Team names being offensive and childish

Comments

• Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    Torn4do wrote: »
    There is more important things in life to worry about than a few silly team names.

Sticks and stones break my bones but names will never hurt me..... Was drummed into me as a kid and is drummed into mine

This is exactly how you should be.

But for some unknown reason it seems that sticks and stones only applies to kids, when people grow up they ignore this and get angry or worse violent!

So stupid for anyone to get upset over a name of another team!

Lol 'sticks and stones'. Bravo! Only applies to kids because at that age with simple minds it's easier to tell them this. With maturity our minds become more complex.

I'm pretty sure if your parents turned round and said they never loved or cared for you it hurts more than sticks and stones and the impact could lasts longer then the bruises

Funnily enough have you seen the man who was upset with the 'Redskins' name and logo of a red indian so he wore a tshirt of same logo that had a white man that read 'Caucasians'
    The amount of hate this man got from white people was unreal... but yeah sticks and stones pal.
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
  • Torn4do
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jordfy wrote: »
    There is more important things in life to worry about than a few silly team names.

Sticks and stones break my bones but names will never hurt me..... Was drummed into me as a kid and is drummed into mine

But for some unknown reason it seems that sticks and stones only applies to kids, when people grow up they ignore this and get angry or worse violent!

Lol 'sticks and stones'. Bravo! Only applies to kids because at that age with simple minds it's easier to tell them this. With maturity our minds become more complex.

I'm pretty sure if your parents turned round and said they never loved or cared for you it hurts more than sticks and stones and the impact could lasts longer then the bruises

Funnily enough have you seen the man who was upset with the 'Redskins' name and logo of a red indian so he wore a tshirt of same logo that had a white man that read 'Caucasians'
    The amount of hate this man got from white people was unreal... but yeah sticks and stones pal.

So just to get this right, you are comparing a parent telling their child that they don’t love them, and making a correlation to a name someone chooses on a video game.!?!??

Being offended by something is a personal choice, you decide whether you are offended or not. If people want to be daft or stupid and have a ridiculous name on a computer game then more fool them, just laugh at how pathetic or sad they are, why waste your time getting angry and upset.
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    Jordfy wrote: »

So just to get this right, you are comparing a parent telling their child that they don’t love them, and making a correlation to a name someone chooses on a video game.!?!??

Being offended by something is a personal choice, you decide whether you are offended or not. If people want to be daft or stupid and have a ridiculous name on a computer game then more fool them, just laugh at how pathetic or sad they are, why waste your time getting angry and upset.

I was establishing that words can have the same impact pain wise as physical action does. Words can heal and words can tear down. I'm not arsed tbf but some of yours lots unawareness and ignorance baffles me.
    Why do fans hurl abuse towards players and wind them up if as adults we know sticks and stones break bones but words never hurt? If you think it's cool to say or write anything you want, if you think pedophillia and child abduction is funny i dare you go to your local super market and start hurling abuse towards children because obv we've drilled into them that words will never hurt them. Go up to a randomer with kids and make sick jokes about madeline.. lets see how far that gets you.