What if all cards were dynamic?

emylonas
830 posts Semi-Pro
I know everybody thinks they’re entitled to suggest enhancements to the game... well, I’m no different.

I happen to have a problem with IF and other special cards. I think they have no resemblance to the real word... but what if IFs and special cards were boosted for a limited amount of time?

IFs would be boosted for that one week. POTM could be boosted for a whole month. Carniball could be bosted for a week. TOTY couldnbe boosted for a limited time too...

Don’t know if it would work. But I would see some resemblance to the real world. Would make all cards upgradable and useful during the entire season. Would add a lot of dynamics to the market.

* I imagine EA has considered this idea (not exactly a very original one). I wonder if they tested this and what may have been the reason to reject it.

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    No
  • emylonas
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    No

ok... maybe it’s a bad idea... would you elaborate on the reason why you think? I’m really interested... thank you! 😀
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Personally I like to slowly build up my team, would get quite frustrating I think to constantly reshuffle my team but then I guess it could lead to more variety.

One thing that needs to happen is the IF boost needs to be relevant to the real life performance, e.g. a center back scores a screamer and gets an IF with really good long shots. Then next time he scores two headers he gets a card with really good heading.

Would lead to some fun cards, more variety - do you want the long shot guy or a really good header and also stop issues like POTM/SBC cards getting over taken by IF since each IF would be independent and SBC cards could have a more general upgrade.
  • emylonas
    830 posts Semi-Pro

Mako_Sulu wrote: »
    Personally I like to slowly build up my team, would get quite frustrating I think to constantly reshuffle my team but then I guess it could lead to more variety.

One thing that needs to happen is the IF boost needs to be relevant to the real life performance, e.g. a center back scores a screamer and gets an IF with really good long shots. Then next time he scores two headers he gets a card with really good heading.

Would lead to some fun cards, more variety - do you want the long shot guy or a really good header and also stop issues like POTM/SBC cards getting over taken by IF since each IF would be independent and SBC cards could have a more general upgrade.

I lile this... Thanks for sharing, my friend!
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    It would be cool if all cards could shift rating based on performance. Needs to be up and down. They could just use the live ratings for kick off.

An IF card would have a locked in minimum rating higher than the base cards.

For example.

Gold Ederson base rating is 86. With a minimum of 82 and max of 89.

IF Ederson base is 87 - Minimum is 87, max is 90

SIF Ederson base is 88 - minimum is 88, max is 91

Or

G. Jesus base is 83. Min is 80, max is 87.

IF Jesus base is 85. Min is 85 max is 88.

SIF Jesus base is 86. Min is 86 max is 89.

• emylonas
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    It would be cool if all cards could shift rating based on performance. Needs to be up and down. They could just use the live ratings for kick off.

An IF card would have a locked in minimum rating higher than the base cards.

For example.

Gold Ederson base rating is 86. With a minimum of 82 and max of 89.

IF Ederson base is 87 - Minimum is 87, max is 90

SIF Ederson base is 88 - minimum is 88, max is 91

Or

G. Jesus base is 83. Min is 80, max is 87.

IF Jesus base is 85. Min is 85 max is 88.

SIF Jesus base is 86. Min is 86 max is 89.

nice!
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    I had a similar idea,

I said what if all cards were "live" but they never drop below their base stats.

So if players make totw they have those increased stats, and so long as they stay in form keep them. (Or maybe like as you say keep them for the week).

Will give it all a real life feel then as opposed to having a million unattainable cards. Especially if you join the game late.