FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Altair14
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    The most annoying thing, except the fact their scanning technique is time consuming and they cant or dont want to go all over Europe every year, is the mising players to the scanning sessions.
    I am so pissed Tolisso seems to have missed the Bayern scan last year because of his injury. Just like Neres and Tagliafico go missing so far. Its not EAs fault but I cant stand it.

Issue number 2 is EA holding scans. You have proof some players have been scanned but they never appear in game.

Issue number 3 is EA rarely updating players who already has a face (Hi Sturridge and friends).

Issue number 4 is licensing. The Barcelona case is getting ridiculous now. Im sorry but Messi with that look is unusable. Would they even got the rights to update De Jong with an Ajax scan as game is out already and he's at Barcelona since then ?

perfectly agree with you.

They have to change system, it takes more effort first of all and then a faster and more practical way to scan without moving from vancouver.

moreover, more artists are needed, working on custom faces so as to eliminate all generics slowly
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sadly I found out that Ajax was scanned the 23th of July. Which means that Tagliafico (25th back) and Neres (30th back) will not have their face in FIFA... Players like Martinez, Alvarez and Veltman should have their face in the coming update
  • Howler19
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Did anybody check Robin Olsen? Since Patrik Schick has a face Olsen very well could have one too.
  • Altair14
    edited October 2019
    Sadly I found out that Ajax was scanned the 23th of July. Which means that Tagliafico (25th back) and Neres (30th back) will not have their face in FIFA... Players like Martinez, Alvarez and Veltman should have their face in the coming update

these are the things I find ridiculous!

but you EA do you know you have to scan Ajax? but asking the company when the whole team is available is so difficult?
    for 1 week they could also wait no? they already knew that the faces would not have arrived at Day One.

now we find ourselves neres generic and will not scan it anymore, usual bad luck but also usual superficiality of EA.

Every year same story.
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's frustrating... Two of the best players of Ajax without a face
  • It's frustrating... Two of the best players of Ajax without a face

Yeah but that’s not really EAs fault. Maybe a custom in the future?
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    edited October 2019
    DonnySTP wrote: »
    It's frustrating... Two of the best players of Ajax without a face

Yeah but that’s not really EAs fault. Maybe a custom in the future?

Unlikely, unless EA actually changed policy. This batch of faces isnt necessarily a proof they did.

And please guys stop thanking EA for "listening to us". They are not. They are just speeding up because of the terrible FIFA 20 start.

Even EA_Andy has stopped reading this thread long time ago lol.
  • FifaVN
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Neres and Tagliafico in this ratting prediction, they have to had a scan altrady
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    FifaVN wrote: »

Neres and Tagliafico in this ratting prediction, they have to had a scan altrady

Why dont EA retweet those things ? Never seen this before and Im pretty sure many clubs did that too.

Thats the only thing EA is good at with partner clubs... making (useless) videos with random players.
  • bulldogubld
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone reads my posts??? For many PC users, the update is BROKEN....only 8-10 updated starheads. Perotti, Lautaro Martinez, Skriniar, Hagi, Joao Felix and MANY OTHERS still GENERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have only 3 starheads from Ajax: Blind, Ziyech and Tadic. Were are the other 9??????? I mean seriously, this game is getting WORST and WORST!!!!!!!! FIX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    @EA_Andy
  • Southendbigshow
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    wait for the squad update ya ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Does anybody reads my posts??? For many PC users, the update is BROKEN....only 8-10 updated starheads. Perotti, Lautaro Martinez, Skriniar, Hagi, Joao Felix and MANY OTHERS still GENERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have only 3 starheads from Ajax: Blind, Ziyech and Tadic. Were are the other 9??????? I mean seriously, this game is getting WORST and WORST!!!!!!!! FIX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    @EA_Andy

wait for the next squad update ya ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Does anybody reads my posts??? For many PC users, the update is BROKEN....only 8-10 updated starheads. Perotti, Lautaro Martinez, Skriniar, Hagi, Joao Felix and MANY OTHERS still GENERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have only 3 starheads from Ajax: Blind, Ziyech and Tadic. Were are the other 9??????? I mean seriously, this game is getting WORST and WORST!!!!!!!! FIX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    @EA_Andy

Only when the squad updates comes out, will the players that didn´t have a face get theirs
  • Altair14
    Does anyone reads my posts??? For many PC users, the update is BROKEN....only 8-10 updated starheads. Perotti, Lautaro Martinez, Skriniar, Hagi, Joao Felix and MANY OTHERS still GENERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have only 3 starheads from Ajax: Blind, Ziyech and Tadic. Were are the other 9??????? I mean seriously, this game is getting WORST and WORST!!!!!!!! FIX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    @EA_Andy

genius you have to wait for the squad update, there was also written in the pitch notes. too difficult to read.
  • kosmagrawgry
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy - Please add Arsenal Faces to the game this year

Pepe
    Tierney

Willock
    Smith-Rowe
    Nelson
    Macey

• ChrisW1991
    1215 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy

Learn to read ffs 😂
  • ChrisW1991
    1215 posts Professional
    Never forget that this company holds scans back.

They are panic reacting at the moment because of how Konami hit them with the Bayern, ManU, Barcelona and Juve licences + terrible Fifa 20 launch.

Its so hilarious/ridiculous that they have already updated Hazard and Pavard twice in a month. They clearly have no clue what theyre doing.

Im curious to see whats gonna happen with the possible Lyon and PSG scans. How many of them ? When ? Lot of fun awaiting.

Am I the only one who have doubts about Ndombele scan ? Ive seen one screenshot where he kinda looked custom to me.

Ndombele is a scan..
  • OptimusFawkes
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I might’ve missed it through all the chaos, but a few of you really think Mason Greenwood, Nicolas Pépé, Reiss Nelson, Eder Militao, and a couple others will get a starhead soon - one of the comments even said something about EA holding them back?

Is this for sure or wishful thinking? I’ve seen those names pop up a lot - so maybe there was something i missed?
  • WilliamCeder
    91 posts Park Captain
    I might’ve missed it through all the chaos, but a few of you really think Mason Greenwood, Nicolas Pépé, Reiss Nelson, Eder Militao, and a couple others will get a starhead soon - one of the comments even said something about EA holding them back?

Is this for sure or wishful thinking? I’ve seen those names pop up a lot - so maybe there was something i missed?

Many want pepe but there is no logic he should have got a scan already
  • CR1986
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    Can anyone explain to me why they scan new premier league players who join the league but at the same time they don’t make the most out of it by scanning the other outdated players of the squad. For example, they went to Chelsea and scanned Jorginho and updated a few players but why didn’t they scan Willian, Christensen, Giroud, who desperately needs a new scan, why didn’t they update Kovacic who looks totally different now with short hair, the same at Arsenal, they went there and scanned Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira and updated a few players who left now, like Iwobi, Welbeck etc. but why didn’t they update Lacazette or even Özil who still has the same face that they gave him in 2013, they didn’t update Xhaka, Sokratis, Luiz when he was at Chelsea, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Smith Rowe, they went to Madrid and updated Marcelo, Courtois etc. and didn’t make the most out of it by updating a totally outdated Benzema, or even Ramos who has long hair again. Rose, Kane, Son and Moura at Spurs, Mane, Firminho, and Van Dijk at Liverpool, Fernandinho at City and many more.

I just don’t get why they visit those clubs every year to scan new players and don’t make the most out of it by not scanning the other outdated players
  • Nickbon
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you think the faces will come to console tomorrow along the new squad update?
    I mean don't wanna be hopeful but October 30th was the date we were talking about initially so..
  • BlackMortem868
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    KentEagle wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    We need a Youri Tielemans scan too instead of his bad custom @EA_Andy

Surely he's been scanned since joining Leicester last season

Still soooo many PL faces that need updates (Im not even talking about new signings).
    Sure its a good addition but with that pace it will never be enough.

I honestly think they PL updates will be in November with the 3 new promoted teams.

I think there is more to come

Maybe. Im not bothering to build a full list but Im thinking of players like Vardy, Tielemans, Schmeichel, Lacazette, David Luiz, Willian, Giroud, Rashford, Pogba, Kane, Lucas, Son, Firmino, Mané, van Dijk, TAA and many more. Those are not summer signings. You cant forgive EA for that. Its a disgrace.

So yes those new faces is good news. But it will never be enough... Im still not coming back to FIFA this year.
    A FULL Lyon and PSG scans could make me change my mind. Im talking FULL squad, not just half the stars like Ajax. And the PL names I have listed would still be missing anyway.

Well they actually did scan the entirety of PSG about 25 in total including youngsters Aouchiche, Mbe Soh and Zagre but I doubt EA is gonna give us more than 12.
  • ChrisW1991
    1215 posts Professional
    CR1986 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why they scan new premier league players who join the league but at the same time they don’t make the most out of it by scanning the other outdated players of the squad. For example, they went to Chelsea and scanned Jorginho and updated a few players but why didn’t they scan Willian, Christensen, Giroud, who desperately needs a new scan, why didn’t they update Kovacic who looks totally different now with short hair, the same at Arsenal, they went there and scanned Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira and updated a few players who left now, like Iwobi, Welbeck etc. but why didn’t they update Lacazette or even Özil who still has the same face that they gave him in 2013, they didn’t update Xhaka, Sokratis, Luiz when he was at Chelsea, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Smith Rowe, they went to Madrid and updated Marcelo, Courtois etc. and didn’t make the most out of it by updating a totally outdated Benzema, or even Ramos who has long hair again. Rose, Kane, Son and Moura at Spurs, Mane, Firminho, and Van Dijk at Liverpool, Fernandinho at City and many more.

I just don’t get why they visit those clubs every year to scan new players and don’t make the most out of it by not scanning the other outdated players

They probably have scanned all of them you've mentioned mate but for some reason they hold them back
  • Howler19
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    The thing right now is that no way of counting gets us to 37 new faces. If you count every updated face (even without the legacy faces) we have more than 37. So does that mean EA didn't count the updated ones? Without them we are somewhere around 30 so still a few missing if that's the case.
  • CR1986
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    CR1986 wrote: »

They probably have scanned all of them you've mentioned mate but for some reason they hold them back

We just don’t know mate because EA’s marketing strategy when it comes to communication with customers is a disgrace but the chances are higher that they didn’t scan them

• Renatos
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    The reason they dont update all the players is because according to them it takes time to implement in to the game, and when it comes to time consuming is better to consume the time turning generic players into starhead rather than updating the existing starheads. ( this is my opinion only if the matter is time)

If they are not updating the players like ozil,mane,Luiz,firmino etc because they think they are looking good I mean it is stupid as ozil has his face since he was at real Madrid
  • OptimusFawkes
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    Does any one know if Aouar/Ndombele and Lautaro/Skriniar are scans or customs?

They look so good so it doesn’t matter but I’m just trying to figure out why those two sets of players have starheads. If scans then they must’ve scanned others at Lyon/Inter, if customs then that’s that.

The rest we can figure out - they’re all from either Ajax, Madrid, or Roma plus updated Pavard, Cabaye (Piatek and Hagi as cover stars?)
  • Marco1993
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's very stange that EA scan some inter players because inter is pes partner.
    For me Skriniar and Martinez are very good custom.
    I think that after this update, i will start a as roma career mode
  • Nickbon
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought De Vrij was a scan too from picture, then I used him in game and noticed it just might be a really good custom, I think as the other Inter players. You just can point out the difference in the textures in this years scan compared to the customs
  • Howler19
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    Does any one know if Aouar/Ndombele and Lautaro/Skriniar are scans or customs?

They look so good so it doesn’t matter but I’m just trying to figure out why those two sets of players have starheads. If scans then they must’ve scanned others at Lyon/Inter, if customs then that’s that.

The rest we can figure out - they’re all from either Ajax, Madrid, or Roma plus updated Pavard, Cabaye (Piatek and Hagi as cover stars?)

Yep, these are the issues. I think Piatek and the Inter players are probably great customs. Hagi is from the Romanian scan.