Is winning a fix-all for you?

Juked By Neymar
3439 posts National Call-Up
I ask because I'm still not having fun. I took a 3 week break from the game, sold everything and was trading. Got a few players on some pretty good deals to flip and decided to try them out this WL (IF Ronaldo for one).

I played my first game, won on PK's and cbb to play another game on Friday because of how bad the gameplay felt. I've grinded through a few more games and I'm sitting at 7-2 now but it's not enjoyable to me at all. I feel like if I'm buying a new team with players such as IF Ronaldo and bored of the game after 5 games there's not much hope.

Anyone actually enjoy the game when they're winning? What do you do to have fun?

Comments

• greif44
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    I enjoy when I play vs someone who likes to play creative game without one-dimensional abusing of mechanics. I don`t get frustrated when I lose to those guys.
  • Juked By Neymar
    greif44 wrote: »
    I enjoy when I play vs someone who likes to play creative game without one-dimensional abusing of mechanics. I don`t get frustrated when I lose to those guys.

which is what, maybe 1-2 games out of every 30 in the WL? :neutral:
  • Skinner249
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've played 3 WL games today, won 2 lost 1, turned fifa off after each game. Keep going back because I need to reach silver 1 but really can't be bothered. The hangover probably doesn't help mind.
  • greif44
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    greif44 wrote: »

which is what, maybe 1-2 games out of every 30 in the WL? :neutral:

Sometimes in DR :)
  • RGib1990
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Actually enjoy evenly matched games where its really tight or playing people who are better than me who don't abuse mechanics.
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoy playing against people that play something that resembles actual football.

Was 12-2 on futchamps and starting matching up against people that la croqueta'd there way up the pitch.

Honestly, is this what they want their game to look like?

Its so **** embarassing
  • Shakkour
    215 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only ejjoy when playing against great players even if i lose the match but i just want to have fun and enjoy
    There’s many times that i lost against good players and been happy because they Gave me great match
    I dont care if lose or win as long I’m enjoying the game.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    No. most games I win i feel dirty. The game takes the pleasure that one should get from achievement away. Its why people love trading. Its a pure measure on how well you do it and you get punished for mistakes
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    I just wanna score really good goals.

By good I mean beautifully selected, clever passes leading to a simple finish.

I actually get over excited at really nice passes.
  • DeanoZoff

That was actually quite nice to read.

Better than the mugs that get a hard on from el tornado crosses and la croqueta's.

Honestly what a bunch of absolute **** the developers must be
  • Renamed123456
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Better than the mugs that get a hard on from el tornado crosses and la croqueta's.

One of my favourite passes is when my team is fully progressed up the field, and I play an almost perfectly horizontal through ball behind 2 defenders for my fullback to run onto *drool*

I might need to see a therapist regarding how satisfying it is.
  • DeanoZoff

One of my favourite passes is when my team is fully progressed up the field, and I play an almost perfectly horizontal through ball behind 2 defenders for my fullback to run onto *drool*

To me that sounds like football, the sport that this game is supposed to simulate

I try to play a similar style myself, full backs on overlap etc.

Gets me 20 wins a weekend when i cba to play enough.

I refuse to turn into a dragback and la croquesta spamming POS like 80% of the community.

Oh yea dont forget el tornado crosses..... so realistic!!!!
  • VENPATT
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes Its Fix in WL
  • Renamed123456

To me that sounds like football, the sport that this game is supposed to simulate

I try to play a similar style myself, full backs on overlap etc.

Gets me 20 wins a weekend when i cba to play enough.

I refuse to turn into a dragback and la croquesta spamming POS like 80% of the community.

Oh yea dont forget el tornado crosses..... so realistic!!!!

I try to play a perfect passing game. Is like a perfect chess move or something.

Only real time i croquetta is running down wing, cut back onto opposite foot, opponent expects this and overplays It, i croquetta back down the wing as they rush the cutback. Looks beautiful. Is a simple bluff. I use this kind of pattern in real life when playing sport. (Might see if I can elastic instead If Marcelo in this position)
  • smcali23
    1186 posts Professional
    Nah, I can be winning 5-0 and still not be happy. Mostly because the goals I worked hard for don't go in, but the awful ones do. It's sad really... No reward for good buildup play.
  • Jfo88
    22592 posts Club Captain
    edited March 10
    Wouldn’t care how people play if the connection was fair it’s blatantly obvious when one person has an advantage due to connection. One game your players fly all over the pitch the next they can barely move. All the problems with this game come down to the servers.
  • lippyone
    880 posts Semi-Pro
    Enjoy playing my friends in friendly seasons with the Mic on. Much less lag and far more fun with the mic on
  • Juked By Neymar
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t care how people play if the connection was fair it’s blatantly obvious when one person has an advantage due to connection. One game your players fly all over the pitch the next they can barely move. All the problems with this game come down to the servers.

Servers are an absolute embarrassment. How many years has this been an issue? Yet if we complain to EA or ask for a solution it all comes down to our internet not being good enough :lol: how the hell does every other online game I play work just fine. Hell my phone using wifi works just fine in comparison to running an ethernet connection for XBL
  • Adamc91
    58 posts Park Captain
    When i win its effortless easy game boring, when i loose my team cant do anything im not in control game is so bad ea are just money grabbing rip off merchants who say there games are fair😂😂 dont worry though begium banning fifa points will not affect their financial performance
  • alvchong
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 11
    I know whether i going to win or loss during the first in game 10-20 mins. I wanted to say it is fixed or may be i preferred to say i have pretty good and accurate prediction in WL. I also good at predicting pack opening...

totally agreed with @adamc91 , when the match matched to AI assist opponent, you just not in control of the game. Weird enough i will play through the match like zoombie... just let AI defend. Coz i wan to restore my team 2 fitness.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I was 5-1 this WL and i just gave up.

Not really fun when 80% of my goals are literally cut-backs, el-tornados and corners. Long shots hit the post too often or the GK keeps making super saves.
  • seabo
    1407 posts Professional
    The funny thing is when you actually do a great play for once by opening up the opponent, the game often doesn't let you score and then you end up scoring a trash goal or a rebound goal instead. Been in FIFA for years always annoyed me but keeps getting worse each year.
  • Kasuyo
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Servers are an absolute embarrassment. How many years has this been an issue? Yet if we complain to EA or ask for a solution it all comes down to our internet not being good enough :lol: how the hell does every other online game I play work just fine. Hell my phone using wifi works just fine in comparison to running an ethernet connection for XBL

Yeah I understand this, every time I speak with EA help its always my connection that is the problem. Until I proved it by doing his so called method and it was me finding it hard to connect to their servers.

I had to laugh and then he said its better if you wire up your xbox to router. Who are these guys? Not the best support are they if they can only come out with "its your connection"