UEFA License improvements

henryclay1844
1085 posts Professional
I know I know it's not a FUT discussion so I"m just talking into the void but what the heck I'm going to try.

So like the only thing non-FUT related other than the Chinese League (which was also a let down), for FIFA 19 was Champions League and EA did an ok job I guess, but they need to do more here is my list

1. Improve the Commentary. Wow is the Lee Dixon and Derek Rae commentary poor. The inflections in Rae's voice when you move into offensive zone are annoying and Dixon's comments about win your home match draw your away get tired the first time you hear them let alone the hundredth time, but the almost complete lack of team names used in commentary outside of the top 10 teams is shameful. How about you record commentary for Porto, Ajax, Villareal, CSKA Moscow, Celtic, Red Bull Salzburg and other teams that are in CL or EL like every single year?

2. License more teams that are in EL all the time. BATE Borisov, Ludogrotes, Red Star Belgrade, APOEL, ect. I'm sure you can find someone who works there who speaks English in the marketing department, or hire someone who can speak Bulgarian and get more deals done. It was reported no one even bothered to try and contact Red Star Belgrade. That is shameful.

3. Make Europa League play able in kick off and add generic knockout games for both EL and CL. Why do you have all the options to play a kickoff semi final or Polish cup final but not Europa League Game?

4. Make a full cut scene for the draw in Career mode, not that same lame screen that shows one stinking paper. Ha ha I ask for something in career mode ha ha ha.

5. Improve the trophy celebration cut scene. I don't give a rip about people who play online and skip cut scenes. When I grind out a full season I want to feel like I did something. Heck, if I play a one off final I want to feel rewarded for wining with a decent scene that reminds me of the real thing. Losers get silver medals are sad, winners get gold medals are happy and then lift the trophy and have the manager join in and have the trophy shared.

6. Trophy room in Career that shows your personal history and all teams history. Tell me that Liverpool and Nottingham have won it before.

7. Get that influx of money from qualifying in CM.

8. Europa League is almost a joke in England and Italy but a big deal for many smaller teams. Reflect this.

9. Dynamic lighting that allows some matches to start in twilight (like the final) and darken.

10. Youth League.

Comments

• Peanut2000
    989 posts Professional
    Get the English championship fully leceinsed as well. One of the best leagues in Europe
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who the hell is Derek Rae anyway? Haven't heard him commentate a single UCL game in these knockouts.

Should've just gone for Darren Fletcher for Champions League and Ian Darke for Europa League with a colourful side commentator. Robbie Savage would do! I know he divides opinion, but he's not monotone like Lee Dixon that you can tell is reading from a script.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2019
    1. Goal Updates. In CL matches there are no goal updates from other matches. Previous FIFA games such as FIFA 17 had this feature where goals are announced, including the goal scorer. Goal updates would be particularly useful in the group stages where goals from other matches change the current group standings and then the live group table can be shown on screen.

2. Trophy Celebration. When you win the Champions League, during the trophy celebration the on-pitch graphics and the commentator says 2019 winners even if you win it in a later season.

3. Group tables bug. There is a bug with the group tables where a team doesn't finish in the top 2 in the group even if their head to head record is better than teams that finish the group on the same points. More details here- https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/448765/champions-league-group-stage-table-should-be-fixed

4. Ad boards. The UEFA Champions League ad board that is in the middle pitch side during UCL matches is missing in some stadiums such as the Riverside.

5. Immersive Commentary. When you play a 2nd leg match in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the tie is very close, there is no feeling of tension or immersion from the commentators. For example, if the away team need just one goal to go through, the commentators don't mention this.

6. UEFA Champions League Online Mode. An online mode for the UCL would let you compete against real opponents in the worlds best club football competition.
    • The mode should be designed so you won't play against the same team twice during the knockout stages.
    • The matchmaker settings can allow you to choose to play against players of a similar skill level or be matched against random opponents. Your skill level would be based on your results in previous tournaments.
    Post edited by Cooler08 on
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Trophy celebrations would be better if they're actually celebrated by the entire squad and manager. I've had a star striker injured for 1 month before the end of season and when we won promotion to EPL, we lifted the trophy but he wasn't even there to celebrate. Moments like that just kill immersion.

And why is that only club captains can lift the trophy and even touch it? Pass it around for others.

Do a duo lift where 2 players lift up the trophy on certain celebrations. It needs to be randomised more so you get more various trophy celebrations. Add silly hats to the players heads and medals.

I would actually sit and watch it for 10 minutes if I had to. It's fun to win
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Trophy celebrations would be better if they're actually celebrated by the entire squad and manager. I've had a star striker injured for 1 month before the end of season and when we won promotion to EPL, we lifted the trophy but he wasn't even there to celebrate. Moments like that just kill immersion.

And why is that only club captains can lift the trophy and even touch it? Pass it around for others.

Do a duo lift where 2 players lift up the trophy on certain celebrations. It needs to be randomised more so you get more various trophy celebrations. Add silly hats to the players heads and medals.

I would actually sit and watch it for 10 minutes if I had to. It's fun to win

Yeah I mean it's probably so crummy because every with the attention of a midge that plays FUT online rages about skipping replays or anything, but I love to watch the trophy celebrations at the end of the season, (unless a team I hate wins of course) and they could do so much more with them. At least FIFA has actually changed theirs a bit in the past couple years so there may be hope. The WC 2010 celebrations were pretty great.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    Add the Europa League anthem to the game. I was sure that was going to be patched in but it still hasn't.
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    1. Goal Updates. In CL matches there are no goal updates from other matches. Previous FIFA games such as FIFA 17 had this feature where goals are announced, including the goal scorer. Goal updates would be particularly useful in the group stages where goals from other matches change the current group standings and then the live group table can be shown on screen.

2. Trophy Celebration. When you win the Champions League, during the trophy celebration the on-pitch graphics and the commentator says 2019 winners even if you win it in a later season.

3. Group tables bug. There is a bug with the group tables where a team doesn't finish in the top 2 in the group even if their head to head record is better than teams that finish the group on the same points. More details here- https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/448765/champions-league-group-stage-table-should-be-fixed

4. Ad boards. The UEFA Champions League ad board that is in the middle pitch side during UCL matches is missing in some stadiums such as the Riverside.

5. Immersive Commentary. When you play a 2nd leg match in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the tie is very close, there is no feeling of tension or immersion from the commentators. For example, if the away team need just one goal to go through, the commentators don't mention this.

6. UEFA Champions League Online Mode. An online mode for the UCL would let you compete against real opponents in the worlds best club football competition.
    • The mode should be designed so you won't play against the same team twice during the knockout stages.
    • The matchmaker settings can allow you to choose to play against players of a similar skill level or be matched against random opponents. Your skill level would be based on your results in previous tournaments.

Very good list some things I didn't think of. Hopefully they still care about non-colored card feedback.
  • Acidvenus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only a minor thing to most people but I'd like somewhere in career mode that explains where you need to finish to qualify for what.
    Obviously I know if I'm Arsenal for example top 4 gets me into champions league and then Europa league for the following couple of positions.

But if I want to try rise a team to glory in another league it would be nice to know what the criteria is on screen. It would encourage me to try someone obscure leagues. I usually only have one save for arsenal one for another European team (currently valencia) and sometimes a low rated team where Europe doesn't matter such as forest green.

Not sure if they purposely leave it out as fifa isn't always accurate. Can't say for this year but I remember one before expecting to qualify for the Europa league and I didn't, I even used Wikipedia to check qualifying criteria and I should have qualified.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Similar to above..

I lost the FA Cup final as Swansea to Liverpool, and they must have qualified for europe somewhere. But I was never told this until the following season when I just happened to be looking at my european objectives as well as the others and it stated 'Qualify for round of 32 in Europa League'.

There was nothing in any news articles or anything.

But, it's career mode and it is very sloppily run these days. Such a poor mode that you have to pay £50 to play.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5314 posts Big Money Move
    Still no Europa League anthem and they couldnt even get the correct portion of the Champions League anthem correct on launch!!
  • They won't listen to you buddy all they do nowdays is ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Richie827
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dailymail: 'It was reported no one even bothered to try and contact Red Star Belgrade. That is shameful for EA'.

Shame.