FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Was just wondering... was this issue this troubling and discussed before Fifa 19 came out??
  • Tom0307
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sorry to do FIFA vs PES again but I've got PES 2020 and I must say, FIFA player scans are much better than PES face scans. I don't mean PES has better starheads than FIFA, I mean individually the best FIFA scan vs the best PES scan I'd say FIFA's look more natural in gameplay than PES can, PES being limited by the facial animations in game. It must be said that PES listen to the fans more in terms of which ones to add in future updates though.

Unless they're a partner club, Staramba make the faces for them which look great in the Data Pack photos they tweet out but on pitch the facial animations are nowhere near what FIFA are able to do. If PES had more partners, they could do what they've done for United and Bayern this year but given how much of the market EA have tied up they're very limited in which players they can give the A+ treatment to. Because EA take so many photos of players in different expressions they're able to make most faces look good however they happen to react on the pitch.

PES has a similar amount of generics team to team as FIFA does to be honest, and the faces from older PES games age horribly compared to FIFA customs. Because EA take photos of the players in different expressions they're able to make most faces look good however they happen to react on the pitch. It's funny because in the PES community they complain about how many players are generic. So many young players don't have scans at all, and plenty of squad players are generic in a lot of team. I was looking at FIFAALLSTARS kit videos from FIFA 20 that dropped today and the faces that are scanned look basically real in the game engine.

They could do better with adding key players, but the faces they do scan are unquestionably the best in the football genre and it seems worth pointing that out. I understand why EA are reluctant to use custom face makers because it could water down the overall quality of faces in game, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't work with custom face makers and only add the top quality ones.
  • mickjacobjr
    1202 posts Professional
    D. Nice wrote: »
    Still enough time to update firmino, mane, and alisson and include akanji and weigl. I mean seriously, akanji is a starter and has so many good stats in game its ridiculous to leave him out.

And ea talking about "not holding back scans", just remember denayer was scanned at sunderland years ago and payet at west ham. You could clearly see them in the videos. But still not in the game... @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

I also find it funny how aston villa showed no player faces when promoting their third kid in fifa on instagram.

Villa faces ain’t uploaded to game yet won’t be in till November they wanted to show our new 3rd kit was in the game that’s all they ain’t going to show pics of generic faces with the kit
  • D. Nice
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 19
    D. Nice wrote: »
    Still enough time to update firmino, mane, and alisson and include akanji and weigl. I mean seriously, akanji is a starter and has so many good stats in game its ridiculous to leave him out.

And ea talking about "not holding back scans", just remember denayer was scanned at sunderland years ago and payet at west ham. You could clearly see them in the videos. But still not in the game... @EA_Andy @EA_Cian

I also find it funny how aston villa showed no player faces when promoting their third kid in fifa on instagram.

Villa faces ain’t uploaded to game yet won’t be in till November they wanted to show our new 3rd kit was in the game that’s all they ain’t going to show pics of generic faces with the kit

Already know that. It is still obvious that they intentionally avoid showing player faces because they are generic. They already complained about player likenesses on social media once. Also, spurs showed off their third kid as well and they actually used player faces. Never mind tho.
  • Must be generic. No way that’s a scan.

• Soundlessxd
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Must be generic. No way that’s a scan.

Yeah, and i was pretty sure he was scanned :( generic 100000%
  • Howler19
    611 posts An Exciting Prospect

Lol. It's a scan.
  • Futbol22 wrote: »

Those people who knew he was generic are legends.
  • Soundlessxd
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 19
    Howler19 wrote: »

Lol. It's a scan.
    I know mate, it was a joke

• Howler19 wrote: »

Lol. It's a scan.

Had me fooled. I’ve seen that generic hair before.
  • Howler19
    Sorry guys. Didn't realize you were both joking. Here is a better look at Joelinton:

And is that a Raul Jimenez update I see there at the end?
  • ShaunWHu
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sorry guys. Didn't realize you were both joking. Here is a better look at Joelinton:

Looks the same to me
  • Howler19
    edited September 20
    ShaunWHu wrote: »

Looks the same to me

Maybe so, but it just looks a completely different face compared to this one:
    Raul Jimenez - Wolverhampton (Head+Hair Update Needed)

8a381f9b8040a413e8d2ee88a8f8c6f8-full.png

but maybe that's just a matter of different looks?

Edit: It's definitely not updated in game, I guess it just looks weirdly a lot better in that kit choice section than it does in game. Dreadful face and one of the current faces in the game most in need of updating.
    Post edited by Howler19 on
  • ManzGOTIT
    2315 posts Fans' Favourite
    David Silva May be one of my favourite updates this year
  • Renatos
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got 1 day Ban because of that Joelinton drama, some people dont know difference between generic and scan and after they show off like a mushroom in this forum like they are a professionals, but hey this is over now 🤣
  • Renatos
    HTAFC wrote: »
    No way in hell that Pavard is a scan. Looks like a generic with custom hair

Agree with that he looks terrible I mean for a scan, and if it is generic I think it is not that bad for a generic face, I cant see any details on his face that's what i think he is generic too
  • efcrmcf
    50 posts Park Captain
    Another 4 faces lost:

KILMARNOCK BRUCE, ALEX
    UNIVERSIDAD CRAIOVA GARDOS, FLORIN
    VANCOUVER WHITECAPS RICKETTS, TOSAINT
    HUDDERSFIELD CAMPBELL, FRAIZER
  • Jeyj38
    1305 posts Professional
    Renatos wrote: »
    HTAFC wrote: »
    No way in hell that Pavard is a scan. Looks like a generic with custom hair

Agree with that he looks terrible I mean for a scan, and if it is generic I think it is not that bad for a generic face, I cant see any details on his face that's what i think he is generic too

Scan IMO but really generic looking yes.
    So old by the way with those long curly hair.

Ive chosen the right game this year :)
  • Look at lautaro martinez looks so good, He is Defo usable
  • The more and more I look at him the more I think it’s a generic or on the very outside a custom. Hair and beard style are definitely generic...

• LuisGarcia
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    The more and more I look at him the more I think it’s a generic or on the very outside a custom. Hair and beard style are definitely generic...

Drugs are bad for you
  • HTAFC
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Look at lautaro martinez looks so good, He is Defo usable

Picture?
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    The more and more I look at him the more I think it’s a generic or on the very outside a custom. Hair and beard style are definitely generic...

Are you blind? How tf can you not see that's a scan..
  • Renatos

Go home you are drunk
  • ShaunWHu
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Are you blind? How tf can you not see that's a scan..

Hahhahahahahaahhhahahah

• So no Ajax face scans huh
  • Futbol22
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 19

Hahah too funny! If you check my past comments I was saying Joelinton was scanned from the first leak.

Amazing all the people who were so certain he was generic are nowhere to be found😐
  • Renatos

Hahah too funny! If you check my past comments I was saying Joelinton was scanned from the first leak.

Amazing all the people who were so certain he was generic are nowhere to be found😐

🤣🤣🤣
  • Renatos
    TeamExtream Greenwood just scored, 17 years old, generic for this fifa shame