Is the market dead

ash_027
18 posts Last Pick at the Park
Has the market completely crushed because I notice 84 rated players going for absolutely nothing ???

Comments

• Yusuf11
    1693 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 9
    They need to release R9, R10 or Gullit for some of these golds to go up

And totw SBCs too
  • Sm0key_J0e
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game is dead.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    Game is dead until big boy icons come out. Then again 2 weeks after.
  • AdamH
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Big icons will not save the market. They are only accessible to a very small proportion of the player base.

Cards like FB Ibra, FB Luiz, Cech and even Hamsik are ESSENTIAL to reviving the market as they’re accessible to majority of the player base, relatively cheap and are generally good value for coins.
  • Surfy
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 10
    I feel like a sbc would only cause an uptick in the market for a small period of time. Once people complete those SBC's the coins are now completely wiped off the market, and are stuck in that SBC card, or am I missing something?
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    AdamH wrote: »
    Big icons will not save the market. They are only accessible to a very small proportion of the player base.

Cards like FB Ibra, FB Luiz, Cech and even Hamsik are ESSENTIAL to reviving the market as they’re accessible to majority of the player base, relatively cheap and are generally good value for coins.

The big icons will cause every thing to go up for a short period. A lot of people are invested and counting on them.
  • HullCity1904
    1396 posts Play-Off Hero
    this is weird i thought promos led to price spikes... when good sbcs drop

why is the opposite happening? because of lightning round?
  • Absting159
    6513 posts Moderator
    I haven't turned the game on in 2 weeks. The fact that this promo had 0 effect on anything shows how little people care anymore.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7208 posts Big Money Move

I saw a lightning round 30 mins in still 5k 100k packs left. Interest seems to have gone
  • Surfy
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    I'd be interested to hear what KPI's they look at to judge the engagement of a promo. Number of unique players on at a time, time it takes for promos to sell, total # of items listed at a given time, total # of SBC's completed.
  • BeefyRabouter
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Surfy wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear what KPI's they look at to judge the engagement of a promo. Number of unique players on at a time, time it takes for promos to sell, total # of items listed at a given time, total # of SBC's completed.

As if Ea would have KPIs to monitor things lol
  • Surfy
    881 posts Semi-Pro

a multi billion dollar publicly traded company definitely would, yes.
  • BernaLeo87
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    The game is dead.

• MikeyP_FC
    12720 posts Has That Special Something

a multi billion dollar publicly traded company definitely would, yes.

They have a ton of data I’m sure, like you said, but how they filter and sort is the question.
  • llcg04
    420 posts Sunday League Hero

The Problem is that These sbcs Are pretty expensive. You need 2 or 3 totw Players. That is why 84+ Players wont rise. Ea knows that lots of traders have invested
  • Campino
    25934 posts Player of the Year
    It’s pretty self explanatory

Lack of sbc’s that use 83/84 players + multiple promos with double packs that crushed the market, followed directly by another promo hasn’t given the market chance to stabilise or rise. Futbirthday will continue the trend then we’re at tots

The market will not rise again
  • Shaanxz
    19308 posts World Class
    Ps market is average around 5.2 million items on the market. Couple of months ago it was closer to 8 million
  • ha032742
    34219 posts Moderator
    edited March 11
    84s maybe crushed but PIMs are a gold mine if you have the coins obviously. Made near enough 4m just flipping PIM Gullit twice :*
  • Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 11
    Most 86+ have already stabilised and gone up 25+% from their lowest.
    Campino wrote: »

Lack of sbc’s that use 83/84 players + multiple promos with double packs that crushed the market, followed directly by another promo hasn’t given the market chance to stabilise or rise. Futbirthday will continue the trend then we’re at tots

There will be a TOTW SBC which will absolutely send 83-85 up again. Especially if (like last year) it's a "every TOTW ever" SBC.

• Primal
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Whoman wrote: »

There will be a TOTW SBC which will absolutely send 83-85 up again. Especially if (like last year) it's a "every TOTW ever" SBC.

TOTW is pretty dead this year though with all the special cards theyve released so the market wouldnt change
  • Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Primal wrote: »
    Whoman wrote: »

TOTW is pretty dead this year though with all the special cards theyve released so the market wouldnt change

People won't care, the average FIFA player is not exactly a 'hmm, let's way the cost-benefit here' type of person.