cost of future Optimus prime SBCs?

o Magico
357 posts Sunday League Hero
edited March 11
what are we forecasting for the big boys?
I just added up the value of the untradeable+tradeable cards I have, 84-91 rated NIFs, 84-89 rated IFs, Nakata as my only icon fodder. So, based on the market cost of the cheapest examples of all those cards, cheapest icon at 350k etc it added up to 2.575mil, which given the prices of the lesser icon moments SBCs doesn't sound like a lot, my club is absolutely stacked though.(I'm aware that the market is in a lull atm and should it pick up that 2.575mil is then more like 3mil+).

So, what are we thinking the likes of Eusebio, Matthaus, Gullit, Dinho, Cruyff etc are gonna cost to complete? I've read on here that EA are trying to make the SBC a similar price to that of the cards market value...but if thats the case 99.9% are screwed, lmao :D , unless they increase the pack weight of some of these cards.

It's crystal ball time fellers, wanna hear your guestimates ;)
Post edited by o Magico on

Comments

• o Magico
    giphy.gif
  • Azof
    14785 posts World Class
    I mean there is an icon discussion thread for these questions, people looking to talking about it usually go there
  • o Magico
    Azof wrote: »
    I mean there is an icon discussion thread for these questions, people looking to talking about it usually go there
    fantastic contribution, cheers
  • G12OGN
    1471 posts Professional
    o Magico wrote: »

Facts though.
  • Hippyboy6
    16674 posts World Class

Over 1000 pages of predictions & reviews, 32,000 comments..... It was the best contribution you could ask for TBH.
  • Crossland
    5691 posts Big Money Move
    :trollface:
  • o Magico
    G12OGN wrote: »

Facts though.
    its someone with nearly 15,000 posts on a fifa forum complaining when I dare to attempt to start a conversation :D Perhaps I should've posted it in the other thread, I pop in here once in a blue moon and didn't see it there, no need to act like an autist about it is there?

This thread went well.
    ah mate, here we go lets pile on for the lolz.
  • Hippyboy6
    16674 posts World Class
    G12OGN wrote: »

Facts though.
    its someone with nearly 15,000 posts on a fifa forum complaining when I dare to attempt to start a conversation :D Perhaps I should've posted it in the other thread, I pop in here once in a blue moon and didn't see it there, no need to act like an autist about it is there?

This thread went well.

If he had started it in September, he'd have had one of the most popular threads in the forum 😂
  • tauras
    3404 posts National Call-Up
    Hard to tell can see them doubling up on some of the sbcs specially 88 and 89s could they do 2 icons wouldn't surprise me dinho and Ronaldo are amazing looking so won't come cheap.
  • SomeNextGuy
    1359 posts Professional
    Are you from Sharrow by any chance? A guy I know goes by the name 'Magico' and he plays a lot of Fifa.
  • Cantona84
    7382 posts League Winner
    edited March 11
    I personally think these sbcs gonna be cheaper than expected.

FUT Birthday gonna give us a good indication as we will get some big Icons. No way an untradable card will cost 5 mill plus.

Edit: I tried staying on topic, maybe I misunderstood seeing all the other posts.
  • o Magico
    ah the grown ups have arrived
  • o Magico
    tauras wrote: »
    Hard to tell can see them doubling up on some of the sbcs specially 88 and 89s could they do 2 icons wouldn't surprise me dinho and Ronaldo are amazing looking so won't come cheap.
    Yeah I was assuming they'd ask for multiple Icons, that shouldn't be a problem with how cheap the baby versions are atm. They could go for x2 88/89/90 I suppose yeah, can't see it being more than 15 IFs tho, thats getting a bit ridiculous, have they ever asked for that in previous fifas?
  • It's a weird flex...
  • o Magico
    Are you from Sharrow by any chance? A guy I know goes by the name 'Magico' and he plays a lot of Fifa.
    nah mate I'm from Libpewl
  • o Magico
    Cantona84 wrote: »

FUT Birthday gonna give us a good indication as we will get some big Icons. No way an untradable card will cost 5 mill plus.

Edit: I tried staying on topic, maybe I misunderstood seeing all the other posts.
    Hope you're right, it does seem crazy to chuck over 4mil+ into an untradeable card. As each promo passes these high tier primes should in theory be packed more and thus drop in price, maybe the hype around them will die down a little, hard to predict really though
  • Cantona84
    7382 posts League Winner

Hope you're right, it does seem crazy to chuck over 4mil+ into an untradeable card. As each promo passes these high tier primes should in theory be packed more and thus drop in price, maybe the hype around them will die down a little, hard to predict really though

Yeah. It’s hard to predict.

But it’s not good for EA bringing out 5 mill plus sbcs. A very small percentage of the community would be able to do them. I understand that these cards should be difficult to attain, but the cost of sbcs for untradable cards has limits.

I personally want to do R97, Vieira and Gullit- but if they come in May I will pass.
  • MarioMonk
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont see anything wrong with Azofs comment. Looks like he was trying to help.
  • o Magico

Yeah. It’s hard to predict.

But it’s not good for EA bringing out 5 mill plus sbcs. A very small percentage of the community would be able to do them. I understand that these cards should be difficult to attain, but the cost of sbcs for untradable cards has limits.

I personally want to do R97, Vieira and Gullit- but if they come in May I will pass.
    exactly, thats the other issue as well. Many of us on here have clubs stocked full of untradeables burning a hole in our pockets, I'd rather overpay for these high tier PIMs now and have them for a while than be made to wait weeks or months to get them 'on the cheap' when TOTS are already out
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    George best predictions?
  • o Magico
    Shane wrote: »
    George best predictions?
    hmm tough to say, from scratch I'd guess 1.7-1.8mil ml, he's only 2.2mil on the market so can't see it being that much.
  • o Magico
    What are we estimating for Matthaus, Eusebio, Dinho and Figo based on whats been released already?
  • Sixtech
    1921 posts Play-Off Hero
    What are we estimating for Matthaus, Eusebio, Dinho and Figo based on whats been released already?

Dinho - 3 mil

Matthaus - 2.1 mil

Eusebio - 3 mil

Figo - 1.4 mil

• Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    You guys need to change the title if there's drama in a topic! I don't click on standard fifa 19 topics usually
  • o Magico
    Fab wrote: »
    You guys need to change the title if there's drama in a topic! I don't click on standard fifa 19 topics usually
    I'd rather move past it and get back on track tbh
  • o Magico
    edited March 11
    Sixtech wrote: »

Dinho - 3 mil

Matthaus - 2.1 mil

Eusebio - 3 mil

Figo - 1.4 mil
    oof, hope you're on the money. You expecting multiple icons or x2 89 or 90 squads instead?
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

For sure for sure, my apologies! As to answer your question I don't have a clue I don't really do SBCs!
  • o Magico

For sure for sure, my apologies! As to answer your question I don't have a clue I don't really do SBCs!
    haha I do plenty and still don't have a clue so that makes two of us :#
  • EA_Rtas
    502 posts EA Moderator
    Ok, so I've just removed quite a lot of posts from in here. Keep it on track and knock it off with the insults
  • DarthGrowler
    13869 posts Has That Special Something
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Ok, so I've just removed quite a lot of posts from in here. Keep it on track and knock it off with the insults

Who the hell is this guy?