Team names being offensive and childish

Comments

• Razer94
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    imagine being triggered by clubs names :joy:
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10943 posts Has That Special Something
    The whole world seems to get offended very easily these days. Everything has to be so politically correct it's beyond a joke now.

If the name of people's teams offend you so easily then maybe the internet isn't for you.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4829 posts Big Money Move
    I played a guy named Neo Nazi’s. I mean they banned “kurt” from being in squad names. But not nazi?
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    I enjoy funny team names, at the end of the day it’s only a team name.

The team names that are annoying are the generic Beast FC, uwillquit fc etc

Those are the lame names, funny names even if offensive are funny you can see someone isn’t taking it serious

Relax man it’s a team name 😂 if you hate it that much beat them see that as a moral victory but I would concentrate your energy of something more constructive in all fairness.
  • So many people in here wanting to shelter their children. The world is bad mkay.

Also, my team is called ya mum.
  • Nelmser
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 5
    The absolute state of some of these posts.

Shall we just allow people to do whatever they want? What’s the point in rules and laws?

Actions have consequences. Although it doesn’t offend me personally, the same kid who has a team name referring to fu****g someone’s nan is the same kid who will end up having his head kicked in for saying it to someone down the pub later in life.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    So many people in here wanting to shelter their children. The world is bad mkay.

Yeah, wow. The absolute gall of those parents... wanting a game rated "E for everyone" to be suitable for their kids. What an unreasonable expectation :expressionless:

• crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    Nelmser wrote: »

Shall we just allow people to do whatever they want? What’s the point in rules and laws?

Actions have consequences. Although it doesn’t offend me personally, the same kid who has a team name referring to fu****g someone’s nan is the same kid who will end up having his head kicked in for saying it to someone down the pub later in life.

Yep because people dont change as they grow up and realise things they did as a child may have been a bit stupid. I am sure as a child you never once called somebody or said anything you might look back on and think was a bit wrong.
  • Clancy wrote: »
    So many people in here wanting to shelter their children. The world is bad mkay.

Yeah, wow. The absolute gall of those parents... wanting a game rated "E for everyone" to be suitable for their kids. What an unreasonable expectation :expressionless:

Nothing wrong with sheltering your kids but it’s a few bad teams names on a game.

• crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    Wonder how many who moan take their kids to watch football, they will hear hell of a lot worse.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    crackers07 wrote: »
    Wonder how many who moan take their kids to watch football, they will hear hell of a lot worse.

and if there's a guy sitting next to you at the match yelling out the n-word at black players and shouting about banging 11 year olds, what would happen?

he'd get reported for racial abuse and possibly face a stadium ban
  • Nelmser
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nelmser wrote: »

Yep because people dont change as they grow up and realise things they did as a child may have been a bit stupid. I am sure as a child you never once called somebody or said anything you might look back on and think was a bit wrong.

If no one tells you differently how will you learn?

Majority in this thread don’t see an issue with it. When I did things wrong as a child, I was told so and thus changed.

Sounds like you grew and learned in life realising everything by yourself without any intervention? Sounds like strange parenting.

• Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Clancy wrote: »

Nothing wrong with sheltering your kids but it’s a few bad teams names on a game.

yeah, it's a pretty minor issue. and it could use a pretty minor solution, like an option to flag team names

• crackers07
    1023 posts Professional

and if there's a guy sitting next to you at the match yelling out the n-word at black players and shouting about banging 11 year olds, what would happen?

he'd get reported for racial abuse and possibly face a stadium ban

True but then like i say they are hearing much worse than they see on fifa. They will hear offensive language from players etc you cant hide em away. Same at school bring your kids up as well as you like that chavy group of kids sat in the same class room will still be saying stuff you dont want your child to hear.

People need to get a grip and get back to sticks and stones.

yeah, it's a pretty minor issue. and it could use a pretty minor solution, like an option to flag team names

You can block it out there but they’ll hear it somewhere else. As long as the kid isn’t smart they’ll know it’s stupid.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner

You can block it out there but they’ll hear it somewhere else. As long as the kid isn’t smart they’ll know it’s stupid.

ok, kids are gonna be exposed to bad things eventually. that's true

but what's wrong with making an effort to shield them at a young age?

Nothing at all, especially in the confines of your own home I’ll admit that.

I just think there’s a hell of a lot worse things out there than tasteless a name on a screen.
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional

Nothing wrong with sheltering your

Personally brought mine up not shielding them from everything. Explaining different things at different ages. Just sat watching sky news while they are in the room can lead to questions being asked. Each to their own no right or wrong way but i believe problem is to many are brought up without simple manners and respect hence the team names.
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Giggs11 wrote: »
    I seem to come up against team names such as “Madeleine Milan” or “Adam johnsons’s u18’s” all the time and it really pisses me off.

These people seem to think paedophillia or losing a child is funny. I can only hope when they grow up and have kids they will not find it funny any more.

These are the only games I will use the shush running celebration, the dab end move, watch every single replay, score as many goals as I can, AND then send them a message after that will get under their skin.

I always seem to pick up my game against them as well. Motivates me to destroy them when I see these team names haha

Played 'Madeleine Milan' last weekend league and absoutely smashed the bum. Big pleasure. Rq in 30 min. Messaged him afterwards and told him to get his **** together...

I think that's a funny team name.
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    Saw "YourNansGoneLmao" the other day
  • Mossup
    1000 posts Professional
    Surely it’s a simple question of context.
    A joke name about your mum/gran is not exactly a big deal but (as football fans especially) do you guys think it’s ok to have a team name that mocks the Hilsborough disaster?
    I think not.
  • Alex_cr
    4231 posts National Call-Up
    Inter ya Nan makes me chuckle 😂

I’m 33 - I probably need to grow up a bit.

Find the Madeleine Mcann ones and paedophilic ones a little odd but I could definitely not be bothered to report them.
  • Covkilla91mob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thanks to everyone who understand how stupid this is and who ever thinks it's ok needs to be checked out ,I dont think that me and others not liking sick team names means we need to grow a pair of anyting I have a pair and I'm staying true to my words of trying to sort it.
  • EA_Rtas
    1004 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks I've removed quite a few comments in here that aren't really best discussed on the forum, let's keep it on topic and try not to derail with arguments please
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    As sensitive as OP is i see his point. Western society has decayed mentally and this is a symptom. You wouldn't joke about a family member child being abbducted so why the mccanns?

Because no one has nor wants morals or principles, they want stupid expensive trainers that took 16 hours + to stand around for at a **** job. OPs delivery is soft but majority of you are mental slaves. Period
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks I've removed quite a few comments in here that aren't really best discussed on the forum, let's keep it on topic and try not to derail with arguments please

Lets keep it on topic . Alright you game is **** **** pal
  • WryLucky
    1437 posts Professional
    Jordfy wrote: »
    As sensitive as OP is i see his point. Western society has decayed mentally and this is a symptom. You wouldn't joke about a family member child being abbducted so why the mccanns?

Because no one has nor wants morals or principles, they want stupid expensive trainers that took 16 hours + to stand around for at a **** job. OPs delivery is soft but majority of you are mental slaves. Period

It's decayed mentally because people are sheltered beyond belief, no one wants to ask or answer the hard questions and they'll just ban it or try and sweep it under the rug.
  • JeffAcomplice
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sick of seeing teams interurnan and such makes me mad ,I was very close to my nan and don't get me wrong I love beating these players with such sick names and tbh i can't name my club speed but all these other things just shows how little effort EA sports care about it.

You're the kind of guy that goes to a Frankie Boyle show and expects it to be pg13. Jokes are supposed to offend and are relative to each person. Just because you don't find it funny, doesn't mean someone else won't. It's the internet deal with it.
  • Jordfy
    79 posts Park Captain
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Jordfy wrote: »

It's decayed mentally because people are sheltered beyond belief, no one wants to ask or answer the hard questions and they'll just ban it or try and sweep it under the rug.

Hard questions like ?
    Why is it funny to 'banter' about someone's missing child?
    Or
    How is it that some people go through life and achieve excellence whilst alot of other settle for mediocrity? What traits and qualities set them apart? What can i do to bridge the gap to be an excellent person?

I doubt you mean the latter questions.
  • Torn4do
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There is more important things in life to worry about than a few silly team names.

Sticks and stones break my bones but names will never hurt me..... Was drummed into me as a kid and is drummed into mine

This is exactly how you should be.

But for some unknown reason it seems that sticks and stones only applies to kids, when people grow up they ignore this and get angry or worse violent!

So stupid for anyone to get upset over a name of another team!