PITCH NOTES | UPDATE ON FIFA GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS

Comments

• bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy Can you let us know if there are anymore gameplay updates being worked on? Or is this what we are stuck with?

I'm not asking for dates or details just a simple yes or no? At least we know where we stand, the silence and lack of communication is deafening as always.

• bberger
    edited April 25
    @EA_Andy PS: please send me that tool.

There is no sense handing it out to people who clearly have zero to none knowledge of their network configuration and are stuck on homemade problems by their ISP or their nrtwork configuration.

You should hand it out to people that actually get screwed over by FIFA's netcode and servers..

Seems like EA really has massive problems asking the right guys for feedback. Starts with the Beta-Tester selection (is it sill UK only?! Good way to highlight infrastructure and netcode problems.. -> NOT).

This is not only not getting better with each iteration, it actually gets worse.

Right now there are like 3 different types of connection issues caused on EAs side:
    - players stuck in mud and slow motion gameplay
    - one sided delay / one sided players stuck in mud
    - and since about 2 weeks we now also have fluid gameplay (players not stuck in mud) but with added 0.5 seconds input delay, weird animations (like balls changing trajactory mid air etc) and players completely ignoring inputs at times.

Forget about speedup lag and disconnects. 90% of those actually are the user's connection's fault.. the oroblems go way beyond that.

WL and Rivals gameplay is at an all time low. Both in quality and fairness. I'd rather play all games peer-to-peer again. At least when it lags there it lags like a "normal" game would.. and not like a chewing gum stuck in my face..

Maybe, just maybe that "players stuck in mud thing" is just an effect of lag compensation trying to slow the game down so the servers can process it, maybe it's a glitch on slider value manipulation (as we get something VERY similar at times in Squad Battles too). Not saying it is deliberate, but after #chemgate one would think you may just want to listen to the massive comminity feedback, just one single time..

#fixfifaPLEASE
  • forearms
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    What are the chances that "contain" gets removed next year? It is without a doubt the most moronic feature of a game that is supposed to be about user input.
  • bberger
    edited April 25
    That silence speaks volumes...

I think I'll go here asking for answers and an update on a daily basis now until we finally get an answer..

Not sure if it beats talking to a wall, but at least I'll be trying...
  • KRANG00
    1739 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »

I think I'll go here asking for answers and an update on a daily basis now until we finally get an answer..

You'll get a ban before you get any answers or feedback around here.
  • forearms

Take a look at last years debacle with the missing traits. They still refuse to talk about it.
  • Jfo88
    22621 posts Club Captain
    source.gif
  • MartinKusev
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited April 26
    KRANG00 wrote: »

You'll get a ban before you get any answers or feedback around here.

You won't get a ban, but if your post isn't constructive enough for Andy, it will be removed immediately. They read, but they are hiding.

@bberger Bro, Andy sees your comments, maybe someone else from EA too, but THEY won't give you a feedback till you offend them... Believe me they delete posts and send personal messages so fast :D

Now at least i know they've read it all. We can just hope, they will understand what is the problem of that money money oriented (not esport money oriented) game...
  • bberger
    Hmm.. how much longer do we have to put up with that dreadful online "experience"?

This game is a lagging (unresponsive, delayed, stuck in mud) **** show.. gets worse every week..

Yet you people **** around with surveys ob some of your game changers?! Just play your **** game for once. 1 Minute, hell, 10 seconds in gameplay should be enough to identify that there is a massive problem..

Stop **** around and fix your game already! It's been YEARS since this mess was enjoyable and playable..
  • bberger
    edited April 30
    Yesterday (monday) from 9.30pm to around 11.30pm was fine (=best possible experience like it should always be, responsive and consistent gamespeed) for the first time in ages.

6.30pm to 7.30pm was horrendous though.. not as bad as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but not far off (horrendous slowness and input delay)

Times in GMT, Austria (EU), connected to Frankfurt Servers.. (Weekend League)
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited April 30
    Yesterday I played WL 10 Games from 18:00-19:30 and from 21:00 - 22:30. Every game was stupid delayed I thought ok come on maybe less Players because it's extended. But it was no fun so much rebound and deflected Balls 50/50 were ridiculous and ended in a massive PingPong Festival. This Game makes less fun from week to week. Than I went watch some WL Streams Proownez etc. omg they flipped out because the same points at the end when the Esportlers say this Game makes no fun anymore it's time to react.
    Hope dies last for that gameplay that it should be "without lags,delay, DC Glitch Users" a fair fun game to play.

Times in GMT, Switzerland (EU) connected to Frankfurt Servers, wired Cat7 with Fiber 1Gbit. Ping under 20ms to the servers but when I play it feels like 2-500ms.
  • Koolfashion
    2656 posts Fans' Favourite
    b00st88ch wrote: »
    Yesterday I played WL 10 Games from 18:00-19:30 and from 21:00 - 22:30. Every game was stupid delayed I thought ok come on maybe less Players because it's extended. But it was no fun so much rebound and deflected Balls 50/50 were ridiculous and ended in a massive PingPong Festival. This Game makes less fun from week to week. Than I went watch some WL Streams Proownez etc. omg they flipped out because the same points at the end when the Esportlers say this Game makes no fun anymore it's time to react.
    Hope dies last for that gameplay that it should be "without lags,delay, DC Glitch Users" a fair fun game to play.

Times in GMT, Switzerland (EU) connected to Frankfurt Servers, wired Cat7 with Fiber 1Gbit. Ping under 20ms to the servers but when I play it feels like 2-500ms.

next time lower overall of your first 11, works like a charm. I removed my DDG, Prime ballack and fullbacks, replaced them with areola, fred, van anholt and arias and suddenly my gameplay was awesome for whole WL games during peak hours.
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    @Koolfashion ok but I spent an amount of money in this game to put myself a little bit higher as the casual gamer to be competitive. At the end for Fifa 19 it was all for nothing under this circumstances...
  • bberger
    edited April 30
    Yeaaaaaahhh.. so after the latest patch I now have fluid gameplay..

...with a full second delay!!!

How this can get worse from week to week and from patch to patch is beyond me..
  • forearms
    Well, at least they will be transparent and answer everyone's questions.

🤣🤣🤣
  • bberger
    edited May 1
    forearms wrote: »
    Well, at least they will be transparent and answer everyone's questions.

🤣🤣🤣

At least they can't tell everyone in a press release they didn't know how bad it is anymore.. they will cover it up in as many vague words as they can to please shareholders but at some point that house of cards is bound to fold..

Many people are already staying away from EA and Frostbite titles and it's only going to get worse..

They'll nedd to wake up at some point.. just hoping for them it won't be too pate then..
  • bberger
    Just for your info:
    It is back in mud-mode now. Completely sluggish and unresponsive..

Frankfurt Servers against an English opponent.

I'd rate the game I just had a solid 0.5 stars out of 5. On par with the worst possible ecperience.
  • bberger
    edited May 1
    Two games later:
    One delayed, but smooth(-ish) game against someone from Greece. He quit after 2-0 down, so I'd guess it was worse for him.

1.5 of 5 stars. Barely playable, but at least smooth-ish..

----

Second game against someone from spain:
    Started fine, a liitle delay, but it was nice, maybe a 3.5* of 5 game.

Second half: game became a nightmare and unresponsive, sluggish mess for me. Down to one of the worst experiences possible, like 0.5* sluggish, delayed, players passing in the wrong direction and doing random skills bad.

Messages my opponent after the game asking if the game changed for him after HT and he replied "no, was fine for me the whole game".

----

I think I'm done with that mess.. it becomes time I stop investing energy in this farce.. the only solution will be to delete this game and physically destroy the copy.
    Night even make a youtube video out of it. Hopefully it gets viral..

//Edit: just to be clear - all of this is 5 of 5 green bar server connection gameplay and maybe 500km from the Frankfurt servers... the state of this game is in-excusable..
  • shirbavikar
    14 posts Ball Boy
    You can only PRAY now for Fifa 20!

Please don't try to fix the connection coz I know you can't. Inconsistency in gameplay is very common since FIFA 18. The gameplay is even slower and sluggish after the new update. You are making this game even worse. If you have a little bit of intelligence left, make this game fun and payable even in a bad connection. If you would have listened to the real feedbacks from this community, you would have removed manual Goal Keeping and nerfed the AI defending long ago, which is the real fix to this game BTW. Yes, the connection is a big issue but you really need to listen to the real feedback instead of updating spearhead of the players.
  • bberger
    You can only PRAY now for Fifa 20!

Please don't try to fix the connection coz I know you can't. Inconsistency in gameplay is very common since FIFA 18. The gameplay is even slower and sluggish after the new update. You are making this game even worse. If you have a little bit of intelligence left, make this game fun and payable even in a bad connection. If you would have listened to the real feedbacks from this community, you would have removed manual Goal Keeping and nerfed the AI defending long ago, which is the real fix to this game BTW. Yes, the connection is a big issue but you really need to listen to the real feedback instead of updating spearhead of the players.

Yeah, but those are different construction sites. A triple AAA title shouldn't suffer from connection issues like that.. moving to dedicated servers on top of Frostbite is killing EA as a whole, not only in FIFA..
  • bberger
    Right this moment gameplay is perfect for me. Solid 5/5. No delay, no mud whatsoever. My players do what I want them to do, when I want them to do it.

DR, from around midnight (GMT) onwards..

Just wosh it could always be like this..
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    Yesterday I tried myself again in Div1 during 14:00 - 16:00 and 18:00 - 19:00 time.

With Cable it's fluid with massive Delay 2-500ms
    With WLAN 5Ghz it's a little bit slower less Delay around 1-300ms

Every Game I have 5 green bar. Pinged the server after a Game was around 15-25ms.

I know where is the PROBLEM EA you also?

Lag Compensation is maybe broken because low tickrates from your server or the bigger problem ->
    there is always this traffic server before the server that generates that delay it's 1-2 Server hops before final pinged Gameserver I don't know why you routed your Hops to US and back to the Gameserver (Statistics?)

At the end It would be nice if gamers like me could test your Telemetrie Tool for a proper Feedback because I have maybe more basic knowledge for a better detailed way to make the game better for all people.

If yöu want contact me PS4 ID: b00st88ch for further instructions (email you will see in my account I think :))
  • bberger
    Horrendous again.. just saying..
  • MartinKusev
    47 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy, so many constructive feedbacks and you still hiding :D Good job, EA! Just tell us... Are you stupid or you try to rob us in the stupidest way?
  • bberger
    This game is so far from competitive it's laughable.

How am I supposed to be able to compete when my players randomly shoot 2 seconds later instead of tackle? Or get a red when slide tackling instead of crossing?

My 99 ball control Verratti can't control a ball for his life, my GK backpaddling a 1mph roller into the net, and my players in front of an open goal just refuse to shoot?

Good job! Especially on solving the problem after several years and the good comminication that comes with it :-)
  • bberger
    Game today was perfectly fine for me from around when the servers came back up, up to until approx 12 GMT.

Now we,re back to unplayable muddyness..
  • Bakern
    47 posts Park Captain
    What a joke of a company, **** gameplay, servers down, what's next?
  • bberger
    Funny thing is.. the last few days I thought
    "there is no way this mess could get any worse".

Boy was I ever this wrong.. :flushed:
  • KanekiKen
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Shove this update up yours, ****