Full icon teams is it fun.

thackattack
160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Quick question, is it actually fun to pay literally 1000s of £s for an insane team? I mean its basically playing the game on easy mode as the majority of people you get matched up against will have average teams at around 86-87 overall rating. I just dont see how that could be fun. Dont you want to be challenged???

Comments

• ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    I think that’s some people’s “Ultimate Team”...
  • Fccheek
    706 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes. It’s very fun.
  • You don't have to spend money, trading.....
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    ha032742 wrote: »
    I think that’s some people’s “Ultimate Team”...
    Yeah this. I have about a 14 million coin team, nothing insane but pretty stacked and I have fun. :)
  • DevineAaron
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You don't have to spend money, trading.....

Yeah how does that work? I think it's near impossible to have a great team without spending a cent.
  • ITSSPENO
    1979 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 10

Yeah how does that work? I think it's near impossible to have a great team without spending a cent.

Fairly easy mate, I don't really put any effort in and I'm at 10 mil+ from just stocking up maybe once a week and hitting relist.
  • bigpokey24
    4859 posts Big Money Move
    There is no fun beating a lesser team...either we are on par or slightly better. I don't know how people with mega teams prefer stumping on lesser teams..smh
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hate my 15m+ team, most are untradeable from icon SBCs. I wish I could sell them all and start again. Ruined my game spending a lot on FP
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11860 posts Has That Special Something

Far from impossible mate. I stopped trading around Christmas time bar the 60 85s on my TP and also have a club stacked with cards for sbcs.

2cncbn.jpg
  • Jonboyparker
    5294 posts Big Money Move

Coins are easy to come by with a little trading. Some basic methods and youre soon at 10m transfer profit. Some coin management and you can stick that all in your team. Need to avoid the sbc's that don't offer value for money.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    1076 posts Professional
    I like having my team but I do wonder if it’s part of the reason I’m bored with the game. WL rewards are also no fun for me anymore.
  • Nodge86
    1253 posts Professional
    Quick question, is it actually fun to pay literally 1000s of £s for an insane team? I mean its basically playing the game on easy mode as the majority of people you get matched up against will have average teams at around 86-87 overall rating. I just dont see how that could be fun. Dont you want to be challenged???

It’s more fun having a full icon team and not having paid a penny
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 10
    its the same bs than with a meta gold team .... winning all games on friday, about 10 - 0 then , saturday loosing 8 out of 10 games (no matter at all if against full icons team or 84- rated) , with most of the games way more shots on target and lots of fantastic poleshots, slapstick gols from oponents + a lot of ball bouncing when tackling (which barely happens at the beginning of WL) .... and then sunday back to normal with mostly wins, and some losses against opponents that are just better .... Same every weekend ... doesn't matter if with full icon team or not (trust me, i tried it)... How can people still not realize, that the team barely makes a different in the result in WL?!?!?
  • hayhor1
    14431 posts Has That Special Something

Far from impossible mate. I stopped trading around Christmas time bar the 60 85s on my TP and also have a club stacked with cards for sbcs.

2cncbn.jpg

I'm sorry but a squad show off with peasant Lucas is funny 🤣
  • hayhor1

I haven't spent nearly that and have a 90+ rated team. How's that?
  • thackattack
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    Do the people who have traded their way up to good teams have fun trading for hours on the market? It must take so many hours each day to be able to accumulate 10m gold in profit you could have gone to work and earned money to buy the way up instead haha. Or is it more not wanting to give EA money.
    Not trolling just interested.
  • hayhor1
    Do the people who have traded their way up to good teams have fun trading for hours on the market? It must take so many hours each day to be able to accumulate 10m gold in profit you could have gone to work and earned money to buy the way up instead haha. Or is it more not wanting to give EA money.

Its not even an hour a day. Search trading on the forum.There are multiple threads detailing some very good ways to trade that are not time consuming.
  • Fab
    18106 posts World Class
    I live in my parent's attic ever since I started my job 7 years ago so without having too pay too much rent, electricity and the likes I can spend around 8k quid on Fifa ever year. So those teams are worth it very much to me. Nothing like kicking off my boots after a workday, load up fifa and get 15 games in!
  • Moe_86
    1024 posts Professional
    It is a fun but not easy mood. Have no lag is an easy mood
  • Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    I traded to my 15 mil squad. I don’t have any fun in this crap of a game.

Sitting around 5m. I build a new team and am bored after 2-3 games. Giving up on FIFA for the foreseeable future
  • Giggs11
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fab wrote: »
    I live in my parent's attic ever since I started my job 7 years ago so without having too pay too much rent, electricity and the likes I can spend around 8k quid on Fifa ever year. So those teams are worth it very much to me. Nothing like kicking off my boots after a workday, load up fifa and get 15 games in!

You spend £8k on Fifa every year? And you live in your parents attic? Do you not want to think about prioritising things a little bit there? Like maybe putting some of that 8k towards getting your own place?
  • WarrenBarton
    8054 posts League Winner
    Giggs11 wrote: »

You spend £8k on Fifa every year? And you live in your parents attic? Do you not want to think about prioritising things a little bit there? Like maybe putting some of that 8k towards getting your own place?

Isn’t £8k kinda average round here? Don’t believe all that rtg crap people keep spouting. I only spent £7k but I have a toty Ramos so it’s worth it.
  • Fab
    18106 posts World Class
    Giggs11 wrote: »

They're not mutually exclusive! I put aside 3k each year for my own place. I hope to gather enough capital for a loan by 35 haha
  • lippyone
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 11

That money would be enough to have saved for a great deposit on your own house. You would be 56k better off, and probably just as happy with Fifa, or unhappy.

Although I can't talk, at that age I probably spent the equivalent on Cigarettes, beer and drugs, probably much more.
  • Jonboyparker
    5294 posts Big Money Move

Maybe 1 hour a week. Click mobile app. Search IF. Buy for good price. List high. Re list. Repeat. Not much to it really. Spend more time and get more coins. Depends what you want from the game.

Granted I only have 10m but im not really putting any effort into it like other good traders. It's half the fun of the game. I prefer accomplishing something rather than paying for it. The idea of giving EA money doesn't even cross my mind. I believe games are for playing, not paying.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It seems very boring.
  • hayhor1

How much are you losing to these teams?
  • RadioShaq
    15211 posts Moderator
    I would guess it depends if your trading most get bored as they have won the game so to say like wc was boring to a lot. If you like playing then you would enjoy having a good team.