scan. Guys like Tagliafico, Martinez, Alvarez, Veltman, even a handful of the high-end prospects should have real faces. I know they just added Van de Beek and some of the kids already have faces like Lang and Gravenberch, but I guess I'm getting greedy.

de jong had already left ajax (as had de ligt) when they had the scan session with ajax. tagliafico and neres weren't back from international duty that's why they missed out.

and barcelona seems to be off-limits due to the nature of the deal they currently have with pes. i do think it's possible ea will add custom faces for arthur and de jong, given just how big talents they both are.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite

de jong had already left ajax (as had de ligt) when they had the scan session with ajax. tagliafico and neres weren't back from international duty that's why they missed out.

and barcelona seems to be off-limits due to the nature of the deal they currently have with pes. i do think it's possible ea will add custom faces for arthur and de jong, given just how big talents they both are.

So make a custom face for him like they did for Pepe? Not leave him generic.. And youre right about Barca, they cant scan them, but again, there is nothing stopping them making custom faces for them. As great as having promoted PL teams scanned, its no good doing so but leaving players such as De Jong, Bruno Fernandes etc generic...
  • Steffolovitch
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I don't expect any more to arrive before FIFA21. We have had three November updates now, compared to one and two in previous years. So EA are definitely stepping up in these regards, even though we could easily point out a lot of players, who should also have been issued a starhead, at least a custom. But it's still progress, IMO.

So I would go for it. I think we would have had a higher number of faces in this update, if more were to come during the next weeks. I know I will start mine, as soon as PS4 also gets the update...
  • ponnyslakteriet

So make a custom face for him like they did for Pepe? Not leave him generic.. And youre right about Barca, they cant scan them, but again, there is nothing stopping them making custom faces for them. As great as having promoted PL teams scanned, its no good doing so but leaving players such as De Jong, Bruno Fernandes etc generic...

as i said, due to the talent nature of de jong and arthur it's resonable to expect them to get custom faces added during this cycle. bruno fernandes on the other hand i would not expect.

also i'll repeat this again, i really suggest you and multiple others here educate yourself on the process of creating 3D models. because those really high quality customs you see being posted all over twitters and instagram? it takes multiple days worth of work to complete even one of those faces.

so what is it EA should prio? processing data from scanning sessions and transferring this to face models, or should they dedicate their time to building custom face models from scratch?

out of all departments included in the fifa team i'd put a fair bit of money on that the 3d/art one is by far the smallest.
  • tommy_p_5
    490 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019

I don't expect any more to arrive before FIFA21. We have had three November updates now, compared to one and two in previous years. So EA are definitely stepping up in these regards, even though we could easily point out a lot of players, who should also have been issued a starhead, at least a custom. But it's still progress, IMO.

So I would go for it. I think we would have had a higher number of faces in this update, if more were to come during the next weeks. I know I will start mine, as soon as PS4 also gets the update...

There has been progress, but don't be fooled by the fact the updates have come in more parts this year and last; it used to be that they would all all the promoted teams in one go. Just a bit of context; by my counting, here are the number of new/updated player faces added after release in the previous few games:

Fifa 17: 63
    Fifa 18: 104 (including 47 from the WC update)
    Fifa 19: 80
    Fifa 20: 109 (plus a few we haven't found yet in the latest update)

Since Fifa 19, there are also 47 faces that have been removed and not put back in.
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero

The sooner EA decide enough is enough and buy every license the better, just Bury PES because if this **** is allowed to continue they will get more teams exclusive and Fifa will lose its appeal
  • shrubb77
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    shrubb77 wrote: »

The sooner EA decide enough is enough and buy every license the better, just Bury PES because if this **** is allowed to continue they will get more teams exclusive and Fifa will lose its appeal

Does this come across as elitist? Dam right, if it continues we will have two franchises with half the licenses each, therefore two incomplete games and as we are i'm assuming all Fifa fans then I want us to have every license. Imagine that game where every player rated over 70 is scanned annually and updated by launch day.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite

as i said, due to the talent nature of de jong and arthur it's resonable to expect them to get custom faces added during this cycle. bruno fernandes on the other hand i would not expect.

also i'll repeat this again, i really suggest you and multiple others here educate yourself on the process of creating 3D models. because those really high quality customs you see being posted all over twitters and instagram? it takes multiple days worth of work to complete even one of those faces.

so what is it EA should prio? processing data from scanning sessions and transferring this to face models, or should they dedicate their time to building custom face models from scratch?

out of all departments included in the fifa team i'd put a fair bit of money on that the 3d/art one is by far the smallest.

We don't really care how long the process takes when we see faces for Bruno Fernandes, De Jong etc having faces in PES we want / expect them in Fifa too.. Especially when Konami don't even have licenses for half the teams / leagues players they add faces for! I bet you they will soon create a face for the likes of Håland in a future Data Pack.. (They actually listen to which player faces their fanbase wants)

De Jong? Bruno Fernandes? 2 highly requested players, does it really take that long to create 2 Star Heads???? Come on mate....
  • ponnyslakteriet

We don't really care how long the process takes when we see faces for Bruno Fernandes, De Jong etc having faces in PES we want / expect them in Fifa too.. Especially when Konami don't even have licenses for half the teams / leagues players they add faces for! I bet you they will soon create a face for the likes of Håland in a future Data Pack.. (They actually listen to which player faces their fanbase wants)

De Jong? Bruno Fernandes? 2 highly requested players, does it really take that long to create 2 Star Heads???? Come on mate....

it helps to understand the process, unless your goal is to come off as a daftie. de jong is scanned in pes as per their deal with fc barcelona. not to mention pes buys face data from outside contractors, that's why they are able to have face updates running through the year where as ea seem to prefer to keep their modeling inhouse.

as i said, de jong will likely be added by ea during this cycle, considering the deal with barcelona isn't likely to change anytime soon. however bruno fernandes is not likely at all, he's due a move out of portugal in the next couple of windows so spending a week (yeah that's how long on average it takes to make a high quality custom face) to make a face for a player that only sees use in peoples career modes makes no sense what so ever from a company perspective. i would expect arthur melo to be added along with de jong though.

also, let's keep it real here for a second, ALOT of the custom faces PES add aren't great at all.
  • MrBromwich
    45 posts Park Captain
    I think they will release de jong for Fifa 21 so they can promote it that way. Like Felix this year.
  • Allsports92
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you guys think if we will get another update ???
  • styles_fc
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Strange update...
  • ponnyslakteriet
    Do you guys think if we will get another update ???

i think it's somewhat likely yes. based on that they already added a couple of the atleti players from that session they did during the summer. would make very little sense not to have the others in aswell.
  • mickjacobjr
    1212 posts Professional
    styles_fc wrote: »
    Strange update...
    Very strange Villa and Norwich short 6/7 scans and the Villa players missing have been seen in scanning video also Atlético Madrid and PSG faces not in maybe there will be another in 2 weeks but hard to tell