Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Prime Moment Socrates thread

jpsblue
4652 posts National Call-Up
OB-QW036_soccer_G_20111204121118.jpg

Everything in here. Those that have done him. Reviews, how does he play, does he live up to his stats, what positions can he play, is he clunky, is he worth the sbc cost etc

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    11380 posts Has That Special Something
    Doing it as we speak. :sunglasses:
  • Reus
    23193 posts Club Captain
    Using the loan at striker and he has been very good so far
  • Hollandman
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna do him today, for the Brazilian link I also want that 88 Talisca
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Used his loan card and I prefer the playstyle of Baggio
  • GeTRiGhT
    10247 posts Has That Special Something
    Used him in draft and his loan card he is nothing like Ibra.

Amazing long shots with great finesse. Smoother dribbling than Ibra.
  • Whoman
    5978 posts Big Money Move
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Used him in draft and his loan card he is nothing like Ibra.

Amazing long shots with great finesse. Smoother dribbling than Ibra.

Yeah, he's very different somehow despite some similarities statswise. Workrates are part of it i guess as he is much more active.
    Used the 89 before. Play him at Striker, both lone (433(4)) or next to Bale/Hulk. Basically acts as the main playmaker as a sort of 'target F9' and then also finishes damn near everything.
  • Pauldejong6
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2019
    I used his Prime but he didnt do anything for me so no interest in his optimus prime. I like Zlatan a lot better, the way Socrates moves I disliked, its slow, soft and passive. Hes not an elite cam/st like Ibra/cruyff/Neymar, he btw cant win a header despite being a giant, and his defenses make him a poor CM.
  • GeTRiGhT
    10247 posts Has That Special Something
    I used his Prime but he didnt do anything for me so no interest in his optimus prime. I like Zlatan a lot better, the way Socrates moves I disliked, its slow, soft and passive. Hes not an elite cam/st like Ibra/cruyff/Neymar, he btw cant win a header despite being a giant, and his defenses make him a poor CM.

I like Ibra alot and he is much better than Ibra for me. Ibra can't hit a finesse shot even in the box. Socrates shots are amazing
  • Ian_Ando08
    9564 posts League Winner
    He is simply amazing ❤️ played 11 scored 17 so far for me in the WL
  • Hollandman

I don't like reviews like this haha. My attack is TOTY Neymar Prime Raul Prime Best
    So just looking for midfielders, have 3 mil and wanna do him
  • Kamilflage
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    First 5 games nothing special....but neither was any other card on my squad. Servers for me have been utter trash for a few days now. I did score some absolute bullets with him though from outside the box. Playing him CAM behind R96 and 94 Cruyff. Passing is pretty nuts and if my gameplay goes back to how it was last week I think ill really like him....atm everything feels like a truck :rage:
    The ideal midfield I'd like would be Vieira Gullit Socrates. Nothing beats a trio of big and tall dominating your mid!
  • jpsblue
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    First 5 games nothing special....but neither was any other card on my squad. Servers for me have been utter trash for a few days now. I did score some absolute bullets with him though from outside the box. Playing him CAM behind R96 and 94 Cruyff. Passing is pretty nuts and if my gameplay goes back to how it was last week I think ill really like him....atm everything feels like a truck :rage:
    The ideal midfield I'd like would be Vieira Gullit Socrates. Nothing beats a trio of big and tall dominating your mid!

hmm interesting. i really want to save everything i have for gullit, as i play 442 with prime ballack at CM, potm hazard on the left, prime best on the right, 3potm reus and prime raul upfront. was thinking i cant wait for gullit any longer since im bored and was going to do socrates and play him as my attacking CM in a 442, but i think ill wait 1 month exactly to see if gullit is dropped then

could also play him CAM in a 4231 and push Reus out to the left, meaning potm hazard drops to the bench, but i actually have fun with the 442 :D
  • Kamilflage
    5982 posts Big Money Move
    jpsblue wrote: »

hmm interesting. i really want to save everything i have for gullit, as i play 442 with prime ballack at CM, potm hazard on the left, prime best on the right, 3potm reus and prime raul upfront. was thinking i cant wait for gullit any longer since im bored and was going to do socrates and play him as my attacking CM in a 442, but i think ill wait 1 month exactly to see if gullit is dropped then

could also play him CAM in a 4231 and push Reus out to the left, meaning potm hazard drops to the bench, but i actually have fun with the 442 :D

I think Socrates needs to be played CAM otherwise he isnt really worth it....
    CM nobody on this game comes close to Gullit....absolutely nobody.
    I've only used 90 Gullit and sold him for 1mil profit, immediately missed him being in the squad.
    In your shoes playing 442 I would honestly wait for Gullit!
  • Ian_Ando08
    9564 posts League Winner
    @jpsblue so 11 games in with this beautiful man, scored 17 assisted 10

i started him as striker to see how he would do and hos shooting as expected is elite but once i put him into cam he became a different monster... his dribbling for a big man is brilliant, he shrugs defenders off very easily! wins headers most of the time of course due to his height :) Passing is brilliant i have him linking with Hulk and Raul and his through balls to both have been excellent.

people were comparing him to ibra..i have both and theres no comparison. of course ibra was pennies compared to the doctor but the 1 mil i paid with untradeables was well worth it !

its a 9/10 so far from me from 11 WL games

the only way i can describe him is hes one of them players even when you arent playing well he will win you games !

will post his stats after i complete the WL if you are interested
  • jpsblue

I think Socrates needs to be played CAM otherwise he isnt really worth it....
    CM nobody on this game comes close to Gullit....absolutely nobody.
    I've only used 90 Gullit and sold him for 1mil profit, immediately missed him being in the squad.
    In your shoes playing 442 I would honestly wait for Gullit!

thanks mate. interesting. i do want to try new elite cards, however i think ill wait a month and see what happens with other sbcs. was thinking vieira too next to ballack in a 442 but i feel i need someone better going forward (and work rates). got sick of 4231 and i have fun playing 442
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    @jpsblue so 11 games in with this beautiful man, scored 17 assisted 10

i started him as striker to see how he would do and hos shooting as expected is elite but once i put him into cam he became a different monster... his dribbling for a big man is brilliant, he shrugs defenders off very easily! wins headers most of the time of course due to his height :) Passing is brilliant i have him linking with Hulk and Raul and his through balls to both have been excellent.

people were comparing him to ibra..i have both and theres no comparison. of course ibra was pennies compared to the doctor but the 1 mil i paid with untradeables was well worth it !

its a 9/10 so far from me from 11 WL games

the only way i can describe him is hes one of them players even when you arent playing well he will win you games !

will post his stats after i complete the WL if you are interested

ah nice, sounds incredibly solid. pretty much the perfect CAM (minus Gullit). another option for me since i like playing 442 is playing socrates upfront and moving Reus to LW (dropping hazard to the bench), but i feel like you said, wouldn't get the best out of him

cheers, think ill wait a month and see what happens with other sbcs (please release gullit during fut birthday @EA_Andy :D )
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    I tried his loan card and i’m disappointed. I am trying my best to like him because i was waiting for his card to be my end game card.

I even lose some games because instead of prime zlatan doing his magic, i am trying to pass the ball to socrates to see what he got.

Well, i’ll just wait for vieira then.
  • WFCBagnall
    75394 posts Moderator
    I'm like 40k off finishing him :bawling:

I'll get it done tonight :blush:
  • Ian_Ando08
    9564 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

you wont regret mate hes superb
  • WFCBagnall
    75394 posts Moderator
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

you wont regret mate hes superb

That's what I like to hear :)
  • Giggs11
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    I completed his loan, hoping to dislike him so I could rule him out after all the reviews were so good. Unfortunately, I have really liked him and now I’m left with a bit of a dilemma.
    Complete his sbc, or wait god knows how long for gullit
  • Vacant
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2019
    I packed baby Klose from sbc which I thought would put me close to doing it if I put all my untradeable stuff (including the ones that cost me s-loads to do)
    Managed to do all but the 89 squad but have no tradeables at all, and only low rated CL cards left.

Might take a week but should be able to get a little Brucie bonus icon to more or less finish my team for the year. I’ll have 7 icons, 3 PIM moments which is pretty kewl.

2m28jsz.jpg

I’ll hopefully have enough coins after the WL rewards to buy a diff GK too 🤣
  • Campino
    28337 posts Player of the Year
    In playing mine at striker cause I have Zola at cam and he’s killing it there but I do think he’s an out and out cam
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    How many people used his prime and have noticed a difference?
  • Hollandman
    Just did the Sbc, hope I pack some good
  • Hollandman
    Should I use him as striker or Cm?
  • jpsblue
    Hollandman wrote: »

show us ya team
  • DougInskip
    6993 posts League Winner
    91 was a beast, this ones the Brazilian Gullit.

239-F144-B-278-A-49-A9-8-B75-1064638-C8-CFD.jpg
  • chaser2k15
    14201 posts Has That Special Something
    Have used the loan for 4 games. My word he is good. Passing is fantastic.
  • IamFrench
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2019

Elite players are different for each player.

I tried Neymar (regular), Cruyff 91 & Socrates 91.

Ma favorite player was Socrates, in CAM 4231. Cruyff/Neymar are perfect for players who skill a lot. Strength is important for me this year.
    DzelcvzX0AEx9Vy.jpg

D0BCrpZX4AEO8vu.jpg

• Hollandman
    Hollandman wrote: »

show us ya team

Playing now 424
    TOTY De Gea
    Sbc Dumfries 92 Virgil TOTY Varane Marcelo
    Kante Fred