The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 20 Stadiums Thread

Comments

• Futbol22
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 19
    Does anyone have any ideas what we can expect for stadiums on next-gen? Pitch variation needs to be improved instead of playing on the same surface every game.

My hope is EA removes all the existing generic stadiums and gives us a bunch of brand new realistic stadiums that can be used to compliment the lack of Allianz Arena, Nou Camp stadiums.

The existing generic stadiums are absolute garbage.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2672 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futbol22 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any ideas what we can expect for stadiums on next-gen? Pitch variation needs to be improved instead of playing on the same surface every game.

My hope is EA removes all the existing generic stadiums and gives us a bunch of brand new realistic stadiums that can be used to compliment the lack of Allianz Arena, Nou Camp stadiums.

The existing generic stadiums are absolute garbage.

I absolutely agree! They went from PS3 to PS4 still using PS2/PS3 elements, they absolutely CAN NOT do this over to PS5!!
  • Pwalie86
    1382 posts Professional
    Luckily we won't have a new engine for Fifa 21 on NG consoles...so it means there should be a blistering difference to Fifa on PS4 compared to PS5. Usually it takes the dev team longer to get to grips with a new engine. So the second year always looks much better visually.

Fifa 07 to Fifa 08 and Fifa 14 to Fifa 15. Quite big changes, but I feel we'll get a huge difference straight away this year.

Stadiums will definitely look better, but they should do stadiums how Konami do them. With much more powerful tech now, including ray tracing will make them close to photorealism. I believe player animations are going to look amazing and overall, the game will just look gorgeous. PS4 and XB1 were always so underpowered even from the start, but these new consoles will show us what next gen really is.

BUT..if they're porting over things again, then it'll be a missed opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing the first trailer.
  • PiotrLolo
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have one wish - get rid of stadium filters FFS! The are many beautifull stadiums in FIFA but playing on them is like watching a game on old CRT TV!
  • Every year I edit all the stadiums so that all the teams have the real stadium name and the stadium is the closest to the actual stadium, does any one no a way of saving these so that it can transfer over to next years game.

Also I leave the international teams till last and I usually am not able to change all of them so some added memory would be handy.
  • Pwalie86
    1382 posts Professional
    edited January 24
    No excuses for EA to make detailed stadiums. This is from a game coming out on next-gen Xbox and I believe it's in-engine footage. Ray-tracing really brings games to life. EA really need to get the best out of Frostbite for next-gen.

https://imgur.com/s5ShELv

• TeamExtreme17
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    No excuses for EA to make detailed stadiums. This is from a game coming out on next-gen Xbox and I believe it's in-engine footage. Ray-tracing really brings games to life. EA really need to get the best out of Frostbite for next-gen.

Thats a GAME!!??
  • Pwalie86
    1382 posts Professional

Thats a GAME!!??

Yea lol. It's called Project Mara. Just announced a few days ago. Trailer is on YouTube.

Not a big open-world game, but just shows what these new consoles can do now. There's a massive leap in tech this time around. PS4/XB1 were weak even in 2013.

• Anyone know if we get any more tunnel prematch openings outside of the one used for Atletico's stadium? Don't understand why more of these scenics aren't included in the game
  • TeamExtreme17
    Anyone know if we get any more tunnel prematch openings outside of the one used for Atletico's stadium? Don't understand why more of these scenics aren't included in the game

EA incompetence as per..
  • Pwalie86
    1382 posts Professional
    They really should try to make generic stadiums from scratch for next gen. At least make 100 and add variety.

Bring in tunnel entrances also. They can do way more content with these new consoles.
  • Futbol22
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    They really should try to make generic stadiums from scratch for next gen. At least make 100 and add variety.

Bring in tunnel entrances also. They can do way more content with these new consoles.

100% agree. The existing generic stadiums are awful and should be removed for Fifa 21.

Too long have EA left them in the game and with the loss of the Allianz and Camp Nou it’s even more necessary for EA to make new generic stadiums.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Stadiums have always felt small in Fifa to me, in PES you get the sense Old Trafford is huge! This needs addressing too..
  • Tom0307
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Desperately hoping for the Dragao next year given the partnership with EA now.

What stadiums are we guaranteed from promoted Spanish and German teams from this year who don't have one in FIFA 20?
  • Stugg93
    63 posts Park Captain
    Granada, Osasuna, Mallorca, Union Berlin and maybe Frieburg for FIFA 20. I think Benfica and Porto also would be reasonable assumptions, as well as PSV Eindhoven, Zenit St Petersburg and Ligue 1 treatment. In England, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Brentford, Bristol City and Preston North End all have strong chances of promotion. Blackburn Rovers, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County have outsider chances. FIFA 21 good chance in Spain of getting 3 of Cadiz, Almeria, Real Zaragoza, Elche, Fuenlabrada, Numancia, Ponferradina and Mirandes. In Germany Arminia Bielefeld look a decent bet, but might be only addition. If any other would be Heidenheim and Greuther Furth.
  • Tom0307
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Granada, Osasuna, Mallorca, Union Berlin and maybe Frieburg for FIFA 20. I think Benfica and Porto also would be reasonable assumptions, as well as PSV Eindhoven, Zenit St Petersburg and Ligue 1 treatment. In England, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Brentford, Bristol City and Preston North End all have strong chances of promotion. Blackburn Rovers, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County have outsider chances. FIFA 21 good chance in Spain of getting 3 of Cadiz, Almeria, Real Zaragoza, Elche, Fuenlabrada, Numancia, Ponferradina and Mirandes. In Germany Arminia Bielefeld look a decent bet, but might be only addition. If any other would be Heidenheim and Greuther Furth.

I doubt Zenit will be because they've got an exclusive license with Konami and their stadium is being added to PES 2020 in the next data pack
  • Tom0307
    Just noticed the Sociedad stadium hasn't been updated from having the running track to the massive stadium it is now... Been like that a couple of years now
  • You mean Anoeta? It was only added last FIFA
  • Pwalie86
    1382 posts Professional
    Stadiums do look bigger in PES. Also have better attention to detail.

For console users it would be beneficial if they allowed more customisation to broadcast cameras, so a higher camera would capture more stadium like in certain replays.

I don't understand why EPL promoted teams get stadiums instantly and teams in Bundesliga and La Liga have to wait for the next Fifa.
  • IDK why they added new generic stadiums for the World Cup 2014 videogame, only to not add them to the following games.
    Most (if not all) of them were based on real life stadiums and should've been kept to add more variety.
  • TeamExtreme17
    TGreatOne wrote: »
    IDK why they added new generic stadiums for the World Cup 2014 videogame, only to not add them to the following games.
    Most (if not all) of them were based on real life stadiums and should've been kept to add more variety.

@EA_Roger
  • henryclay1844
    948 posts Professional
    edited 5:03PM
    EA has thrown out a ton of stadiums and failed to keep licenses for years. I mean even the XBOX 360 era has the same generic stadiums for the most part so why couldn't they work to keep those from the 2010 WC game, the 12 EUFA add on (it is where Shakthar's abandoned stadium came from but we lost the Polish Stadiums and the Kiev stadium that could be used)? And of course EA hilariously lost the license of Brazil and Russia immediately after they made the stadiums for 14 and 18. If we get the Maracana I'm sure it is the same as from the WC 14 DLC on current gen.