I'm done with Weekend League Sweat Fest!

BorussenBernie09
1362 posts Professional
I can't find the fun factor any longer...

I played 14-14 this WL, although I'm an average G2 Player. 14 wins have never been as hard as they have been this weekend.

I'm really exhausted, because every opponent i was playing against played zero depth and fall back.

I created a lot of chances every game but was missing tons of wide open shots (green lowdriven) It felt like i can't control my players in the box.

Gameplay is bad since months and EA isn't listening to the community. That's why i don't see things getting better gameplay wise in the near future.

If AI Defending won't be nerfed and shooting in the box won't get a huge buff, i can't see me coming back to it.

Yeah, another crying thread, but please get me right: i love FIFA, but EA is killing it for me.

Farwell beloved Weekend League...I'm gone for now but I'm sure you'll find someone else soon :D

Who else has these kind of feelings towards Weekend League? :D

Comments

• bellstar
    48 posts Park Captain
    It's not just weekend league it's every game mode, fifa 19 is just crap EA know this too. I've played fifa for 9 years since 2010 this is the worst ever. I have not played the BS game for nearly 2 weeks and I won't be buying fifa20, pro players have ruined the real footballing side of the game since EA have been listening to them way too much over the past 2 years. Most updates they done in 17 and 18 was due to them moaning about gameplay then they released 19 and it's the worst ever. Unplayable at times. It's just crap.
  • Heshyooo
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game brings no joy
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone just needs to turn off timed finishing and stop obsessing over green vs yellow vs red. I have had timed finishing turned off for months and enjoy not having to care about it.

14-7 this weekend so far (normally Gold 2/Gold 3) and my finishing feels like it always has and not stressing over whether a miss was a certain color. Try it.
  • HideousCompany
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bring back cups!
  • joehuk
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    Played 3 won 3 this afternoon thinking I can get 11 wins so my 2000 points ain't wasted.

But yeah they are I'm done no fun at all in the games.

I'll take 50k a week from squad battles which is also a chore but less stressful 3 or 4 games aday for 7 days is not as bad as 20+ over 1 or 2 days I have to play them
  • SPN1987
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game is just very unenjoyable to play. I'm semi-retired from this game now. Not even qualified for WL this week. Have played about 500 games in total this FIFA. But I'm planning to retire for good and focus to learn on trading a bit more to practice with it till FIFA 20 comes out. Because we all know by now that without any kind of trading you are not able to build yourself a competitive squad. I do enjoy the menu stuff more than the actual gameplay. Which is absolutely ridiculous. But I'm sure a lot of ppl feel the same.
  • FalconFan
    58 posts Park Captain
    bellstar wrote: »
    It's not just weekend league it's every game mode, fifa 19 is just crap EA know this too. I've played fifa for 9 years since 2010 this is the worst ever. I have not played the BS game for nearly 2 weeks and I won't be buying fifa20, pro players have ruined the real footballing side of the game since EA have been listening to them way too much over the past 2 years. Most updates they done in 17 and 18 was due to them moaning about gameplay then they released 19 and it's the worst ever. Unplayable at times. It's just crap.

Exactly, it has stopped being fun, yet we still keep playing.

Not sure why.

But at least I have quit Rivals and anything online.

Not buying 20 or anything EA produces from now on though.
  • number7rocky
    4145 posts National Call-Up
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Everyone just needs to turn off timed finishing and stop obsessing over green vs yellow vs red. I have had timed finishing turned off for months and enjoy not having to care about it.

14-7 this weekend so far (normally Gold 2/Gold 3) and my finishing feels like it always has and not stressing over whether a miss was a certain color. Try it.

I turned of timed finishing after the patch, only ever used it for finesse shots but didn't abuse or rely on it like some. Pretty much get the same WL results. Average is elite 3 if I play my games. 20-4 this WL. My skill rating is better after patch though now I'm in D1.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4820 posts Big Money Move
    TBF the pros say they don’t listen to them. They listen to guys like Castro and Bateson. People who make an incredible living because of EA and are scared to say anything bad. Inception got removed from game changers because he was constantly talking about gameplay to them and they didn’t want to hear that. The pro fifa players are miserable. I feel bad for them. While the guys that make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year opening packs on YouTube, these pro players have to sweat out a tournament playing the hardest opposition imaginable and if they’re lucky and play well they get $750.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

I played 14-14 this WL, although I'm an average G2 Player. 14 wins have never been as hard as they have been this weekend.

I'm really exhausted, because every opponent i was playing against played zero depth and fall back.

I created a lot of chances every game but was missing tons of wide open shots (green lowdriven) It felt like i can't control my players in the box.

Gameplay is bad since months and EA isn't listening to the community. That's why i don't see things getting better gameplay wise in the near future.

If AI Defending won't be nerfed and shooting in the box won't get a huge buff, i can't see me coming back to it.

Yeah, another crying thread, but please get me right: i love FIFA, but EA is killing it for me.

Farwell beloved Weekend League...I'm gone for now but I'm sure you'll find someone else soon :D

I was suffering terrible lag, strikers hitting feather shots despite 2.5-3 bars of power. So I followed @number7rocky ‘s lead and put CR7 at wide cam and @Mini_Miudo ‘s lead by putting a better passer at Cdm (FUTMAS KDB). Won 14 in a row, just chipping to the back post and watching CR7 and Ibra head them in off Rashford El Tornado crosses. Boring as hell, but even lag can’t stop those
  • number7rocky
    edited March 3
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

I was suffering terrible lag, strikers hitting feather shots despite 2.5-3 bars of power. So I followed @number7rocky ‘s lead and put CR7 at wide cam and @Mini_Miudo ‘s lead by putting a better passer at Cdm (FUTMAS KDB). Won 14 in a row, just chipping to the back post and watching CR7 and Ibra head them in off Rashford El Tornado crosses. Boring as hell, but even lag can’t stop those

CR7 is the goat 🐐 Lcam 😉 Hope you use L1 R1 for the downwards header though! More accurate, not as effective as timed finesse at breaking down people that drop back back still very efficient.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

CR7 is the goat 🐐 Lcam 😉 Hope you use L1 R1 for the downwards header though! More accurate, not as effective as timed finesse at breaking down people that drop back back still very efficient.

He’s a cheat card, the L1 R1 downward header goes in 9/10 times. I bring on Ibra at CAM around 65 mins, so if it misses one it gets the other :joy:
  • number7rocky
    edited March 3

He’s a cheat card, the L1 R1 downward header goes in 9/10 times. I bring on Ibra at CAM around 65 mins, so if it misses one it gets the other :joy:

Don't see myself using anyone else at LAM this year, though may be tempted by a PM Gullit Lcam 🤤 Imagine the backpost filth 😉 😂. I use Ibra Ram right now, not the quickest by tried Bale and hated the wf
  • BorussenBernie09
    1362 posts Professional
    LOL, let's found a support group for FIFA Addicts :D!

Before i start using these exploit techniques, I'd rather quit playing. I mean, there's nothing reproachful using Tornado Crosses and all this bs but it shows how broken and done this game is.

If you don't have a gid squad you're forced to exploit to play successful. That's what i hate most about the current FUT.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

Don't see myself using anyone else at LAM this year, though may be tempted by a PM Gullit Lcam 🤤 Imagine the backpost filth😉 😂. I use Ibra Ram right now, not the quickest by tried Bale and hated the wf

Rage messages incoming :joy:
  • number7rocky

Don't see myself using anyone else at LAM this year, though may be tempted by a PM Gullit Lcam 🤤 Imagine the backpost filth😉 😂. I use Ibra Ram right now, not the quickest by tried Bale and hated the wf

Rage messages incoming :joy:

Maybe sometime in August if we ever get his sbc 😂
  • Alx192
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect

I have the same feelings for the WL and for Fifa in general :(.
  • Batman442
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    I'd take WL over division rivals anyday