Comments

• bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 3
    Duncan1972 wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    rim6uwp5cr32.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a new pitch notes articles talking about updates on FIFA gameplay responsiveness efforts.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have about this in this thread.

What a joke.

The vast majority of this was flagged months ago and nothing was done to fix any of it.

Yet when it’s time to promote next years game you come out with all this as If the user base should be happy that we are effectively paying for the patch we should have received months ago.

To cap it all since the last update game performance has hit an all time low.

Last Fifa for me- purely because EA are quite clearly taking the **** out of their fans.

It’s quite frankly insulting to your users.

This
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited June 5
    SA 01.06 Gameplay 6 of 10 CET 11:00 - 13:00
    SA 01.06 Gameplay 0 of 10 3sec Button Delay! CET 14:00 - 16:30
    SO 02.06 Gameplay 5 of 10 CET 17:00 - 19:30
    MO 03.06 Gameplay 9 of 10 CET 00:00 - 03:00 first time since release that I had 8 games in line without delay very fast gameplay and responsiveness. I wish all my 30 games could be like this :C can't reach Top100 like last year when I have 5-10 Games with massive button delay 2sec +

ISP: Fiber7 from init7.ch 1Gbit standalone line fiber
    Router XR500 all QOS options disabled
    Location Basel (Switzerland)
    PSN ID: b00st88ch
    PS4 Pro wired Cat 6 certificated
    No UPNP some Ports open and its full cone mode tested on a special website

• bberger
    edited June 11
    Unplayable again. I'm also done leaving any additional information here as it gets ignored anyways..
  • bberger
    Oh boy.. was actually playable for a spin this afternoon, now we're back to normal paced gameplay with small input delay but taking 2 extra steps and ignoring shooting/passing/direction changes while the opponent is on 🔥..
  • bberger
    It's once again bad. Very bad. Even the menus lag bad.

• bberger
    edited June 17
    Any update on your "responsiveness efforts?"

...yeah thought so.

There are months left in this game cycle and you call your product "esports ready". Yet you not only ignore blatant balancing issues, but you don't even give a thought about fixing your completely messed up server infrastructure and netcode.

Only thing EA seems to be actually competent is at marketing and blatant lying.
  • EA_Andy
    3267 posts EA Community Manager
    bberger wrote: »

Once we have any updates we will publish them in the same way we have before.

• bberger
    Yeah.. doesn't seem like you guys are making any progress.. gameplay is downright disgusting at the moment..

Full second delay and mud in it's finest.. :tired_face:
  • bacchus
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I didn't have this problem since FIFA17 and not in FIFA19 all year and suddenly last week it appears. Uninstalled and reinstalled game numerous times and the same gameplay issues as the rest of you.

One suggestion - it can't be the connection and the servers because it happens in Kick Off mode offline and when I pull out the internet connection.

It is something corrupted in the game IMO.
  • bberger
    edited June 20
    Game turned completely unplayable at around 3pm GMT+1 today..

Thanks for your continued efforts.
  • bberger
    edited June 22
    Turned into garbage at 3.30 a.m. (GMT+1). So you can't even play in the middle of the night now..

I think I'm done with this franchise now.
  • bberger
    edited June 25
    You people should be ashamed of the state of your "responsiveness efforts". We are 9 months into the game and the current state is shambolic at best

Gameplay turned into garbage at around 2pm, players now ice skating, taking 5 heavy touches before (not) controlling the ball etc.

PS: lol. My player just lost control of the ball running in a straight line, without even sprinting.. comical :joy:
  • Mc_chigby
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Played a few games last night (UK 9pm to 10.30pm) and awful. Spits of lag every few minutes. Last game was the worst with delay, speed up lag and other issues all rolled into one
  • I was waiting for enhancements. I don't waiting anymore. I thought last months week by week I'll see EA make efforts to maje gameplay enjoyable. I'm a idiot for sure, this week was the worst lag ever. I'm from Romania and I think this game is made for germans. When I play against them it's very clear that the opponet does not have lag as I do... My Messi 99 is moving slower then a 83 OVR player, my players are moving so slow that the opponet have the time to slide tackle, raise up and have the ball... FIFA19 FUT is garbage and for sure absolutely failure. Hate kick of glich and beeing stoped to defence in last minutes... Wtf?
  • bberger
    Gameplay was shocking(-ly bad) this WL.
    Not a single responsive game. Not one.

I can't wrap my head around how gameplay and delay can get even worse with less people playing..
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    None of this peak hours delay would happen if SERVERS WERE REMOVED and people could actually host their own matches.
  • bberger
    edited July 3
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    None of this peak hours delay would happen if SERVERS WERE REMOVED and people could actually host their own matches.

This.

Dedicated servers were the worst thing happening to FUT.

Almost never get any of those issues in p2p..
  • EA_Andy wrote: »

important EA for fifa 20 please reply
    add please cross-platform trading
    at transfermarkt

for fifa20
    then it does not matter which platform you play the game on
    I play fifa pc
    I wish the change comes in FIFA 20
    so that PC players do not die out
    Please do that with all other online modes
    so that you can even find online players of ps4 xbox etc on the pc then
  • bberger

at transfermarkt

for fifa20
    I play fifa pc

What has that to do with the completely broken gameplay balance and the unplayable servers they are forcing upon us?

They need to get their game together first. And they don't care about PC gamers. Like at all.
  • ijsbeerrr
    50 posts Last Pick at the Park
    responsiveness? hahahah good one.
  • bberger wrote: »

at transfermarkt

for fifa20
    I play fifa pc

What has that to do with the completely broken gameplay balance and the unplayable servers they are forcing upon us?

They need to get their game together first. And they don't care about PC gamers. Like at all.

been an update on PC today , says something about responsiveness but i have been awake only 4 minutes so not sure what it is about ,
  • Nas
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    On PS4 this new Patch has 0 effect sorry guys but responsiveness is now much worser than before really sad to see such a crap update. You finally did it the games in DR and WL have now lags and stutters and more delay than ever. Why is it so hard to understand that your changed settings have 0 effect on the responsiveness?

Invest in more servers around the world to reduce the amount of high load on cpu at the servers. Or let us play by P2P like friendly there are such a big difference now in compare to WL,DR,Draft.

And maybe Im a little guy that nobody can hear through the forum to reach the high position (development departement) but explain me 1 thing only 1 thing why are the hops between start and end hops always transfering through the US? I mean the last 2-3hops? Im asking this for the 3-4th time and still no answer?

Please sit together with IT guys that have the knowledge how to have stable and clean connection.

I mean you have diferrent other EA titles with good servers and you also learned from the past from the Battlefield 1 Problem (Tickrates)

But why is Fifa the only game that can't run smooth?

I hope something will change asap because Fifa is atm not enjoiable it's so much frustration because button delay,lags,stutters etc.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited July 18
    b00st88ch wrote: »
    On PS4 this new Patch has 0 effect sorry guys but responsiveness is now much worser than before really sad to see such a crap update. You finally did it the games in DR and WL have now lags and stutters and more delay than ever. Why is it so hard to understand that your changed settings have 0 effect on the responsiveness?

Invest in more servers around the world to reduce the amount of high load on cpu at the servers. Or let us play by P2P like friendly there are such a big difference now in compare to WL,DR,Draft.

And maybe Im a little guy that nobody can hear through the forum to reach the high position (development departement) but explain me 1 thing only 1 thing why are the hops between start and end hops always transfering through the US? I mean the last 2-3hops? Im asking this for the 3-4th time and still no answer?

Please sit together with IT guys that have the knowledge how to have stable and clean connection.

I mean you have diferrent other EA titles with good servers and you also learned from the past from the Battlefield 1 Problem (Tickrates)

I hope something will change asap because Fifa is atm not enjoiable it's so much frustration because button delay,lags,stutters etc.

You would not have these issues of them sending your connection to the US then back to another different continent if they gave us an option to use P2P and host ourselves, that way you would be playing Champions at 15ms with people only from your country connecting to them directly (given that they tweak their matchmaking adequately to allow looking for people based on lowest latency on direct P2P connection) instead of receiving 250ms by sending your connection to US servers.

Servers are killing this game. Remove them, or at least give us the option to use P2P. We aren't all pros that need to never have our IPs revealed. No ones going to get my IP, a nobody's IP, to hack a match. Or just create a code that doesn't reveal it, but a P2P one. The situation of servers and EA's associates spending millions over dozens of millions ever year to sustain it is ridiculous.

"Please sit together with IT guys that have the knowledge how to have stable and clean connection."

The fact is that servers netcode can only go so far and creates an enourmous amount of issues, increases latency by a lot for many people, it's just ****, I'm sorry, but it's stupid to prefer servers over P2P. No matter what telemetry tool you use to try and perfect this, IT'S THE WRONG MODEL, UNDERSTAND THAT, EA.

What's funny is that they are stretching the rope as much as they can to actually make servers work. They are using player input, telemetry tools, putting a lot of time and effort into looking at ways to improve their servers and no, they won't improve any sizable amount. You will never solve the delay issue because SERVERS ARE THE ISSUE. I don't know which employee actually convinced you that the server model is the best way but trust me, for input delay it is the worse thing you can have. And it also comes with so many issues, doubles the input delay, creates peak hours delay, sends people far away from servers to servers where they have an enourmous amount of latency like the guy above, because networks and peering are far from ideal in real life, creates a huge budget that increases every year, the only reason you are still using them is security. Just develop a better P2P netcode EA, you can do it, but don't separate from it. Think about it.

Or, give, us, the option. I guarantee you 95% of people will be using P2P.

I feel sorry, honestly, for EA whenever I see a post stating "Our efforts to improve responsiveness." You are rowing on caramel. You cannot improve the situation substantially and you never will because the extra amount of noticeable input delay is happening due to: 1. The fact that servers double the input delay in regards to latency, 2. You have a lot of users bottle necking everything unexpectedly, and more every year, making it impossible to control. Why do you insist??? on servers when P2P is right in front of you offering half of the delay!! Gosh.
  • bberger
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »

You would not have these issues of them sending your connection to the US then back to another different continent if they gave us an option to use P2P and host ourselves, that way you would be playing Champions at 15ms with people only from your country connecting to them directly (given that they tweak their matchmaking adequately to allow looking for people based on lowest latency on direct P2P connection) instead of receiving 250ms by sending your connection to US servers.

Servers are killing this game. Remove them, or at least give us the option to use P2P. We aren't all pros that need to never have our IPs revealed. No ones going to get my IP, a nobody's IP, to hack a match. Or just create a code that doesn't reveal it, but a P2P one. The situation of servers and EA's associates spending millions over dozens of millions ever year to sustain it is ridiculous.

"Please sit together with IT guys that have the knowledge how to have stable and clean connection."

The fact is that servers netcode can only go so far and creates an enourmous amount of issues, increases latency by a lot for many people, it's just ****, I'm sorry, but it's stupid to prefer servers over P2P. No matter what telemetry tool you use to try and perfect this, IT'S THE WRONG MODEL, UNDERSTAND THAT, EA.

What's funny is that they are stretching the rope as much as they can to actually make servers work. They are using player input, telemetry tools, putting a lot of time and effort into looking at ways to improve their servers and no, they won't improve any sizable amount. You will never solve the delay issue because SERVERS ARE THE ISSUE. I don't know which employee actually convinced you that the server model is the best way but trust me, for input delay it is the worse thing you can have. And it also comes with so many issues, doubles the input delay, creates peak hours delay, sends people far away from servers to servers where they have an enourmous amount of latency like the guy above, because networks and peering are far from ideal in real life, creates a huge budget that increases every year, the only reason you are still using them is security. Just develop a better P2P netcode EA, you can do it, but don't separate from it. Think about it.

Or, give, us, the option. I guarantee you 95% of people will be using P2P.

I feel sorry, honestly, for EA whenever I see a post stating "Our efforts to improve responsiveness." You are rowing on caramel. You cannot improve the situation substantially and you never will because the extra amount of noticeable input delay is happening due to: 1. The fact that servers double the input delay in regards to latency, 2. You have a lot of users bottle necking everything unexpectedly, and more every year, making it impossible to control. Why do you insist??? on servers when P2P is right in front of you offering half of the delay!! Gosh.

You speak from my 💓. There isn't a better way to describe this. Too bad EA will just go down the corporate path and will ned a few more millions to burn and probable also a massive crash at wallstreet before they even think about that problem..
  • Keitha313
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Fair is fair, I'm liking the changes you made it was the right thing to do. I'm enjoying playing the game once again thank you.
  • bberger
    Keitha313 wrote: »
    Fair is fair, I'm liking the changes you made it was the right thing to do. I'm enjoying playing the game once again thank you.

They are a step in the right direction for a lot of us. But it still isn't anywhere near an acceptable solution to be frank.
  • Pablofsi08
    Only a minority is fine with the current state of input delay but the majority and more importantly, when the true mass of users experience the input delay we have from october to february, march, it's all full of complaints of an horrible delay. All that awful delay cannot go away because the model is what's causing it.
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    What should I say an another WL for nothing idk what's wrong with this game I played some games at friday was ok 8:0. Then saturday also 15:0 was crap 1-2sec delay but I managed somehow.

Sunday haha gtfo sorry every games was lagging with massive 2-4sec button delay my players was not controlable at the end. Pure frustration lose matches because unplayable conditions and out of sync.

I play FUT since 2017 and Im normally E1/Top100 Gamer but this year on PS4 it was impossible to reach 1 time T100 because of this Delay,sluggish out of sync Games. This games is not constant in not a single game.
    Every game feels different and since the last patch it's more unplayable then ever.

Best moment at Saturday evening CET around 21:00 ingame Menu and Transfermarket lagged like unreal for 1-3sec every 5sec. WOW.

Please do me a pleasure and remove this servers for WL and DR it's how can I say it normal? Very bad far away from little bit fun to play I had around 2000 Games now and Ive never spended so much time for a inconsistent broken game to learn how to handle it but for my setup it's imposssible.

1Gbit Fiber standalone (not shared for other customers) (4ms Ping to google.com just for a little indication)
    PS4 Pro
    Benq Zowie
    Controller USB connected
    Netgear XR500

the funny thing is I had against german players the most delay/button input nobody knows why because it makes nosense I live in Switzerland on google maps around 350km to Frankfurt Servers.

Please EA do something right all your efforts to make the game better since 8-10 months is for nothing the game feels more and more unplayable after every update.

What are your IT Guys doing the whole time? Refresh that team sorry but it's so ridiculous...
  • tworaf
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    What should I say an another WL for nothing idk what's wrong with this game I played some games at friday was ok 8:0. Then saturday also 15:0 was crap 1-2sec delay but I managed somehow.

Sunday haha gtfo sorry every games was lagging with massive 2-4sec button delay my players was not controlable at the end. Pure frustration lose matches because unplayable conditions and out of sync.

I play FUT since 2017 and Im normally E1/Top100 Gamer but this year on PS4 it was impossible to reach 1 time T100 because of this Delay,sluggish out of sync Games. This games is not constant in not a single game.
    Every game feels different and since the last patch it's more unplayable then ever.

Best moment at Saturday evening CET around 21:00 ingame Menu and Transfermarket lagged like unreal for 1-3sec every 5sec. WOW.

Please do me a pleasure and remove this servers for WL and DR it's how can I say it normal? Very bad far away from little bit fun to play I had around 2000 Games now and Ive never spended so much time for a inconsistent broken game to learn how to handle it but for my setup it's imposssible.

1Gbit Fiber standalone (not shared for other customers) (4ms Ping to google.com just for a little indication)
    PS4 Pro
    Benq Zowie
    Controller USB connected
    Netgear XR500

the funny thing is I had against german players the most delay/button input nobody knows why because it makes nosense I live in Switzerland on google maps around 350km to Frankfurt Servers.

Please EA do something right all your efforts to make the game better since 8-10 months is for nothing the game feels more and more unplayable after every update.

What are your IT Guys doing the whole time? Refresh that team sorry but it's so ridiculous...

Same as you bro, I had a solid 1 second delay all WL. and for the first time ever buttons were not registring at all many times which costed me several goals wasted and conceeded.

I had to flash my router with ddwrt firmware and manually block ip adresses of bad ea servers! they have many servers with huge packet loss and ping jitter...