Team names being offensive and childish

Comments

• Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional
    People joke about Nazi's because they have been made into a taboo subject. Kids always push the boundaries and have been doing so for decades. You leftish puritans have forgotten this, you remind me of the pearl clutching church ladies from the 90's moaning about Eminem or Marilyn Manson.
  • Burchy
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My team name is “SparklingUnicorns” I feel bad as not all unicorns sparkle and so it could come across as offensive an prejudiced to other unicorns.

But on a serious note, the state of this post. If a name of a team on a computer game offends you then report it to Sony/Microsoft and then wrap your self back up in cotton wool and bubble wrap and move on with your life.
  • mr_flibble
    223 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mattheos wrote: »
    People joke about Nazi's because they have been made into a taboo subject. Kids always push the boundaries and have been doing so for decades. You leftish puritans have forgotten this, you remind me of the pearl clutching church ladies from the 90's moaning about Eminem or Marilyn Manson.

I have a daughter, I am well within my right to find it offensive that people use names joking about **** 11 year old girls.
    To play Fifa Ultimate team you have to be over 13 so i have to assume that these are not 10 year old kids joking about it.

It gross, horrible and if someone made the joke to my face i wouldn't laugh or ignore it, i let them know its out of order as would any other parent / responsible adult.
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional
    mr_flibble wrote: »

I have a daughter, I am well within my right to find it offensive that people use names joking about **** 11 year old girls.
    To play Fifa Ultimate team you have to be over 13 so i have to assume that these are not 10 year old kids joking about it.

It gross, horrible and if someone made the joke to my face i wouldn't laugh or ignore it, i let them know its out of order as would any other parent / responsible adult.

You understand why there doing it though, right? Because all the censorship & screeching is coming from one side at moment therefore there making crude jokes as a middle finger to the people who constantly police or act as hall monitors with speech. No rational person actually thinks it ok to "**** 11 year old girls".
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something
    @Pieman25

A lot to clean up here :lol:
  • FCBlunt
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    @Pieman25

A lot to clean up here :lol:

It’s just a discussion.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional
    Clancy wrote: »
    Anarki301 wrote: »
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...

I’d argue the opposite. Weak people who literally get offended by everything are a huge part of the reason we are ‘losing our way’

IMO. I think we are losing our way not because there are so many people being 'snowflakes'. They are just the group that seem to shout the loudest. I still think they are the minority.

It's purely because they just whine and cry until something changes whilst the rest of us are trying to go about our normal lives. I mean where does getting offended end.

Like if someone started a 'straight pride movement'. Would some be offended by that? Yes is the answer. Even though in principal being proud to be heterosexual is the same as being proud to be homosexual...

This is a garbage argument that I see all the time.
    "Why don't we have straight pride parades?"

"Groups shouldn't be allowed to chant 'black power' because if I chant 'white power" it's seen as racist"

"It should be 'All Lives Matter' not 'Black lives matter'"

Being proud of being homosexual is fundamentally not the same, because up until very recently it was something people were publicly shames for. Pride is being put forth as the opposite of shame. Nobody is shamed, or executed, or castrated for being straight. It wouldn't make any sense to have a straight pride parade, because nobody was ever shamed for being that way

The black lives matter folks aren't saying "black lives are the only ones that matter", they're saying "black lives matter TOO" because recent events have shown that to not always be the case

But the point you are missing if someone was to start such a parade, there would basically be counter protests that would escalate into violence.
  • stevotrueblue
    757 posts Professional
    Was thinking last year when i was using a german bundes squad of calling the team "ze master pace" ,, decided against it in the end lol
  • mr_flibble
    How can anyone not being offended by some of those names, are you all right people, what's with that slave mentality? Omg, everyday it seems more and more true, we are truly losing our way as a society ...

I’d argue the opposite. Weak people who literally get offended by everything are a huge part of the reason we are ‘losing our way’

IMO. I think we are losing our way not because there are so many people being 'snowflakes'. They are just the group that seem to shout the loudest. I still think they are the minority.

It's purely because they just whine and cry until something changes whilst the rest of us are trying to go about our normal lives. I mean where does getting offended end.

Like if someone started a 'straight pride movement'. Would some be offended by that? Yes is the answer. Even though in principal being proud to be heterosexual is the same as being proud to be homosexual...

"Groups shouldn't be allowed to chant 'black power' because if I chant 'white power" it's seen as racist"

Being proud of being homosexual is fundamentally not the same, because up until very recently it was something people were publicly shames for. Pride is being put forth as the opposite of shame. Nobody is shamed, or executed, or castrated for being straight. It wouldn't make any sense to have a straight pride parade, because nobody was ever shamed for being that way

The black lives matter folks aren't saying "black lives are the only ones that matter", they're saying "black lives matter TOO" because recent events have shown that to not always be the case

But the point you are missing if someone was to start such a parade, there would basically be counter protests that would escalate into violence.

By saying counter protests are you saying that the parade would be a protest about people not being the same as them? Freudian slip?
  • Fccheek
    675 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My team name is boarderline offensive
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional

By saying counter protests are you saying that the parade would be a protest about people not being the same as them? Freudian slip?

Ok you got me on wording. Let's say this non existent parade wasn't anti-gay, made no mention to the LGBTQ community & was about celebrating whatever about being straight, you know in the current climate such a parade could not happen without **** kicking off. I mean don't be obtuse, at least admit who wields all the power at the moment.

For me I think it would be cringe seeing this parade.
  • Ishibum

Ok you got me on wording. Let's say this non existent parade wasn't anti-gay, made no mention to the LGBTQ community & was about celebrating whatever about being straight, you know in the current climate such a parade could not happen without **** kicking off. I mean don't be obtuse, at least admit who wields all the power at the moment.

Quite a big assumption there. I guess it would depend on the motivations of the people participating. If folk just want a day to celebrate contentment in their lives, that's awesome. If they're doing it, "coz the other lot have theirs", I could imagine some disdain owing to the fact they are completely missing the point as to why the other parades actually happen.
  • mr_flibble

Pride is about celebrating the inclusiveness of modern society and remembering when the LGBTQ community got its voice.
    Pretty sure straight people haven't really had the same thing and therefore have no need for this parade?

In the same way we do things to remember the end of the wars, support our veterans etc we don't have specific days for celebrating not being a veteran or the fact that in a certain year we weren't at war.

You also know that if such a parade was started with good intentions (not sure how its possible) it would quickly go down the toilet once Tommy Robinson and his lot used it for their own agenda.
  • mr_flibble
    These threads always go way off topic! No-one is asking for a parade (although a march against Fifa points might be a good thing :p )

It should be possible to easily report someone who has found a way to avoid the filter on team names with the intention of creating a purposely offensive team-name.
  • Ishibum
    These threads always go way off topic! No-one is asking for a parade (although a march against Fifa points might be a good thing :p )

It should be possible to easily report someone who has found a way to avoid the filter on team names with the intention of creating a purposely offensive team-name.

Exactly.
  • ImAtrocious
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero

Exactly.

I agree as well. Only once have I come across a team name that I felt needed reporting, and there should have been an easy option to do so. The person was basically threatening violence against a group of people with his team name. Wanting to report that kind of name has nothing to do with being a snowflake.
  • mr_flibble
    Plus

Fifa has already decided that you can't do it, (Section 6. Rules of Conduct), they just make it really hard for you to report.

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
  • mindm4ster
    4773 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus -really ?
    That kind of thing affects you?
    I have a good chuckle over names like the one you presented and move on
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional

Quite a big assumption there. I guess it would depend on the motivations of the people participating. If folk just want a day to celebrate contentment in their lives, that's awesome. If they're doing it, "coz the other lot have theirs", I could imagine some disdain owing to the fact they are completely missing the point as to why the other parades actually happen.

If a legit Straight Pride Parade was announced on social media would meltdown, practically every blue check mark would be furiously smearing it in there articles blogs & on television, barely any politicians would support it & activists would crash it.

Let's just say I would eat my hat if the entire leftist power structure didn't come down against this fantasy parade & everyone involved in an attempt to shut it down.
  • Bbkyle
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    if Jeremy Corbyn and the labour party can victimise a certain group then why shouldn't the Fifa community. example set. :D :D :D :D :D
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional

Pride is about celebrating the inclusiveness of modern society and remembering when the LGBTQ community got its voice.
    Pretty sure straight people haven't really had the same thing and therefore have no need for this parade?

In the same way we do things to remember the end of the wars, support our veterans etc we don't have specific days for celebrating not being a veteran or the fact that in a certain year we weren't at war.

You also know that if such a parade was started with good intentions (not sure how its possible) it would quickly go down the toilet once Tommy Robinson and his lot used it for their own agenda.

I'm not even making the argument for there to be a need for the parade, I'm making the argument that the entire left power structure would do everything to destroy such a parade regardless of the intentions. This is why I despise leftists because they don't admit they hold most of the power now from the top down. Practically every institution supports leftist causes from big capital, to the media, social media, entertainment, politicians both left & right, academia etc.

And since when is Tommy Robinson anti-gay? that guy always signals how much he loves that community.
  • Ishibum

If a legit Straight Pride Parade was announced on social media would meltdown, practically every blue check mark would be furiously smearing it in there articles blogs & on television, barely any politicians would support it & activists would crash it.

Let's just say I would eat my hat if the entire leftist power structure didn't come down against this fantasy parade & everyone involved in an attempt to shut it down.

You seem quite triggered by elements of left wing ideology tbf. Not really something for discussion on a football forum so I'll leave you to it.

I'll just quote the post that best echos my own sentiments
    Plus

Fifa has already decided that you can't do it, (Section 6. Rules of Conduct), they just make it really hard for you to report.

Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.

Says all that needs to be said.
  • Ishibum

I'm not even making the argument for there to be a need for the parade, I'm making the argument that the entire left power structure would do everything to destroy such a parade regardless of the intentions. This is why I despise leftists because they don't admit they hold most of the power now from the top down. Practically every institution supports leftist causes from big capital, to the media, social media, entertainment, politicians both left & right, academia etc.

And since when is Tommy Robinson anti-gay? that guy always signals how much he loves that community.

And this is legit tinfoil hat nonsense. I'm out.
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional

And this is legit tinfoil hat nonsense. I'm out.

You can't refute it what I said because it's true. Do you believe these social media giants lean right or something? lmao give me a break.
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional

You seem quite triggered by elements of left wing ideology tbf. Not really something for discussion on a football forum so I'll leave you to it.

I'll just quote the post that best echos my own sentiments
    Plus

Says all that needs to be said.

No I'm not triggered. Your just denying the reality of the times.
  • Seanregal
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Trump, Brexit, tory government and the rise in far right politics all over the world. Hardly examples of a leftist power structure. Interesting debate for a fifa forum though.
  • voisa
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    you guys read other team's names? u have time for that?
  • Mattheos
    1351 posts Professional
    Seanregal wrote: »
    Trump, Brexit, tory government and the rise in far right politics all over the world. Hardly examples of a leftist power structure. Interesting debate for a fifa forum though.

During the 2016 Trump has had the entire World Wide Media against him (even a large portion of Fox news were never trump), big tech, big capital, democrats & a large portion of his own party against him, academia, Hollywood & entertainment. Where's the lie? All he got was the electoral college, people voting which he was lucky to get. He won't win again.

I don't much about Britain but is May really "Far Right"? Wasn't she a remainer & are they not floating the idea of another referendum?

The populist right is just a direct response to the authoritarian left overstepping there bounds & hawk neo-cons/conservatives who don't conserve anything.
  • FCBlunt
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 5
    crackers07 wrote: »
    It's a derogotive term for a gay man. I was stating a fact.

Never heard it for a gay person before, always used it for someone who was soft when i was a kid.
    crackers07 wrote: »
    It's a derogotive term for a gay man. I was stating a fact.

Never heard it for a gay person before, always used it for someone who was soft when i was a kid.

That’s certainly my understanding too

Now you know! A lack of education is often the cause of these things... o:) (sorry couldn't resist).

Either way, people getting offended and worked up because others want a system to report team names created to be intentionally offensive is just weird. If it doesn't offend you why does it matter? If you actually love these team names and think they are great you are just a wrong un!

I looked it up online at the oxford dictionary. Perhaps it’s you who suffers from a lack of education my friend

Now i am seriously questioning your education as you obviously can't read or have a online version of the 1910 dictionary...
    Or alternatively, like most who hold similar views as you, you only read what you want and ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative.

I think you should apologies to Colt, as he’s very much right. **** isn’t a derogatory term towards gay men, if anything, its derogatory towards hetro men. Calling someone a **** is basically calling them unmasculine by using something very feminine.

It’s very immature of you calling someone uneducated and then wanting to be taken serious too. Your bubble isn’t our bubble, tyvm.