When your SBC player becomes worthless.

DIXON THFC
2478 posts Fans' Favourite
When Skriniar SBC was made slightly pointless by the Headliner version (costing 100k as well btw, cost me 300k to do the SBC) I was slightly annoyed but knew I'd already played 500+ at that point and he was amazing.

The Gomez one tonight has really annoyed me, it wasn't a cheap SBC to get the FUTMAS one in the first place but now this 86 is totally worthless and the 90 version costs like 360k.

EA this year have continued to screw people in this manor. Surely an owner of a previous SBC version should at least have a cheaper option to trade the previous version that was made worthless by another cash grab promo?

Maybe it's just me but surely I'm not the only one annoyed by this. I've seen other examples that haven't affected me.

Comments

• CarlF
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Your SBC Gomez was worthless in the first place, other than his worth to you in your team, which is the same now as it was before. Although, I understand your frustration.
  • Delboy13710
    4798 posts National Call-Up
    Markman007 wrote: »
    I hear the frustration because the Gomez SBC is too expensive today, but you can also just pretend he doesn’t exist and keep using the Futmas. It may not be the best version but it’s as good as it was yesterday.

Your right I packed Red Manolas from Rewards and did hes SBC card and feel absolutely no difference between the 2 cards .
    But it is a really big upgrade on Gomez they should have a requirement where you can throw in the Futmas card like with the ICONS
  • lippyone
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am thinking to do no more playr SBCs this season. My club is littered with ones I no longer use, they all seem a good idea at the time but cost lots of money and a few weeks later they are replaced by a better player.

Think next season will do none of them unless very, very cheap. could have had probably an extra 2 or 3 million now if had not done any this season.
  • gorillabear
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do SBC Rabiot. PSG froze him out so that card will never be eclipsed. I feel you though, I was thinking of going for skriniar until he got a bunch of IFs and the HL
  • lukey200
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    why should you get anything - SBC is all about - chance . to be honest ive got even luiz payet sat there doing nothing .. that was the risk - where i will be on your side - is the cost of the SBC - these SBCs should be peanuts ..
  • Greezyweezy101
    1062 posts Professional
    They released ages ago. You got to use them for months and I'm sure they served you well.

Yes it shows lack of imagination from EA but it's really no bug deal
  • greif44
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lmao they *** up everyone who did prime icon SBCs and you're talking about mid tier mid game card. I feel you though
  • DIXON THFC
    greif44 wrote: »
    Lmao they *** up everyone who did prime icon SBCs and you're talking about mid tier mid game card. I feel you though

I've done Figo prime Icon as well mate so yeah that one will annoy me greatly.
    They released ages ago. You got to use them for months and I'm sure they served you well.

At least on previous FIFAs you felt like the SBC was safe, I mean yeah I had players who were eclipsed by real time performance cards but at least my SBC was the only SBC version.

They now release beastly upgrades that tower over your version... and the reason you did the version was because you wanted THAT player.

Just for me this year has been a total lack of respect to us all in so many ways, starting from the very core (the game itself)
  • BiigDee
    4339 posts National Call-Up
    EA don’t care about us being unhappy, they ignore what we want. They turn a blind eye to all the crap we face and they Neglect the game. The way they must look at the game is for marketing purposes only. Make high end players only possibly for content creators simply for people to watch videos and wish they could get them which results in pack sales. The only 2 things that are consistent this year is Promos and Screwing players over. It all started with Reus and it hasn’t stopped.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wouldn't care or get annoyed as the new Gomez is very low value for coins. Shouldn't cost 200k+
  • greif44
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

I've done Figo prime Icon as well mate so yeah that one will annoy me greatly

I've done 7 or 8 prime icon SBCs this year, some of them were just used for a bigger icons, but I have prime Figo, Rivaldo and Nedved, so I feel the same, mate. I'm sure they'll release a better version of Nedved too

• DIXON THFC
    BiigDee wrote: »
    EA don’t care about us being unhappy, they ignore what we want. They turn a blind eye to all the crap we face and they Neglect the game. The way they must look at the game is for marketing purposes only. Make high end players only possibly for content creators simply for people to watch videos and wish they could get them which results in pack sales. The only 2 things that are consistent this year is Promos and Screwing players over. It all started with Reus and it hasn’t stopped.

Honestly, couldn't of put it better mate. Paying customer year after year and it's just one thing after the other.
  • 206xhpt
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just stop doing sbcs guys, i learned my lesson the hard way having done nedved, figo, nesta and a few others. I flushed em into icon required sbcs and cut my losses. Still have jerome boateng, potm goretzka and 1st potm reus (this one hurt with 2nd and 3rd potm versions dropping). I cant get myself to flush these in sbcs and theyre still usable cards (especially Reus) but worthless any other manner.
  • DIXON THFC

I've done Figo prime Icon as well mate so yeah that one will annoy me greatly

I've done 7 or 8 prime icon SBCs this year, some of them were just used for a bigger icons, but I have prime Figo, Rivaldo and Nedved, so I feel the same, mate. I'm sure they'll release a better version of Nedved too

@greif44 Honestly mate I feel for you, I feel for all of us, they are literally taking the **** out of us this year.
  • DIXON THFC
    @206xhpt Mate Reus owners are the ones I feel for the most... how on earth there was no trade in POTM version in those further 2 POTMs was behond me!
  • 206xhpt
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @206xhpt Mate Reus owners are the ones I feel for the most... how on earth there was no trade in POTM version in those further 2 POTMs was behond me!

Insane from EA honestly, did us dirty. Luckily he's a really good card at 91 and even at 88 before the upgrades he was amazing. Didnt get fooled into doing the 2nd or 3rd though
  • mindm4ster
    4945 posts Big Money Move
    league sbc's this year are so trash
    why would anyone waste like 300k on them is beyond me
  • gorillabear
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mindm4ster wrote: »

tbf it ends up being half that with average pack luck. Got Kante in one which paid for the whole thing
  • mindm4ster
    edited March 12

tbf it ends up being half that with average pack luck. Got Kante in one which paid for the whole thing

most of them ain't worth even half of it
    not to mention the ammount of time you waste on completing teams -especially the extinct ones
  • DIXON THFC

To be fair Skriniar cost me about 105k after sales as well it just just the middle finger to anybody that did it with the release of the headliner that gets never ending upgrades.
  • WarrenBarton
    7630 posts League Winner

not to mention the ammount of time you waste on completing teams -especially the extinct ones

Untradeable rival rewards make them good value.
  • mindm4ster

Untradeable rival rewards make them good value.

I'd rather do these ocasional SBC's like these Carnibal ones even ,or some Icon
  • Jonboyparker
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 12
    Only do the sbcs I know will serve me well or seem excellent value for coins.

Gomez was quite sometime ago now and I expect cards to get overtaken. I have Futmas KDB and I’m quite glad he’s had a uneventful season :) but I knew the risk when I did him.

Did Sol and Nakata which were cheap and useable at the time but now sit on my bench. It is what it is and each Icon SBC still needs 1 icon so I’m doing ok. Wasn’t getting fooled into doing a base Icon SBC :D Cant believe there are people holding onto 5-10 icon fodders. Crazy.
  • DIXON THFC
    Gomez was quite sometime ago now and I expect cards to get overtaken. I have Futmas KDB and I’m quite glad he’s had a uneventful season :) but I knew the risk when I did him.

I get this and when Gomez got an IF at 87 I didn't mind one bit but it's the fact they replace a special SBC version with another SBC version with no reason whatsoever... there are loads of decent Argentina players to choose from.

I do get what you're saying though just this way gets on my nerves.
  • Bags
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    Any untradable SBC who isnt end game is at some point worthless other than sbc fodder.
  • Jeyj38
    1244 posts Professional
    Bags wrote: »
    Any untradable SBC who isnt end game is at some point worthless other than sbc fodder.

Overpriced and untradable. No way I ever start doing one lol.
  • Jonboyparker

I get this and when Gomez got an IF at 87 I didn't mind one bit but it's the fact they replace a special SBC version with another SBC version with no reason whatsoever... there are loads of decent Argentina players to choose from.

I do get what you're saying though just this way gets on my nerves.

Yeah I see what you mean. It’s the variety they lack. They could of chosen someone else to link Gomez too. He’s been in 2 sbcs now.
  • Jonboyparker
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Depends who it is. I’d say there are some great value sbcs, FB Ibra, FB Luiz, Futmas KDB etc.. Even Casillas was 60k + packs.

And then there some shockers. But yes, most untradbales will get overtaken. People need to consider this when deciding their value. The above sbcs have already repaid their cost. Even Nakata and Sol have repaid their value in packs, game time. They are also worth 400k each towards an end game icon.
  • lukey200
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 12
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Depends who it is. I’d say there are some great value sbcs, FB Ibra, FB Luiz, Futmas KDB etc.. Even Casillas was 60k + packs.

And then there some shockers. But yes, most untradbales will get overtaken. People need to consider this when deciding their value. The above sbcs have already repaid their cost. Even Nakata and Sol have repaid their value in packs, game time. They are also worth 400k each towards an end game icon.

FB luiz Futmas KDB - nah mate they were overpriced .. i will say this over again - kids play this game and SBC should be available and easy to do for all - not just the elite who spend 1000s on packs