Definitely connection that decides the win

Boysie91
6959 posts League Winner
Over the past 3 weeks playing WL this is my results. Using the same team for two weeks and played my last 5 games with the same team partly in week 3.

3 weeks ago: Had no lag 14 wins 2 loses.
2 weeks ago: Had no lag 14 wins 3 losses.
Last week: So much delay lost 3 of my first 5 games and finished 14 wins 5 losses.
Now: No lag apart from 1 game 11 wins 0 losses.

I feel bad for the people who always play with lag. It's so stressful and makes the game a nightmare to play.

EA really need to look into the servers to before they even touch gameplay because no matter what you do with the gameplay we won't get the feel for it with unpredictable servers.

Comments

• oneskyworld
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Totally agree with you. There's just no chance to have a win if you're with input lag, especially against drop back players.
    I have so many times, that I finally had an open in the zone, but my player just need to have an extra touch before he is able to do anything. Of course, he then swamped by other side defenders.
    And the shots when I was hitting the shoot button so hard to only get a weak shot either towards the goalie or way off the mark.
  • Boysie91
    6959 posts League Winner
    It's near impossible to tackle anyone who is doing drag skill moves with delay. Noticed a lot of missed easy shots too.
  • Recoba
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 9
    I prefer to see full icon teams than german team names on my opponent screen.
  • DanValletta
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Recoba wrote: »
    I prefer to see full icon teams than german team names on my opponent screen.

I prefer to see full icon and toty teams than standard gold team from anywhere, especially germany. Played a guy earlier with all gold team. Literally my players were side by side with his Neymar that had hunter and they were getting out-muscled.
  • Recoba
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 9
    For sure the connection plays a huge part. I always dominate vs turkish players etc.

The game has huge sync/one sided delay problems.
  • The lag comes from the routing to their servers, so it’s technically not EAs fault, nor our connection... its the 3rd party that is used for routing
  • Pila4life
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve been saying this all year as well.. good connection I win 80-90 percent of games.. when I have delay I lose at least half or more.
  • Renamed123456
    3350 posts National Call-Up
    On the rarest occasion I have the better connection, my players play as if I'm on fully aggressive interceptions and constant pressure.

Your team is registering the pass before the opponents player registers it from his own input.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5052 posts Big Money Move
    Connection 100% decides games.. Before I stopped playing, Rivals for me was extremely laggy, there were games I was half a second behind the play, pressing a button and it registered later and resulted in me losing the ball or not making a tackle but you could tell my opponent wasn't suffering from any connection issues and was so much quicker to react that me.

Same went in my favor at times, there were games I could tell I was getting an advantage with connection as my opponent was there doing random stand tackles in thin air.

EA released a "patch" that apparently changed how the connection worked so if somebody had bad connection, they would be the only one to suffer so both sides didn't suffer as a result of somebody having internet powered by a toaster but its actually made it worse for everyone, I have 70 DL, 20up <5ms ping and even when I play friends in friendlies with connection as good or better than mine, its laggy.

Clubs is the same, its so delayed, dribbling is impossible, you have to press a button a second in advance to avoid getting shafted.

Its crazy that in 2019, EA, the company that make almost a billion a year off UT alone can't have working servers.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    9586 posts League Winner
    edited March 9
    100% agree with this. Yesterday the connection was great for me and went 9-1. Today it's terrible and I'm 0-3 so far. This game is far too inconsistent for my liking. None of us know our true skill level because we're fighting against the game half the time.
  • BiigDee
    4311 posts National Call-Up
    100% agree with this. Yesterday the connection was great for me and went 9-1. Today it's terrible and I'm 0-3 so far. This game is far too inconsistent for my liking. None of us know our true skill level because we're fighting against the game half the time.

When there’s no problems I actually feel like I’m getting better at the game and I’ve tried bloody hard. Then the next day you log on and can’t perform a ball roll. I’m almost left to have to take every other week off of the game. I’ve tried to battle through but will end up snapping the controller up simply because no matter how hard you try it will all be undone by something very silly that is out of your control
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    9586 posts League Winner
    BiigDee wrote: »

When there’s no problems I actually feel like I’m getting better at the game and I’ve tried bloody hard. Then the next day you log on and can’t perform a ball roll. I’m almost left to have to take every other week off of the game. I’ve tried to battle through but will end up snapping the controller up simply because no matter how hard you try it will all be undone by something very silly that is out of your control

I've just accepted the game for what it is and only play wl to 14 wins now. There's very little skill gap and games are decided all the time by things out of the users control it's just stupid. FIFA is the only game that leaves me feeling frustrated and angry instead of getting a feeling of having fun. Think this year has broke me and it's the end of the road for me.
  • munchie63
    2724 posts Fans' Favourite
    so basically OP is saying...

don't bother with FP or getting any good IF's or Icons

just use a bronze team and a hard-wired lan with super fast fibre

• Greezyweezy101
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    The lag comes from the routing to their servers, so it’s technically not EAs fault, nor our connection... its the 3rd party that is used for routing

If their are other 3rd party's that could be used, it's EA's fault for not chsnging
  • Liamooo
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    Since I’ve got my gigabit internet min 500up and 500 down I barely lag until late. Saying that I’m top 3% for internet speed but I’ve noticed the delay is sometimes still there after 60-70 mins while on WL servers.

It’s EA that’s messed up, they dare say it’s my connection.
  • W16
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Over the past 3 weeks playing WL this is my results. Using the same team for two weeks and played my last 5 games with the same team partly in week 3.

3 weeks ago: Had no lag 14 wins 2 loses.
    2 weeks ago: Had no lag 14 wins 3 losses.
    Last week: So much delay lost 3 of my first 5 games and finished 14 wins 5 losses.
    Now: No lag apart from 1 game 11 wins 0 losses.

I feel bad for the people who always play with lag. It's so stressful and makes the game a nightmare to play.

EA really need to look into the servers to before they even touch gameplay because no matter what you do with the gameplay we won't get the feel for it with unpredictable servers.

Its not lag or delay. Play Kick off with your friends and the **** is still there.
  • lukey200
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 9
    played an online match earlier - it was so slow it was mind numbing anyhow extra time came and it was like i was on anew pitch and speed was as normal - what happened here i wonder ?? but this is whats happening something is slowing down reactions gameplay and it then depends whose favour it wants to win