PITCH NOTES | UPDATE ON FIFA GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS

Comments

  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Quickupdate from my part:
    Now that the servers are back online... Gameplay is even worse than before. I'd say you, EA, have just managed a new low inpud delay wise. I'm seriously not joking when I'd say we now have up to 1-1.5 seconds of input delay.

    Might even measure it and put a video on YouTube. Maybe I'll also start recording a few games and send those to some colleagues who are still active game journalists and content creators and can speak freely about all those issues..

    It's getting so bad and careless right now it really needs to get some media attention..
  • forearms
    4688 posts National Call-Up
    I dont remember the input, or collision issues when FIFA was on the Ignite engine. It's obvious, and this has been mentioned on here by others, that Frostbite has really helped kill this franchise, and EA as a whole.
  • KanekiKen
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 9
    @EA_Andy please stop sending out random updates. Your updates are only making the game worse. [Watch the language]
    Post edited by EA_Andy on
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy can you maybe already say what will the next patch include?

    Sometimes I ask me if these updates are just brainwashed infos for the community or effective one that will upgrade the game atleast. But that's my view of point from these infos that I red until now.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    It's funny how good gameplay can be when nobody is online. Was a pleasure playing while the CL match.

    Just wished it could always be fluid and responsive like that..
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy any updates about the new telemetrie tool still no evaluation? Why I have always the feeling that every comment that we write here has no aspect on any update/infos?
  • DFC1983
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    Every week that goes by 'GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS' as you call it is worse and worse. Yesterday and this morning I'm getting a 3 player switch lag delay. What I mean by that is I'm pressing buttons but nothing is happening and then eventually 3 player switches later the players are responding to the original command. Absolute joke. The gameplay is completely broken.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    Every week that goes by 'GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS' as you call it is worse and worse. Yesterday and this morning I'm getting a 3 player switch lag delay. What I mean by that is I'm pressing buttons but nothing is happening and then eventually 3 player switches later the players are responding to the original command. Absolute joke. The gameplay is completely broken.

    Yep. Additionally servers are down (again). Haha..
  • Bakern
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited May 10
    bberger wrote: »
    DFC1983 wrote: »
    Every week that goes by 'GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS' as you call it is worse and worse. Yesterday and this morning I'm getting a 3 player switch lag delay. What I mean by that is I'm pressing buttons but nothing is happening and then eventually 3 player switches later the players are responding to the original command. Absolute joke. The gameplay is completely broken.

    Yep. Additionally servers are down (again). Haha..

    Edit: Not here...
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    This company is nothing but crooks hope they go bankrupt after these loot box laws go into effect and all these corrupt puppets lose their jobs
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    @EA_Andy just to remind/confirm: Gameplay responsiveness is still shockingly bad and inconsistent.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Nice.. now I got kicked out in the 117th in WL while drawing a shambolicly sluggish game and got a loss.

    Thank you for the certainty that I now have to spend another 20 real life minutes on that great game to finish..
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 13
    bberger wrote: »
    Nice.. now I got kicked out in the 117th in WL while drawing a shambolicly sluggish game and got a loss.

    Thank you for the certainty that I now have to spend another 20 real life minutes on that great game to finish..

    I'll have to take that one back.. that actually was on my end.

    Gameplay was/is horrible though nonetheless.

    As always, thank you for keeping us updated on your ongoing efforts to solve the unresponsive and sluggish gameplay! We customers appreciate it when a company takes gamebreaking problems seriously and
    transparently communicate to their customers :wink:
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    And we're back into taking 3 additional steps before changing directions, shooting instead of tackling, tackling instead of crossing etc. while the opponent pulls of skill move after skillmove and pingpong passing with green timed finish one after the other while my players refuse to turn or shoot at all.

    Nice.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    @EA_Andy Well, I think I have figured it out. I don't care if I get banned for this, but this is 100% reproducible, every single time:

    Since I have again switched back to my silver squad (4* rating) I noticed that the sluggishness was gone immediately. Input delay was there on occasion, but that terrible, terrible stuck in the mud gameplay was gone and I started getting hate messages about sluggish gameplay from my opponents..

    I then put enough high rated golds on the bench to get a 5* squad rating > 80. Boom. Sluggish and unresponsive.

    Reverted back to 4*: fluid and responsive.

    Then made a full TOTS EFL Squad. 85 rated. Sluggish and unresponsive again.

    Then bronze benched and changed to 4* rated squad.
    Result?
    Absolutely fluid and responsive. My Butland all of a sudden making DDG type of saves, TOTW Weiman hitting rockets, Huddlestone with 30odd pace catching CR7 from behind..

    Same thing again, upped the bench to 5* => unresponsive, sluggish, muddy. Revert to bronze bench: fluid.

    So I think you have a massive bug in your code that messes up slider adjustments (please, do not deny that this wasn't ever there. In 07 or 08 (?) EA even promoted this in H2H seasons, low rated teams getting a boost so you can compete with your favourite teams against Real Madrid etc.

    @EA_Andy do with that information as you please. Either EA dev will fix this mess or they already know this - then please, please, please implement this in a way it doesn't comoletely destroy gameplay..

    This has nothing to do with the server issues (input lag, disconnects etc), but seems to be a massive, unrelated issue all by itself...
  • At this point in this game, It is pointless to ask for a patch or fix the server issue. I don't even care about the TOTS promo, 95 Ibra still misses an open net and 1 v 1and scores from unreal angels... lol, the gameplay is still slow and sluggish, this game is torture. The skill gap is very low, a noob will beat you with some volley crosses and manual goalkeeping and he thinks he is very good at this game. @EA_Andy Just Please let us know that EA can't fix this game and we will shut up and wait for FIFA 20 which will also gonna be the worst FIFA ever. It is 100% possible Because we thought nothing would surpass FIFA 18's awfulness but here we are with the champ of all time "FIFA 19".
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy at the weekend I was in Barcelona and played some Games with my PS4 Pro. Result game runs like at home but with more delay. This Game is absolutely broken. I hope for all Fifa Producers that you change the Engine in Fifa20 with the Netcode otherwise it's hopeless because this Engine is not clean and not patchable for a fluid fair game experience.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    The Community want just 1 thing a Game that makes fun to play. Sadly that I play 95% of 1400 Games with Delay that will get more and more broken after week to week. Sometimes I hear that sound with the chorus "And an another one" xD hahahah sorry
  • shirbavikar
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Just wanted to say I lost to a guy who just doesn't know anything about FIFA. He was just crossing and parking the bus the entire time and my SBC van Persie can't score a clear chance 3-4 times. This is the best game ever created! Please never fix this game! I love this game so much that I will never play this game ever again. Thank you so much @EA_Andy.
  • KanekiKen
    8 posts Ball Boy
    @EA_Andy please take this trash and put it where it belongs i.e the bin if that isn't common sense to you guys (which going by your crap updates and blame games on the community, you guys don't seem to have). and give us our money back. **** scripted gameplay.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited May 16
    Yesterday I tried few games to complete this ToTW Challenge in DR. I'm at 2400 Points so lets say I can play but holy s... the runs so damn fast with rubberbanding effect it's unplayable I had around 300-500ms delay near impossible to time good shoots at the end. It feels that I have 0 control about my players sometimes they intercepted balls like crazy with no reason. Than I have Players on the field that just standed around and picked up some flowers... I avoid this part of the game because DR is unbalanced scripted trash. You play against good very good players with more Delay than in the WL. At the end I don't enjoy this mode because of this dedicated servers. Your content is really good no way but when you it comes to play this game it's frustrating so much because I don't have 1 match that is fair not for my side and the other also.

    @EA_Andy @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_Rtas

    The community is still waiting for a statement about current gameplay and problems.

    Please interact like other companies with the community to make a good game better.


    ps. I was the last days in Barcelona with also nice Internet there 200mb wired but it was like at home delay delay delay games no fluid games in WL and DR. At first I had some hope because it could be that my ISP f*** up but no.

  • G04TZ
    71 posts Park Captain
    Sort the delay out this is shocking
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    G04TZ wrote: »
    Sort the delay out this is shocking

    This. Again. Un play able. And I'm having the best start to WL ever, still not enjoyable and 100% grind.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Players running in the wrong direction again. Slide tackling the ball in front of an open net.

    My ST sliding to block shots from my CAM.

    Good game EA. So consistently bad.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    And an another frustrated weekend league I decided to play my remaining 8 Games at 23:00 CET Sunday. Permantely one side Delay on my side definitely more than my oppenent :C it didn't matter if I was home or away same crap gameplay. No fun at all I played against really not so good players but when green TF 5m in front of the goals permanently blocked by AI or Goalkeeper it drives me crazy. Than I conceded Goals after Rebound Party or players didn't register a pass in defensive line or didn't want to make a header etc.

    EA where is the first summary of the telemetric tool?

    Yesterday I played Fifa17 for good old flashback time it was so fun ok the movement is not so smooth like in Fifa19 but I can do what I press and the AI is good and not so active that I can perfectly defend etc. shoots are so good and most of the time a 1vs1 is a goal. Had first time after more than a half a year fun in just 1 match against bots.

    Please allow your Gamechangers to decide and say what you have to change otherwise I see bad times...
  • After many, many, many updates, the game feels as sluggish as ever. I honestly don’t play that much online, so speaking about offline, the gameplay sucks.

    •My players with 90+ ball control can’t do first touches ever and if they do succeed on doing a good first touch, the player will just stay in the same place, letting the opponent grab the ball from you.

    •The running is laggy since players will take years in order for them to start running even with a great acceleration, and they’ll still be slow in comparison to every other player in whichever team I’m playing against. I’ll literally have my Marco Reus (92) get easily caught by Coates or Orban (examples).

    •The AI will pretty much intercept every single shot, seemingly being in a perfect position every time.

    •80% of good tackles will do nothing, for the opponents will somehow still have the ball after the tackle thanks to some miraculous ball bounces and whatnot.

    •Against every team, when they’re defending they’re impenetrable. No through pass or high pass will beat the defending wall. 8/11 players stay inside the box until the player loses possession.

    I’m not a bad player, nor am I a pro. Being honest I’m good, so having this happen every single time I play, differently from past FIFA games is unsettling. I just wish the support staff would really read and care about the constant complaints, since it’s been a while now and people keep posting and complaining about the same without any good response.

  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Just for Information:
    The game turned from actually being playable and responsive to completely unplayable at pretty much exactly 3pm GMT today, mid game.

    PS4, Austria (Europe).

    It's always nice when a company takes customer feedback abiut gamevreaking problems seriously and doesn't need almost 3 years to (not) address it.

    As always, keep up the good communication with you community! It's nice knowing EA cares about it's playerbase!
  • MartinKusev
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    With my 88 team, i have to match up with 90 rated team and then maybe ill have good gameplay. But he would get bad gameplay. This is EA's balance - every game tied up by script for the cheaper team. If the teams are with equal prices - bad gameplay for both, but not the baddest. After that one of the sides maybe will buy coins. People manipulation! The servers are smaller problem!
  • MartinKusev
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    bberger wrote: »
    @EA_Andy Well, I think I have figured it out. I don't care if I get banned for this, but this is 100% reproducible, every single time:

    Since I have again switched back to my silver squad (4* rating) I noticed that the sluggishness was gone immediately. Input delay was there on occasion, but that terrible, terrible stuck in the mud gameplay was gone and I started getting hate messages about sluggish gameplay from my opponents..

    I then put enough high rated golds on the bench to get a 5* squad rating > 80. Boom. Sluggish and unresponsive.

    Reverted back to 4*: fluid and responsive.

    Then made a full TOTS EFL Squad. 85 rated. Sluggish and unresponsive again.

    Then bronze benched and changed to 4* rated squad.
    Result?
    Absolutely fluid and responsive. My Butland all of a sudden making DDG type of saves, TOTW Weiman hitting rockets, Huddlestone with 30odd pace catching CR7 from behind..

    Same thing again, upped the bench to 5* => unresponsive, sluggish, muddy. Revert to bronze bench: fluid.

    So I think you have a massive bug in your code that messes up slider adjustments (please, do not deny that this wasn't ever there. In 07 or 08 (?) EA even promoted this in H2H seasons, low rated teams getting a boost so you can compete with your favourite teams against Real Madrid etc.

    @EA_Andy do with that information as you please. Either EA dev will fix this mess or they already know this - then please, please, please implement this in a way it doesn't comoletely destroy gameplay..

    This has nothing to do with the server issues (input lag, disconnects etc), but seems to be a massive, unrelated issue all by itself...

    They know it, bro! it's in fifa before 2010! The question is "Is it on purpose because of coins buying or it was a feature back in fifa 08 and now it is a critical bug". I think the answer is somewhere in the middle and they don't know what to do... So they are just hiding!
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 23
    Gameplay is atracious once again.. Gamespeed is like suuuupeeeeer sloooooooow mooooootioooooon..

    I just wish they'd just truthfully show how good/bad the connection is gonna be BEFORE entering a match..
Sign In or Register to comment.