Damn Ronaldo

Amdp9
2918 posts National Call-Up
He is on his mood today to get it done !

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    I wanted penalties. :/
  • Amdp9
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    I wanted penalties. :/

Lol
  • Amdp9
    I guess he will get MOTM and gave EA to make more money this weekend lol
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Glad i've got the OTW now, gime dat upgrade :smiley:
  • Only1United
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    No other player like him. Messi doesn't even come close. Amazing!
  • Amdp9

He is an animal in the world of 🥅 ⚽️ absolute beast !
  • Amdp9
    Well Athletic Madrid UCL cArds in Half off today ! :(
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class

😂
  • Amdp9
    >:)
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

😂

• Dazs23
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Are you expecting him to be in the totw based on tonight?
  • Amdp9
    Dazs23 wrote: »

@Dazs23 no he won't get TOTW due to UCL doesn't qualify for that but he will get MOTM though will will give him IF
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    Dazs23 wrote: »

As the guy above said, OTW goes up based on Inform, MOTM, Hero or Team of the Tournament and when the last lot of motms go out of packs a new lot should be added and Ronaldo is 100% in that
  • No other player like him. Messi doesn't even come close. Amazing!

lol
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional
    Calm down, he just abuses headers. He's a good goal scorer, but goes missing a lot of the time

He's not skillful like Messi, Ronaldinho etc.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    Calm down, he just abuses headers. He's a good goal scorer, but goes missing a lot of the time

The thread is about Ronaldo, comments like this are only trying to bait a bite from someone to start an arguement.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something

The thread is about Ronaldo, comments like this are only trying to bait a bite from someone to start an arguement.

He can break every record in the Champions League, people will still be saying he's "nowhere near Messi's level". No point trying to argue with someone when their mind is already made up.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Love him or hate him, he is probably the GOAT.

Messi is, in my opinion, unquestionably the better footballer. His technique, vision and finesse is perhaps the best we've ever seen. But in 100 years' time, people will only have records to look back on - football is all about who scored the most important goals, and who won the most important games. Who did it all, when it mattered most? And that is Ronaldo. His ability to consistently perform in big games is incredible, his mentality and professionalism are something to behold. There's probably nobody better in history than this man
  • Mini_Miudo
    Stevie_G wrote: »

Messi is, in my opinion, unquestionably the better footballer. His technique, vision and finesse is perhaps the best we've ever seen. But in 100 years' time, people will only have records to look back on - football is all about who scored the most important goals, and who won the most important games. Who did it all, when it mattered most? And that is Ronaldo. His ability to consistently perform in big games is incredible, his mentality and professionalism are something to behold. There's probably nobody better in history than this man

If nothing else, you can see in the current days he’s better than Messi in CL. Not saying he’s a better footballer overall, but he’s Mr. Champions League. No one else comes close.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 13

It's impossible to label anyone the goat there has been fantastic players that played before we were even born , he has however been fantastic in the champions League plus the whole Messi Vs Ronaldo debate is ridiculous imo I can understand kids having these childish digs but grown men is embarrassing
  • Devers
    7398 posts League Winner
    Cant we all just appreciate the two most talented footballers of our generation.

There will never be anything like them again for a long time.

• Chavez76
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    Devers wrote: »
    Cant we all just appreciate the two most talented footballers of our generation.

this.... They're 2 totally different players, both with unique skillsets.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

If nothing else, you can see in the current days he’s better than Messi in CL. Not saying he’s a better footballer overall, but he’s Mr. Champions League. No one else comes close.

It always makes me a bit sad for Messi when he lets himself down in the biggest games. You can see the weight of the world on his shoulders in the big games for Argentina, it affects the way he plays. That's not to say he's not delivered on the big stage, he's carried Argentina many a time and I remember his 2011 CL performances being absolutely mesmerising. For that period from 2009-2012, he revolutionised football with Barca. Unfortunately since then it's been more disappointment knowing he's had chances to win even more than he already has.

Since then you're right, Ronaldo's CL performances have been out of this world. He's always in the game, he didn't even have one of his dominant performances yesterday and still wills himself to 3 crucial goals.

Both are incredible, I'm honoured to say I've seen both play live, albeit in friendlies. It's tough to argue for sure that Ronaldo/Messi are better than Pele and Maradona, but IMO they'd both have to be top 10 players in history.

I feel for guys like Neymar, Aguero and Lewandowski who would have been regarded as total superstars otherwise, such is the dominance of these 2 legends in this era. Both are well into their 30s now - who's the next champion individual of world football?
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional

Not really. He's a good goal-scorer but doesn't offer much else..

No doubt he's class in the air, but on the ground he is mostly a predator these days and scores tap ins.

Reminds me of a Van Nistelrooy type player.. nobody will rememebr Ronaldo in 30 years but everyone will remember Messi
  • Zv1k0

nobody will rememebr Ronaldo in 30 years but everyone will remember Messi

While I agree with everything you said and also think Messi contributes much more to the team, saying nobody will remember Ronaldo in 30 years is ridiculous. This is football and at the end of the day, goals are the only thing that matters.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro

While I agree with everything you said and also think Messi contributes much more to the team, saying nobody will remember Ronaldo in 30 years is ridiculous. This is football and at the end of the day, goals are the only thing that matters.

Idk how much you love football, but to say "only goals matter" is just strange. I still have the picture in my head of Messi destroying Boateng & Neuer in the finals, or when the dribbles 5 players to score. Thats magic, that is something worth to remember.

I personally will never remember the day Ronaldo was given 3 goals to his name from 2 crosses & a penalty.
    I do know Ronaldo has scored couple beauties aswell though.

And im not hating, i appreciate the skill & the work cr7 puts in.
  • seabo
    1409 posts Professional
    edited March 13
    League proves you and your team is more consistent. CL proves your team can step up in important moments more. However CR7 big game form when he was in La Liga is quite bad compared to Messi but is much better in CL big games. It's not like Messi hasn't won CL he has 3 vs Ronaldo 4 during the time they were both in the same league but has 6-2 league titles and 5-2 Copa del Rey. In recent years though CR7's mentality in CL games has gone far above Messi but his overall technical game is not better than Messi in any way besides his heading.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Thuq wrote: »

Idk how much you love football, but to say "only goals matter" is just strange. I still have the picture in my head of Messi destroying Boateng & Neuer in the finals, or when the dribbles 5 players to score. Thats magic, that is something worth to remember.

I personally will never remember the day Ronaldo was given 3 goals to his name from 2 crosses & a penalty.

What he means is if you win 3-2, it's because you scored 3 goals, so goals are the only thing that matters. If someone dribbles from one box to the other and misses and then someone scores a tap in from 2 yards, it's the goal that counts despite being much less impressive overall.
  • Zv1k0

And I completely agree with you. I didn't say that because it's my opinion but that's how the world sees it. I should say, "unfortunately, goals are the only thing that matters". And unfortunately, the award for best player in the world almost always goes to the player who scores the most goals. For me, that's not the best player in the world. Maybe the best goal scorer but not the player. That's what people don't realize and those same people think Modrić winning Ballon d'Or was bs. I think finally the best football player actually won. I also think Messi is better than CR7 and I also think Ronaldinho is the best in history.
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up

Chavez76 wrote: »

this.... They're 2 totally different players, both with unique skillsets.

• Zv1k0
    edited March 13
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

What he means is if you win 3-2, it's because you scored 3 goals, so goals are the only thing that matters. If someone dribbles from one box to the other and misses and then someone scores a tap in from 2 yards, it's the goal that counts despite being much less impressive overall.

And this is also what I meant yes. Possesion, shots on goal, corners...nothing matters. Goals matter.

And I don't know why no one ever mentions assists. Ronaldo scored 3 goals is all people talk about. What about great crosses from Bernardeschi and Cancelo? Without those 2 crosses, Ronaldo wouldn't score. Or Bernadeschi's dribbling which won them the penalty?

No, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo..