FIFA Rewards - free TOTW player

Danic123
2262 posts Fans' Favourite
edited March 11
My mate just had a message on Xbox Live;

They’d noticed how much time, effort & money he’d put into the game and as such wanted to reward him with an untradeable TOTW player for free.

Message was from FIFAReward19.

Is this message legitimate?

Told him to visit .....deleted....

Post edited by Danic123 on

Comments

• Danic123
    Looks fake to me tbh, but wanted to check.
  • Campino
    25929 posts Player of the Year
    Fake
  • RebelRob
    4089 posts National Call-Up
    Campino wrote: »
    Fake

• Danic123
    Thanks guys
  • Crossland
    5688 posts Big Money Move
    Hahaha I can imagine the amount of kids that have lost their accounts today through this
  • DarthGrowler
    13869 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »
    Fake

• Sixtech
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crossland wrote: »
    Hahaha I can imagine the amount of kids that have lost their accounts today through this

Thats not really funny. It happens way more often than you think.
  • Crossland
    5688 posts Big Money Move
    Sixtech wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »

Thats not really funny. It happens way more often than you think.

No your quite right,my bad
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    And I'll trim your mate's rune armour!
  • DarthGrowler
    I can duplicate your Ronaldo. I keep one and send you back 3
  • Azof
    14782 posts World Class
    Gets obvious phishing scam decides to post url on official forums hmmmmmm
  • DarthGrowler
    I think OP is phishing
  • vibemix881
    2568 posts Fans' Favourite

Can you do it with Socrates? I'd love one at CAM and one at ST
  • Ulook92
    10985 posts Has That Special Something
    Of course its real. I got a free FIF Gelson Martins :trollface:
  • DarthGrowler
    vibemix881 wrote: »

Can you do it with Socrates? I'd love one at CAM and one at ST

I give you back three so you can have 2 of him up top and one at cam
  • Danic123
    Lol, I’m not phishing :smiley:

I’ll edit it out of my original post. I just wanted a definitive answer as I guessed it was fake, but he was obviously excited etc at thoughts of a free player.
  • Keano
    9857 posts League Winner
    Silly to put the site in here, someone will go there to check it out & bam, someone gets their stuff stolen.

Didn't think it was common sense that if a randomer messages you saying you'll get something (and it's not legit EA) that it was a scam... OP is either very niave, or trying to do it himself.
  • Danic123
    Keano wrote: »
    Silly to put the site in here, someone will go there to check it out & bam, someone gets their stuff stolen.

Didn't think it was common sense that if a randomer messages you saying you'll get something (and it's not legit EA) that it was a scam... OP is either very niave, or trying to do it himself.

How is that naive? I believed it to be fake, which I said, and haven’t at any point told people to try out an “amazing thing that gets free players” etc.

To explain, the message was professionally wrote and had an official looking picture as their avatar. I suspected it was fake, but haven’t experienced it before so came to a site where I believed people would know.
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bigfoot riding an unicorn sounds more believable and that says something
  • xciljw
    4789 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »

Those were the days.. :lol:
  • Hippyboy6
    16673 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »

The hope that's game related, sounds painful 😂
  • Keano
    9857 posts League Winner
    Danic123 wrote: »

How is that naive? I believed it to be fake, which I said, and haven’t at any point told people to try out an “amazing thing that gets free players” etc.

To explain, the message was professionally wrote and had an official looking picture as their avatar. I suspected it was fake, but haven’t experienced it before so came to a site where I believed people would know.

Unless its from an official ea account (thats authorised) its obviously a lie.

Next you’ll be telling me you’ve had Nigerian Princes offering you their wealth if you give them your bank info.
  • Danic123

Next you’ll be telling me you’ve had Nigerian Princes offering you their wealth if you give them your bank info.

Lol, I know it sounds daft, but from the video my mate showed me (he videoed the message on WhatsApp) it looked legitimate & official. I did not believe that it was genuine, but sort clarification on here. Had it been a message to me personally, I’d have just deleted it. But on the off chance it was genuine, imagine I told my mate it was fake and then suddenly it was found to be true as part of FUT Birthday or something. Not sure he’d be too impressed with me.
  • Keano
    9857 posts League Winner

Lol, I know it sounds daft, but from the video my mate showed me (he videoed the message on WhatsApp) it looked legitimate & official. I did not believe that it was genuine, but sort clarification on here. Had it been a message to me personally, I’d have just deleted it. But on the off chance it was genuine, imagine I told my mate it was fake and then suddenly it was found to be true as part of FUT Birthday or something. Not sure he’d be too impressed with me.

As I said, you'd only trust it if it's come from a verified EA source (website, in game message etc). Companies will never tell you to go to ____ site to claim something, because they know that's how scammers work.
  • Danic123

As I said, you'd only trust it if it's come from a verified EA source (website, in game message etc). Companies will never tell you to go to ____ site to claim something, because they know that's how scammers work.

I’m not disagreeing, just explaining my thought process. I did make one mistake, that was repeating the web page (on here) it had sent him, but tbh that was part of what made it appear to be possibly genuine. It genuinely slipped my mind that posting that on here may incite someone else to visit and be lured in. But I never asked people to check it out to claim free rewards, I was asking if it was genuine.
  • Scutch
    8899 posts League Winner
    edited March 12
    Yes!! Just got TOTW Stuani! Cheers OP. EA delivering at last.

EDIT: Where have the rest of my players gone pls?
    EDIT2: And my coins.
  • Danic123
    Scutch wrote: »

Lol, I don’t think you’d have even got a card tbh
  • Keano
    9857 posts League Winner

You bought that card for it's max bin... x50 & then quicksold the rest :trollface:

• Scutch
    8899 posts League Winner

You bought that card for it's max bin... x50 & then quicksold the rest :trollface:

That does make sense. Ah well, I'll just start over.
  • Keano
    9857 posts League Winner

That does make sense. Ah well, I'll just start over.

I'd get onto EA support mate, so if you follow what I say, you'll be sent back here in... approx 2 hours.