PITCH NOTES | UPDATE ON FIFA GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS

Comments

• KRANG00
    1711 posts Play-Off Hero
    I admire the persistence in here i really do but it's over for this year! They don't listen or care, this is the game we are stuck with.

Save your anger for Fifa 20 people :s
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 23
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    I admire the persistence in here i really do but it's over for this year! They don't listen or care, this is the game we are stuck with.

Save your anger for Fifa 20 people :s

At this rate I'm not gonna get FIFA 20. This thread is a prime example of what's wrong with that company..
    Post edited by bberger on
  • shirbavikar
    14 posts Ball Boy
    I am so proud I didn't spend any FIFA points this year. This company just don't deserve it. This is the worst video game ever created in the history of mankind. I think they don't know how to fix this game themselves. Even though they fix the connection, the game still has manual Gk, AI defending and Time finishing. I don't even care about FIFA 20 now because FIFA 20 could be even worse. Please don't get surprised. LOL
  • bberger
    Wow. You managed to reach a new level of input delay... lol
  • bberger
    This actually is the worst experience ever. Just when you think this game can't reach new lows you manage to do just that..

I will delete my club, destroy my copy and stream that whole thing live on YouTube..

Really, your performance this year is beyond understandable and beyond redeemable.
  • bberger
    I'm flat out shocked that there is zero response from EA's side. Game is even worse than unplayable more times than not and people will skip out on FIFA 20 if EA shows no effort at all to get this emberassing mess under control.

You're (EA) inflicting long term damage here @EA_Andy in reputation and sales by ignoring the userbase and having literally zero useful communication throughout this mess.

This is the most embarrassing installation ever, just flat out broken on so many ends, slowly gaining media attraction..

If you keep on driving on this crash course, the franchise will be dead by FIFA 21. You're reaching a point where reputation and trust reach an unredeemable level.
  • shirbavikar
    14 posts Ball Boy
    @bberger You are absolutely right mate @EA_Andy, please listen!

This game shouldn't even be in history books coz every time we think about this game we experience hell. @EA_Andy Please don't fix this game. Please focus on some useless stuff for FIFA 20 like - Creating another Alex hunter journey story, Offline Champions league game mode and Fut champs (BTW is the worst inclusion ever in FIFA). Every time EA implements new stuff without asking the community, crazy things happen.

I don't even want FIFA 20 for free. People are not toxic, this game made them toxic.

I also appreciate the old FIFA games. I would love to play them in a bad connection but not this game even in a good one!

• bberger
    Wring thread m8. This one is about bringing the muddy slow gameplay, unresponsiveness and server issues to attention.

But rest assured, EA won't care for your points either. It's been months now that any feedback got back from EA. They have given up on the game and don't care.

We're doing a monologue here, because the great community interface in @EA_Andy seems to not give a dime about forwarding any issues or communicating anything useful or relevant back to the community.

Stellar job EA..
  • bberger
    Jesus Christ... I actually have input delay and muddy gameplay now in Squad Battles?! Which is an offline mode.

What the hell?
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @bberger, @EA_Andy

can you explain me why is the traffic for the the dedicated server routed back to Houston (US) before it hits the endserver in Frankfurt? Its always the last 3-4 hops. For statistics or wtf? Because of this genius idea you created Delay for 95% of all Fifa Users.

And why we have sluggish/delayed gameplay in offline modes? Ah wait you also want to track internet statistics or whatelse?

You want constructive feedback at the end but can't answer to the simple questions that we have?

Youre also not TOS allowed or what?
  • bberger
    b00st88ch wrote: »
    @bberger, @EA_Andy

can you explain me why is the traffic for the the dedicated server routed back to Houston (US) before it hits the endserver in Frankfurt? Its always the last 3-4 hops. For statistics or wtf? Because of this genius idea you created Delay for 95% of all Fifa Users.

And why we have sluggish/delayed gameplay in offline modes? Ah wait you also want to track internet statistics or whatelse?

You want constructive feedback at the end but can't answer to the simple questions that we have?

Youre also not TOS allowed or what?

I can only guess here, but I think it might have to do with 2 things:
    1) as you already suspect Statistics will most likely be involved.
    2) depending on how the load balancing works with their infrastructure it's possible that ALL traffic could be routed to a "single" backend server and Frankfurt, UAE, Ireland servers etc only act as a Frontend/entry point (or vice versa). Think of it similar to VPN, you log on to an entry point that then routes traffic through custom infrastructure etc.

But as always, EA tries to hide anything and everything from the user so that they can cut costs and manipulate without getting caught easily.

It will need to take an insider to step up and blow the whistle on their shady tactics and borderline criminal business model. Transparency isn't one of the things EA will ever be associated with. Ever.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    I contacted my ISP yesterday and showed the isp engineer guys where is my problem they already said its fishy to saw a routing like that now they will try to fix it I'm a bit motivated to see how we can avoid that extra hops to Houston. Im from Switzerland it's around 300km to Frankfurt. So idk what's the Point to route all my traffic around the world for this game but If you know that these wierd servers are all amazonaws sponsored you know that is a big money business behind that.
  • bberger
    I contacted my ISP yesterday and showed the isp engineer guys where is my problem they already said its fishy to saw a routing like that now they will try to fix it I'm a bit motivated to see how we can avoid that extra hops to Houston. Im from Switzerland it's around 300km to Frankfurt. So idk what's the Point to route all my traffic around the world for this game but If you know that these wierd servers are all amazonaws sponsored you know that is a big money business behind that.

Maybe, just maybe this routing isn't to blame on EA but on Amazon.

I'm from Austria and I'm basically having the same problem - WL and Rivals is almost unplayable for me.

While h2h modes (like online singles or friendlies) are buttersmooth and lagfree if I find an opponent within 1000km.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    Ok my ISP gave me an answer they could not take any further steps because they give my IP adress to AWS at the end and they registered it in the USA so it looks like when I trace with -A that the hop will be in Houston.

I will try something tonight maybe there is a option with IP Blocking method for AWS.
  • bberger
    edited May 29
    Oh by the way @EA_Andy the game is unplayable again here. Suuper sloooow moooootion gameplay and player taking extra touches, not turning, stumbling over each other etc.

Just a reminder that the game is broken.

@EA_Andy how is the "investigation" going? have you given up yet fixing this broken game?

PS: there is the new (old?) kickoff glitch back from a year ago where you send a player on a run at kickoff and play a lobbed pass to him - 1vs1 on the GK every single time without failure. Good to see you at least fixed the old broken exploits.. lol

Edit:
    - PS4
    - steiNetti
    - 16:30 - 17:30 GMT+1
    - A1 (Austria) / VDSL2 / Netgear XR500 + QoS, capped at 30/5mbit, Ethernet (wired)
    - Austria (near Vienna)
    Post edited by bberger on
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited May 29
    @EA_Andy yesterday I played 2 friendlies against a strong friend. First game 2:5 no chance so many rebounds to him second game feels like a different game and I won 4:1 and his Players reacts slower.

Constant gameplay in friendly helloooooo?!?

and where is the first summary of the new super highend special mega TELEMETRIC TOOL?

Since when is this tool out? More than a month and still no update or ingame gameplay changes.

For me I feel 0 difference and just for info why do many EA Gamechangers just skip this tool in WL?

*Edit*

- Platform - PS4
    - PSN ID - b00st88ch
    - Timestamp + timezone - 22:30 - 23:30 CET / 28.05.2019
    - ISP - Fiber7 from Init7 - 1Gbit Glass fiber
    - Location - Switzerland
    Post edited by b00st88ch on
  • EA_Andy
    3121 posts EA Community Manager
    Thanks for all the continued reports.

Remember specifics are what we need instead of "gameplay was good just now, or delay was bad":

- Platform
    - PSN ID / Gamertag / Origin ID
    - Timestamp + timezone
    - ISP
    As for future updates - not sure when they might be coming at the moment but we did recently open up the in-game survey to more people to get a larger pool of info.

Once we have more to share we'll likely do it via a pitch notes article.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    EA_Andy can I ask you did you guys already find a bottleneck of the delay problem? Or did you see other further problems atm? Is the problem because AWS (Amazonaws)?
  • bberger
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the continued reports.

Remember specifics are what we need instead of "gameplay was good just now, or delay was bad":

- Platform
    - PSN ID / Gamertag / Origin ID
    - Timestamp + timezone
    - ISP
    As for future updates - not sure when they might be coming at the moment but we did recently open up the in-game survey to more people to get a larger pool of info.

Once we have more to share we'll likely do it via a pitch notes article.

First of all thank you for a life sign, it's appreciated, even if it doesn't seem like it at times and we get annoying and nasty.

Secondly, if it actually gets looked at and does help improve things I'll gladly provide detailed reports.

I'd even go a step further and add the Server location, hostname, IP and tickrate/ping to it.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    I can drop here a list of around 40-50 dedicated servers from last weekend that I connected. All round 17-20ms and I see the tickrates from the servers be honest they are far away from CS GO standarts.
  • bberger
    I can drop here a list of around 40-50 dedicated servers from last weekend that I connected. All round 17-20ms and I see the tickrates from the servers be honest they are far away from CS GO standarts.

Yeah, fully agreed. The only reason I'd like to add them anyways is to make a point.
  • bberger
    @EA_Andy is there anything to address our issues in the current patch?
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Game play consistently horrible yet again. Slow game play, unresponsive players, button delay of seconds. Of the 1200 losses I've had in 19, I have marked 920 due to me forfeiting games as they are unplayable in various degrees. No, my internet and connection Is not the issue, your glossy game is
  • MartinKusev
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    There is implemented DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY ADJUSTMENT in EA Games since 2017 or maybe even before. The servers is not the reason of our input delay. All fifa players in the world have same problem - Unresponsive gameplay. Every single card player attribute can be manipulate in-game to keep the fifa player interested in the game. That's why sometimes TOTY or TOTS cards can't score or hit the target.
  • Glad to hear such news from the devs but i am still afraid because i still find it hard to believe that you listened to the community. All the updates that were taken out during the entire fifa 19 phase were against the will of all the community preferences. not even a single change could be seen or felt in the game. first and foremost it would be most appreciated if you can release some statements/apologies etc in case there are outages like we have all seen throughout the past month. secondly please stop the scripting part where a server suddenly changes and favors the opponent drastically as one can immediately feel the change when the pace of the game goes from super fast to super low in an instant. last but not the least and the most important part are the game mechanics which are stupendous. if required then please postpone the game but do not release an unfinished game which would literally kill the fun factor for everyone. just play it yourself before releasing it out for god sake.

• bberger
    The game is flat out unplayable again. Everything is stuck in the mud..

PS4, steiNetti, VDSL wired, 1pm, GMT+1
  • bberger
    edited June 3
    Right now it was a breeze to play. Fluid and responsive. Wish it was always like this.

Rivals, PS4, 11pm - 2am GMT+1
  • Yaaqov
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 3
    @EA_Andy You want examples:
    here is one for you, a faultiest outside the box, yet conceded a penalty:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgJlsO5Gz1uyp1VNZqB9ySq60ERx

and how about this one:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApX0zKJohh8-be4P-W3ot87hmuU

this is a faultiest, should not be a goal. According to the rules, the ball is in possession of the GK if the ball is between his hand and an other surface (either ground or foot). This is attacking of a GK with ball in possession and attacker should receive a yellow card for that.

Btw, I am on XBOX
  • I'm a beginner. In April I completed one year of FIFA. I concentrate on Ultimate. After 3,500 matches I was able to map all types of hadcaps and momentums. However, I have also identified that the game is programmed to generate various manipulations, both for and against. I took the time to understand these manipulations. They consist of:
    1. Reduce / increase player stats
    2. Change the type of assistance configured in the control
    3. Reduction / increase in the accuracy of passes, kicks and especially, standing
    4. Changes in the actions / reactions and dispositions of players controlled by IA

I also noticed in which situations the EA activates these manipulations:

1. Transition games (rising from division in Rivals; Moving from Silver 2 to Silver 1 in the Weekend League, for example)
    2. In Rivals games with opponents who are not ranked for WL when you are
    3. In games with beginning opponents, who are starting to play FIFA,

Sometimes we are able to overcome this manipulation, sometimes we can not.

This practice used by EA, which is likely to have commercial justifications, has exceeded its limits.

It affects the sense of justice that prevails in the concept of competitiveness of any human being.

As a consequence of this, you can not enjoy yourself, because in several situations, you do not accept what happened.

This reality implemented by EA has the main subject in the most diverse forums of the FIFA community, with importance equal to the problems of performance of the Servers, especially in the games of weekend.

I would like to ask: is this practice of manipulating games not being changed in FIFA 20?
  • Duncan1972
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    rim6uwp5cr32.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a new pitch notes articles talking about updates on FIFA gameplay responsiveness efforts.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have about this in this thread.

What a joke.

The vast majority of this was flagged months ago and nothing was done to fix any of it.

Yet when it’s time to promote next years game you come out with all this as If the user base should be happy that we are effectively paying for the patch we should have received months ago.

To cap it all since the last update game performance has hit an all time low.

Last Fifa for me- purely because EA are quite clearly taking the **** out of their fans.

It’s quite frankly insulting to your users.