Is this too attacking? (New Idea)

Boysie91
7659 posts League Winner
edited March 12
Is the Midfield too attacking or should I get 89 Gerrard as he has H/H WR?

Screenshot-2019-03-12-12-50-42.png
Post edited by Boysie91 on

Comments

• Craigy21
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks awesome that does mate!
  • IRON_KY94
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not too attacking. A lot of strength, pace and good passing in your team which is important. You will be sure to Rip opponents a new poo hole
  • Empyrium7
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 12
    Viera by himself is enough. Having Gerrard next to him make it more than Balance.
  • tatadwader
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    nah 1 defensive minded cdm is all you need with the narrow formations.

i would swap jesus and militano in game tho. maybe at halftime at least. I'm pretty sure jesus is left footed, not sure about militano tho.
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Could I get a better Icon RCM for 1.2 mill or is Gerrard the better option?
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m in the same boat, deciding which icon CM to get for around 900k
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Bevlarrrr wrote: »

89 Gerrard is good btw
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    On paper that looks good but in game you never know. I tried Gerrard and Matthaus on the weekend and both were awful with the rest of my team. Should never happen but it does and will.
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    Boysie91 wrote: »

89 Gerrard is good btw
    I was thinking about him, I’m playing 41212(2), 90 Makelele at CDM with FFS Arthur one side then my choice of icon up to 900k on another side
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

89 Gerrard is good btw
    I was thinking about him, I’m playing 41212(2), 90 Makelele at CDM with FFS Arthur one side then my choice of icon up to 900k on another side

Arthur is amazing he is one of my favourite CM.
    Didn't rate Makelele as he sat back to far and played like a CB.
    I think Gerrard would fit in well being H/H
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    edited March 12
    Just come up with this all on minimum 8 chem 🤔 will leave me with 1 mill as well.

(Supposed to be Casillas instead on Donnarumma BTW)
    Screenshot-2019-03-12-13-27-15.png
  • Noviembre17
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 12
    There is no too attacking formation. I played against a guy who play with hazard and reus potm at two dmc positions and he defenced like playing with gullit and Kante duo. So even if Özil can tackle like Kante if u should win the ball. If u dont prime matthaus can be nutmagged with an easy pass.

So play with the players you want only workrates matter for defending. If they all have low defence workrate ai defence might struggle.
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro

89 Gerrard is good btw

Ye I’ve heard good things about Arthur so I’m looking forward to seeing what he’s like. I thought with Makelele he’d be defensively solid, time will tell I guess. Maybe Gerrard would be a good fit with him being high/high, I was swaying towards 89 Ballack but wasn’t sure if his work rate would bother me, even thought about Socrates but wasn’t sure if he’d be wasted at CM
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    Just come up with this all on minimum 8 chem 🤔 will leave me with 1 mill as well.

Looks decent, what would you do with the 1 mill ? Icon ST instead of Pato ? I couldn’t really get on with Pato
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

89 Gerrard is good btw

Ye I’ve heard good things about Arthur so I’m looking forward to seeing what he’s like. I thought with Makelele he’d be defensively solid, time will tell I guess. Maybe Gerrard would be a good fit with him being high/high, I was swaying towards 89 Ballack but wasn’t sure if his work rate would bother me, even thought about Socrates but wasn’t sure if he’d be wasted at CM

Ballack was to stiff and slow for me at CDM and didn't stand out at all so sold him after 5 games.
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro

89 Gerrard is good btw

Ballack was to stiff and slow for me at CDM and didn't stand out at all so sold him after 5 games.

Ahh really, I suppose they’re gonna need to be more mobile where they’ll be CM
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

Looks decent, what would you do with the 1 mill ? Icon ST instead of Pato ? I couldn’t really get on with Pato

Not sure what I would do with it tbh. Pato is good for me so don't really need to change him as I do think I could get a Icon better than Pato unless it Butragueno and I just sold him to try something new.
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 12

Not sure what I would do with it tbh. Pato is good for me so don't really need to change him as I do think I could get a Icon better than Pato unless it Butragueno and I just sold him to try something new.

Fair enough mate, maybe upgrade Vieira to the 88 ? I had the 90 Butra, really couldn’t get along with him, I was hoping he’d smash it, sometimes he does for people others it doesn’t

• Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    edited March 12

Fair enough mate, maybe upgrade Vieira to the 88 ? I had the 90 Butra, really couldn’t get along with him, I was hoping he’d smash it, sometimes he does for people others it doesn’t

I had 90 Butragueno and didn't like him tried his prime and he is amazing try him if you get the chance just make sure you have a all rounder like Ibra next to him.

Looked at Vieira and he is 700k more for 9 more stats and M/H. Can't see him being worth it tbh.
  • Craigy21
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like it mate looks solid all over
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro

I had 90 Butragueno and didn't like him tried his prime and he is amazing try him if you get the chance just make sure you have a all rounder like Ibra next to him.

Looked at Vieira and he is 700k more for 9 more stats and M/H. Can't see him being worth it tbh.

I’ve heard the prime is a beast, where the 90 put me off I didn’t try him. I’ve got Zlatan too, pair him up with 91 Griezzy, lethal combo with the little man and big man combo. I did think it was a lot more coin for a few more stats with Vieira
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner
    Craigy21 wrote: »
    I like it mate looks solid all over

Thanks
  • Boysie91
    7659 posts League Winner

I’ve heard the prime is a beast, where the 90 put me off I didn’t try him. I’ve got Zlatan too, pair him up with 91 Griezzy, lethal combo with the little man and big man combo. I did think it was a lot more coin for a few more stats with Vieira

I got griezmann as a red pick and don't rate him lol.
  • Bevlarrrr
    845 posts Semi-Pro

I got griezmann as a red pick and don't rate him lol.

Ye that’s what my one is, love him me, he’s so deadly infront of goal, scores a fair few headers aswell due to his jump and heading accuracy
  • RVN_10
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is the Midfield too attacking or should I get 89 Gerrard as he has H/H WR?

Screenshot-2019-03-12-12-50-42.png

Solid team I have an almost identical team with van der sar, socrates, milinkovic-savic and immobile instead of hulk pato and Gerrard