Another offsides glitch...that was a myth

DasPonyboy
199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited March 9
WL last night: Opponent is down big so in the last moments of the game he rushes the GK way out, I send a pass with Sane(upper left corner of pic) over to Raul who volleys it in....nope no goal. As you can see in the pic the game got confused as to who the last man was and treated the GK like he was instead of the CB who was what like 3 yards farther back? Thankfully this didn't happen in a 1-1 game.
263fok9.jpg
Post edited by DasPonyboy on

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    1410 posts Professional
    Like torn4do stated, goal keeper is consodered last man on their half of the field, so if you pass to someone behind the GK its offside, unless youre on your half of the field
  • A5B
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    Lmao
  • Deano2508
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    :joy:
  • DasPonyboy
    Oh so it was just me being stupid! Hooray! Glad I didn’t break my tv over it!

Thanks to Torn4do for the clarification and everybody is welcome for the laugh!
  • Torn4do
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Oh so it was just me being stupid! Hooray! Glad I didn’t break my tv over it!

Thanks to Torn4do for the clarification and everybody is welcome for the laugh!

No problem, certainly nothing to laugh at, you don’t know until you know 😉. It’s a fair question to ask! We all had to find out at some point! 👍
  • Renamed123456
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    It's second last man. Not last man.
  • Torn4do

To be fair most people describe the defender as last man which gets confusing in situations like this one.
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    edited March 9
    Now I reread it. It's second last. Not last
  • DasPonyboy
    Torn4do wrote: »

To be fair most people describe the defender as last man which gets confusing in situations like this one.

My avatar is Doofus Rick so I never stood a chance lol

• SomeNextGuy
    2606 posts Fans' Favourite
    You silly goose
  • Torn4do
    Not true, it's not offside. The rule says last player, doesn't specify goal keeper.
    In this one, goalie is the second to last defender.
    My guess is EA 's developer didn't thought about that. So goalie was not in the equation.

There needs to be 2 players between the attacker and the goal!

Otherwise there would never be offsides in games!
  • EA_Andy
    3095 posts EA Community Manager
    Lots of people get confused over this because the goalkeeper is forgotten about usually when looking at offside :)