4231(2)

Since it is obviously a shame to go unbeaten from div 10 to winning div 1 if you use the wrong formation,and that I suck etc for using it :D

I thought I would make some guys eat their words.
So how is the 4231(2) formation?
By that I mean the widemen basically, do they get involved enough and are they making the runs even when on balanced for example?

Comments

• I find it suits my style really well. I'd recommend it if you prefer a possession based game with a slow build up. If you counter attack quickly then the wide men won't be involved at all.

I started using TOTS Messi at RM and he plays brilliantly. Great for starting attacks from deep and he still scores and assists plenty. I think the extra space out wide benefits him.

I keep the ball between my midfielders and my striker and trigger runs from my wingers. They still make runs into space but most of the time you will either have to force it or recycle possession and try going down the opposite side or through the middle.

This guide http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/1335/eddies-4-2-3-1-2-guide/p1 is a great source of information and includes the custom tactics and player instructions that I use.

• Thanks mate, not quite sure to go with 4231-2 or some 433 variation
  • jsfowles
    598 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like it although it can be a struggle to get those wide players involved from time to time.
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks mate, not quite sure to go with 4231-2 or some 433 variation

Used 4231(2) since the start of the game stopped using it now. When you match against certain formations it's not attacking enough. I use 433(4) now it's the future
  • Thanks mate, not quite sure to go with 4231-2 or some 433 variation

Used 4231(2) since the start of the game stopped using it now. When you match against certain formations it's not attacking enough. I use 433(4) now it's the future
    Which formations are you thinking of mate?
    jsfowles wrote: »
    I like it although it can be a struggle to get those wide players involved from time to time.

Hmm even with great workrates?