R.I.P Career mode

p0larh4wk
79 posts Park Captain
You were good for a while but the last few years have been rough on you. I guess all good things have to come to an end. I will think fondly of the good times we had in the early years and try to forget the last 5-6 years of your life. Sadly your creators stopped caring and put all their love into someone else. You will be missed.

Comments

• I wish they cared more for the career mode because it's clear when you come to the forum that it's a a reoccurring issue. Unfortunately offline play has been left in the wind so we are all left with the terrible transfer bugs
  • Yeah it would be nice if they cared about Career Mode as much as they do FUT... especially when it alone (Career Mode) is responsible for making them rich in the first place...
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    Yeah it would be nice if they cared about Career Mode as much as they do FUT... especially when it alone (Career Mode) is responsible for making them rich in the first place...

yeah, and they still could be making lots of money on career mode. If they cared. I mean, a lot of players would pay a little to add more leagues to their career mode. I'd pay a little to add some of the Scandinavian or eastern european leagues. Or lower/regional leagues in S-america. Or some of the lower divisions in Italy or France. EA could easily make awesome addons/DLC for career mode and sell it, just like they sell the player packs for FUT. They just can't be bothered.
  • Mattwp_74
    22 posts Ball Boy
    The fact of the matter is that EA would rather spend time making something as ridiculously bad as the “The Journey” than spending time fixing the massive bugs and problems in Career mode. I’ve said before if PES had all the licences not a single soul would buy FIFA to do career mode.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mattwp_74 wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is that EA would rather spend time making something as ridiculously bad as the “The Journey” than spending time fixing the massive bugs and problems in Career mode. I’ve said before if PES had all the licences not a single soul would buy FIFA to do career mode.

The Journey was refreshing, something different and a game mode first, i liked it.. But what is NOT acceptable is not using a lot of the elements from that mode in Career Mode, especially as most could simply be ported. The Journey has finished now so this is a BIG year for Career Mode, all the effort that went in to The Journey can now go in to Fifa 20's Player AND Manager Career Modes..
  • glynnerm
    45 posts Park Captain
    p0larh4wk wrote: »
    Yeah it would be nice if they cared about Career Mode as much as they do FUT... especially when it alone (Career Mode) is responsible for making them rich in the first place...

yeah, and they still could be making lots of money on career mode. If they cared. I mean, a lot of players would pay a little to add more leagues to their career mode. I'd pay a little to add some of the Scandinavian or eastern european leagues. Or lower/regional leagues in S-america. Or some of the lower divisions in Italy or France. EA could easily make awesome addons/DLC for career mode and sell it, just like they sell the player packs for FUT. They just can't be bothered.

if they reverted to career mode in fifa 12 or 13, and took on board comments from this forum on how to make career mode realistic, regarding sponsors, ticket prices, add stadium development and realistic transfers.

Id definitely pay an extra twenty euro on to this years price if they added an additional 10 0r 12 leagues.
    Namely, Greek, Ukrainian, romanian, bulgaria, czech, croatian, serbian, israeli, brng back the russian league and add a few teams like who are champions in the small leagues into the rest of the world section like VIDI in hungary, bate in belaraus who make european competitions each year. Maybe a couple of south american leagues like uruguay and ecudorian leagues and maybe the iranian league in asia. or a african league like eygpt/morocco.
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    glynnerm wrote: »
    p0larh4wk wrote: »

if they reverted to career mode in fifa 12 or 13, and took on board comments from this forum on how to make career mode realistic, regarding sponsors, ticket prices, add stadium development and realistic transfers.

Id definitely pay an extra twenty euro on to this years price if they added an additional 10 0r 12 leagues.
    Namely, Greek, Ukrainian, romanian, bulgaria, czech, croatian, serbian, israeli, brng back the russian league and add a few teams like who are champions in the small leagues into the rest of the world section like VIDI in hungary, bate in belaraus who make european competitions each year. Maybe a couple of south american leagues like uruguay and ecudorian leagues and maybe the iranian league in asia. or a african league like eygpt/morocco.

Oh i agree. Id pay extra 20 euros with a smile if it got me a working more dynamic career mode. Im just not that hopeful ea will invest heavily on this with a new generation of consoles around the corner. Maybe the 1st game after the new console....
  • tomw777
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I would probably be willing to pay more if they had more international teams (at least the uefa nations league would be cool). Also would be cool if you could have a much full WC qualification during career mode with more international teams. I would like also to see a re-introduction of Fifa Club World Cup (they even had back on Fifa 08). I would also like to see more variety in the leagues e.g. more asian, african & south american and may be a few oceania teams (like Auckland City) so you can have a credible Club World Cup.
  • MJD85
    82 posts Park Captain
    Are you kidding me? Pay more?

CM is dead.
    Look at the 42k discussions in the FUT section of the forum.

700 in the CM section.
    That’s 1,6% vs 98,4%
  • Mattwp_74
    22 posts Ball Boy
    Yeah 41,990 of them are people moaning about the servers or how they are being ripped off by EA because the packs they spent real money on aren’t amazing !!
  • Yblegal21
    7 posts Ball Boy
    I HATE THAT MY PLAYERS GET SLOWED DOWN, THAT FIRST HALF PASSES ARE GRATE AND SECOND HALF THEY CAN MAKE A PASS TO SAVE THEIR LIFE I DONT KNOW IF ITS JUST ME OR IT HAPPENS TO OTHER PEOPLE I HATE THAT THAT THE STORIES FROM THE NEWS ABOUT PLAYERS ARE INCORRECT IN THE CAREER I HATE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE PLAYERS THAT YOU LIKE GROW AND SINCE THEY ARE NOT SOME OF THE BEST THEY WILL NOT GROW EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN THE TOP ASSIST AND SCORERS PLEASE FIX CAREER MODE THATS WHY I BUY THE GAME. ALSO MAKE CAREER MODE FOR PLAYER FOR MORE THEN ONE PLAYER I WOULD LIKE TO USE BOTH MY KIDS AS PLAYERS.