who did lots of icons

Navraat
3074 posts National Call-Up
i have bad news

EA will most likely require only one Icon and then multiple 88/89/90 squads so you do more SBCs to not feel like you got the most from your time invested

kinda like WL where you dont wanna play but since ur already deep you go for G3 at least so you get 2000 points back and avoid the 84 red pick cap

expect R9 with an Icon and 4x89 squads, 3x90, something like that

Comments

• Futfanatic
    12240 posts Has That Special Something
    I have 9 ready for the icon sbc's I want that are not coming. And I hate them all.
  • Navraat
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I have 9 ready for the icon sbc's I want that are not coming. And I hate them all.

unlackee
  • iRusty_yo
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    Got 4, however only 1 has no real use for me as the other 3 are very usable.

Still a poor move by ea, first gives us icons with a time limit :/

Then not require more than one for the truly elite ones. Shame
  • WarrenBarton
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    Would suit me fine. Only have Nakata, Stoichkov and Baresi. I use Stoichkov and Baresi is useful for when my Ramos gets sent off so EA are welcome to my Nakata.

Scary thing will be if you need an icon moments card.
  • Gnomenclature
    2470 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did 5 base icon sbcs. 87 Socrates was the only one I used. Got seedorf now, he's much better. 85 Rocha went to rvn and 88 mattaus went to petit and 87 lineker went to nedved. Can't remember who went in seedorf lol. Still got nakata and baresi for the next two. I liked the baggie loan, but too expensive imo.

Hopefully tomorrow they put out a good one. I've got a boat load of 85, 86, 84 cards from the bogo promo (spent 3mil coins on packs].
  • Jonboyparker
    5124 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 4
    Only got 2. Campbell and Nakata. Both I did during promos so they seemed decent value at the time. Both on my bench now. There are so many players on the market better or comparable to the other icons (with exception to Rio and Ballack maybe) All other icons were usable fodder in my opinion.

I’m always expecting a change in requirement which is why I don’t commit to one method.

It would surprise me if the elite level icons need a ‘Moments Icon’. In which case your icons will be be needed.

I wouldn’t stress too much. As soon as Gullit sbc drops, the pros will release their icons for the market and prices will drop. The sbc won’t be anymore than 5m.
  • Derryboy1893
    3557 posts National Call-Up
    Nedved (staying)
    Ballache (staying)
    Raúl (happy to keep but happy to submit when time is right)
    Butragueño (undecided, only did recently because I'd rather be stuck with him instead of base Nedved if they do go down the 1 icon only route)
    Keane (fodder)
    VDS (fodder, was originally done fir the link to VVD but he makes so many costly mistakes he's rotting in club)
    Rui Costa (fodder)
  • hayhor1
    14216 posts Has That Special Something
    Got keane, raul, bareassi, buttwrangler, nedved. nedved is staying with me no matter what. buttwrangler is too new and I need to try him more but will likely stay. Use keane and raul but they could go. bareassi is a complete waste of life.
  • iRusty_yo
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Got keane, raul, bareassi, buttwrangler, nedved. nedved is staying with me no matter what. buttwrangler is too new and I need to try him more but will likely stay. Use keane and raul but they could go. bareassi is a complete waste of life.

Who's buttwrangler?
  • oldboiler
    1979 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn’t do any base icons, players were inflated so sold up and rebought for half the price instead.

Done Rui Costa to throw into Nedved who is in my end game team unless we get a moments Nedved....and Owen a few days ago who ill throw into the first moments SBC I want, hopefully Gerrard
  • DanValletta
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn't do the base SBC. After the moments stunt I've been well wary. I have a few icons ready for sbcs so hopefully i get to use them.
  • hayhor1
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Who's buttwrangler?

Expires in 4 days. Tiny little man but impressive stats and 5 star wf.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m starting to think this may be the case

However, I think it would trigger the biggest outrage this game has ever seen. Currently this whole mess is a slap in the face for people who’ve grinded out untradeable rewards, every single day all I see on various platforms is the anger towards this. If they were to go further and only require one icon I think they will have truly crossed the line and people will just give up on the game
  • Fccheek
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Momus wrote: »
    I’m starting to think this may be the case

However, I think it would trigger the biggest outrage this game has ever seen. Currently this whole mess is a slap in the face for people who’ve grinded out untradeable rewards, every single day all I see on various platforms is the anger towards this. If they were to go further and only require one icon I think they will have truly crossed the line and people will just give up on the game

That’s honestly where I am at I did a lot of baby icon sbcs and I have high rateds and I’m not going to ad some **** overpriced icon to my team. But now it looks like the end game ones won’t be released until...well the end of the gAme. Ea seamed so generous at the start of this year with division rewards and affordable flashbacks potm locus etc but literally since toty it has just been a slap to everyone’s face. Legit turns me of from playing... not to mention my team hasn’t changed in a month or two because I’m waiting for these icons. Probably won’t play next year until tots it’s just not worth getting dicked around
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buttwrangler hahahahahaha made my day this!
  • ml1dch
    1383 posts Professional
    Campbell, Best and 85 Blanc all start for me.

Baresi and Keane barely make the bench. So if one, two or three are needed I'm happy enough.
  • Headshrinker363
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    1 or 2😬

49-A97-CB8-1858-434-F-95-FB-035605725555.jpg
  • hayhor1
    1 or 2😬

All that and you have lucas and alonso 🤢
  • Invincibility
    3258 posts National Call-Up
    1 or 2😬

Lol this is the reason I forbid myself to play with more then 3 icons in my squad
  • starfox1284
    1509 posts Play-Off Hero
    1 or 2😬

Alonso's card is pretty good though...
  • The_WC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would suit me fine. Only have Nakata, Stoichkov and Baresi. I use Stoichkov and Baresi is useful for when my Ramos gets sent off so EA are welcome to my Nakata.

Scary thing will be if you need an icon moments card.

Love ya warren
  • Jonboyparker
    5124 posts Big Money Move
    1 or 2😬

Nothing wrong with Lucas. Prem wise you’ll struggle to get much better for value although I suppose that doesn’t matter with your icons.

I still like him for the first half. FFS sancho comes on after half time.
  • Headshrinker363
    1 or 2😬

I also have about 1k coins😂. Both they players are pretty solid. I play 4-4-2(2) and they do a great job offensively and defensively, as do the other full back and wide man.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    Highly doubt that

you are right that they've already shown they will duplicate ratings if needed, so 3x 89 rated squads is possible

however, i still think you'll need icons in those, it's the quickest way to bump price up.

i have 8 icons and happy to throw 4 of them in
  • Headshrinker363
    1 or 2😬

Lol this is the reason I forbid myself to play with more then 3 icons in my squad

Was hoping a big one would’ve dropped by now being able to use a few as fodder to get it done. Doesn’t look like that’ll ever be the case.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hamzy_LFC wrote: »
    Buttwrangler hahahahahaha made my day this!

So what if Hayhor1 has a men's **** fixation? that shouldn't be a laughing matter :/
  • D0lvl
    1386 posts Play-Off Hero
    With how EA is handling prime and now MOments icons, I regret doing the following SBCs:

Figo, Baresi, Nesta, Rui Costa.

I don’t regret Ballack, Nedved, and Keane.

I gambled on the base icon sbc and got base Keane and base Seedorf (i deemed these as throwaways but who knows now). Base Seedorf is actually not bad but I already have a crowded at that position.

If I play FIFA 20, I’m definitely not going to do as much Icon SBC’s.

• deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    edited March 4
    i have crespo figo rio and zannetti in my team im happy to keep them in or upgrade them for thier moment cards if the drop .
    but i did do
    nakata
    beresi
    vds to for future sbcs .
    i suppose 3 aint so bad im sure i can find use for them in icon sbcs somewhere but for anyone who has lots ea have litterally screwed everyone again.
    dropped base sbc so everyone does a couple and think the big boys are coming .
    then drop icon moments and change the multiple icon requirements for more squads.
    they are unbelievable this yr its like they are actually against thier own community and consumers
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4809 posts Big Money Move
    I have run costa, keane, Baresi, nakata and baby lampard. Keane is the only one that is usable and because his spot needs a strong link to Toty VVD I’m just using 85 Fabinho.
  • hayhor1
    1 or 2😬

Nothing wrong with Lucas. Prem wise you’ll struggle to get much better for value although I suppose that doesn’t matter with your icons.

I still like him for the first half. FFS sancho comes on after half time.

Lucas was a good card in october......