Why so many quits at 1-1

Safk001
866 posts Semi-Pro
This keeps happening, I go 1-0, my opponent equalises to make it 1-1 then quits. No idea why, is it just a coincidence it keeps happening or is there a reason behind it?

Comments

• AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    Google “fun quits”
  • starfox1284
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2019
    I've recently started to quit my game when I go to PKs...I am going to lose those so why let my opponent get the win? Could be a similar reason.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Google “fun quits”

Just read about it, so it is a thing. Apparently it’s when people play drop back and dab on you first, I do neither, always skip replays and have my tactics in the default options. I do play a sweaty 4-2-3-1 though
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1433 posts Play-Off Hero
    Untill they implement punishment for quitters then it will always happens
  • starfox1284
    Blame EA for letting me have that option.
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1433 posts Play-Off Hero

Exactly, this game is so poor 99% of the time. I would rather just quit then suffer
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro

We can all blame EA for a lot of things, but you choosing to be toxic is not one of them my friend.
  • Seanregal
    1197 posts Professional
    I've recently started to quit my game when I go to PKs...I am going to lose those so why let my opponent get the win? Could be a similar reason.
    Wow really just because its a option doesn't mean you have to use it.Very sad
  • Ishibum
    14401 posts Has That Special Something

Problem is, hard to differentiate between people who have been legit disconnected and folk who are just toxic.
  • starfox1284
    edited March 2019
    It is not toxic....the entire PK portion of the game is so beyond broken that I'm just done with it at this point of the game. I would rather the game end in the way that the MLS use to end ties. i.e. there is no skill in winning a PK shootout...beside my opponent never deserved to be at that point to begin with considering I've banged the ball off the crossbar at least 5-6 times a game and he gets a 94th min wonder goal....
  • ImAtrocious
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »

Problem is, hard to differentiate between people who have been legit disconnected and folk who are just toxic.

Let's be honest though, how often are you legitimately disconnected? I'd say it's happened to me once, maybe twice, in my last two years of playing the game. Yes it would feel unfair to get the loss in a legitimate disconnect, but since there's less than a 1% chance of that being the case, I say the disconnecting party gets the loss.
  • Ishibum
    It is not toxic....the entire PK portion of the game is so beyond broken that I'm just done with it at this point of the game. I would rather the game end in the way that the MLS use to end ties. i.e. there is no skill in winning a PK shootout...beside my opponent never deserved to be at that point to being with considering I've banded the ball off the crossbar at least 5-6 times a game and he gets a 94th min wonder goal....

It's toxic. You're part of the problem.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Who are these YouTube people that promote this kind of play?
  • Ishibum

Let's be honest though, how often are you legitimately disconnected? I'd say it's happened to me once, maybe twice, in my last two years of playing the game. Yes it would feel unfair to get the loss in a legitimate disconnect, but since there's less than a 1% chance of that being the case, I say the disconnecting party gets the loss.

With my glorious internet, it happens about twice a weekend (on average). Perhaps they should hammer folk that get disconnected at certain points (e.g. at pens), or actually use the match stats to determine a course of action (if I have 70% possession, and dominating the shots count, a disconnection will obviously not be intentional)
  • Seanregal
    1197 posts Professional
    It is not toxic....the entire PK portion of the game is so beyond broken that I'm just done with it at this point of the game. I would rather the game end in the way that the MLS use to end ties. i.e. there is no skill in winning a PK shootout...beside my opponent never deserved to be at that point to begin with considering I've banged the ball off the crossbar at least 5-6 times a game and he gets a 94th min wonder goal....

Dress it up all you want. Your taking your frustration out on the wrong people.
  • starfox1284
    edited March 2019
    It is not toxic....the entire PK portion of the game is so beyond broken that I'm just done with it at this point of the game. I would rather the game end in the way that the MLS use to end ties. i.e. there is no skill in winning a PK shootout...beside my opponent never deserved to be at that point to being with considering I've banded the ball off the crossbar at least 5-6 times a game and he gets a 94th min wonder goal....

Then I am toxic lol, don't really care at the end of the day.
  • oneskyworld
    1027 posts Professional
    edited March 2019

You're part of the problem. Awful attitude

It depends on the situations. I've been called on sone BS penalties either that wasn't close to be a foul or I wasn't even controling the player who committed the foul.
  • Colt_seevers
    1369 posts Professional

Always somebody else’s fault. Be responsible for your own actions fs
  • starfox1284

how can I be responsible for my team when the game is what it is? BS penalties, etc. as someone mentioned above. My personal opinion is that EA should maybe think of a way for draws to factor in as they do for rivals....or better yet not let rivals game end in a way where I can actually practice PKs in another mode other than having to do it in weekend league.
  • InfernaL
    1451 posts Play-Off Hero

I've never done this "fun qutting" thing, but I've had it happen against me, and as frustrating as it may be, I've never blamed my opponents. At the end of the day you, me and everyone else paid the same price to play this game and we can choose to do whatever we want with it.

It is EAs fault for not fixing this whole thing. Lose, draw or win, if you forfeit, the opponent should get the win. Period.
  • Colt_seevers
    1369 posts Professional

how can I be responsible for my team when the game is what it is? BS penalties, etc. as someone mentioned above. My personal opinion is that EA should maybe think of a way for draws to factor in as they do for rivals....or better yet not let rivals game end in a way where I can actually practice PKs in another mode other than having to do it in weekend league.

Point the stick and shoot. Sometimes you’ll win and sometimes you’ll lose. What’s the issue?
  • Messi181
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect

Lol if your shittt at the game then don't play it from the start
  • Poolstu123
    790 posts Semi-Pro

Then I am toxic lol, don't really care at the end of the day.

And there it is. Blames EA for his own childish attitude then gets called out in it and throws out the ultimate kid comeback .. ‘I don’t care’. What an amazing human being
  • Colt_seevers
    1369 posts Professional
    InfernaL wrote: »

I've never done this "fun qutting" thing, but I've had it happen against me, and as frustrating as it may be, I've never blamed my opponents. At the end of the day you, me and everyone else paid the same price to play this game and we can choose to do whatever we want with it.

It is EAs fault for not fixing this whole thing. Lose, draw or win, if you forfeit, the opponent should get the win. Period.

That’s a very commendable attitude mate. However, if I’ve spent 15 mins or so playing the game and the opponent knocks it off because he can’t be arsed with pens then I consider that a waste of my time.
  • Idek
    15473 posts World Class

Penalties work fine, go practice them in the arena or something if you struggle with them that much
  • alex1987
    5851 posts Big Money Move
    I never quit when i'm even. It is a ridiculous thing to do.
    Can't blame your opponent for the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA created.
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yesterday in weekend league someone did the same. We drew 2-2, 2nd half extra time I got a penalty and he quit the game before I could actually take it. Basically meant I wasted 20 minutes because you don't get a win when someone leaves on a draw

Such a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ move to do