What the hell have they done to SBs?

TheMightyBee
4046 posts National Call-Up
Tried a few games on legendary the last few days and everything is non responsive, passes slowing to a stop and players not reacting for so many seconds to button input.

Jesus the gameplay is dreadful, do they really think increasing difficulty means making your inputs not work and your good plays feel like at 47 bronze.

You can literally not controls players :D:D

Comments

• Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Try playing a team rated 60 on Ultimate AI, and you will start feeling there is something wrong with the game for sure. I got beat by a team with that rating. I was annoying to say the least
  • TheMightyBee
    It's not even about winning though, my players literally are not responding to inputs for so long and the ball rolls to a stop, it's feel awful.
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Pooter wrote: »
    Try playing a team rated 60 on Ultimate AI, and you will start feeling there is something wrong with the game for sure. I got beat by a team with that rating. I was annoying to say the least

Couldn’t agree more. I played against a 63 rated 30 chem team and lost 3-0. Itvwas like playing a squad full of icons. A cdm with 38 shooting scored a first time volley from 25 yards and a midfielder with 48 shooting scored against Neuer on his near post from the edge of the box online with the 6 yard box.
    24 shots for me 3 for them. Unbelievable.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Reset your router, restore your licenses and rebuild/defrag your console.

Probably won’t work but it could. Also check your dns settings. The google ones (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) made a huge difference to the internet speeds I was getting through my PS4.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Squad battles are on a server so connection makes a difference
  • TheMightyBee
    Squad battles are on a server so connection makes a difference

Could be, but I have no issues in other game modes or streaming HD films etc, upload speed is good too.
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Who thought it was a good idea to have a single player mode running off their servers?
  • Markman007
    4827 posts National Call-Up
    PegLeg wrote: »
    Who thought it was a good idea to have a single player mode running off their servers?

EXACTLY! I hate this ‘always online’ BS that’s become common In games over the last few years.
  • BSDShoes
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    Gameplay in SB has been too far inconsistent for me.
  • TWS001
    2224 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pooter wrote: »

Squad battles has been horrendous since the last but one patch. It's still pretty easy to win on legendary but it certainly isn't fun.

I think if you play on ultimate difficulty, the opposition squad rating and chemistry is meaningless. Pretty sure that it's been confirmed that all the opposing players have 99 everything on ultimate.
  • CeeQue
    14928 posts Has That Special Something
    Been great for me on Legendary. No point to try Ultimate i generally stop at E3 and it's usually done in 5 games.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    It'll do the same thing on professional too.

In fact, the game play better for me on legendary than it does on professional.
  • Renamed123456
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Been great for me on Legendary. No point to try Ultimate i generally stop at E3 and it's usually done in 5 games.

How do you get E3 in 5 games ???
  • CeeQue
    Clean sheets and score a minimum of 3 goals usually 2k+ points in those games. I start on Monday so the update doesn't take much effect on my rankings.

By the weekend I probably play 1/2 games to stay close to E3/G1.
  • Renamed123456
    I play at least 5 games a week on legendary and get 2,100 - 2500 points each time. I find it still requires a lot more games to be in Elite 3 or 2
  • TheMightyBee
    A lot better and much more smooth today compared with all week, odd.
  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up

Lmao so you get 30k points from 5 games do you
  • Kingdingaling
    It's impossible to get elite 3 in under 15 games
  • cjonesdnb
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yeah if they only made the AI harder with each difficulty level, Id be fine with it. But I just cant stand the fact that it most certainly handicaps your playing as well. You guys beating SB on legendary must have stellar squads. I just cant see anyone consistently handling that difficulty (and winning 3-0 or 5-0) without at least an 87-88 rated squad
  • CeeQue

It's not hard 5 games on a Monday at +2k per game is generally E3. Throughout the week obviously it drops and another few games on Saturday/Sunday usually is enough for just barely E3 or drops down to G3. Which is enough for SB.
  • Kingdingaling

It's not hard 5 games on a Monday at +2k per game is generally E3. Throughout the week obviously it drops and another few games on Saturday/Sunday usually is enough for just barely E3 or drops down to G3. Which is enough for SB.

Ur talking out ur backside it's at least 15 games to get elite 3 so you started by saying u have it done by Monday and now a few through the week
  • Kingdingaling
    cjonesdnb wrote: »
    yeah if they only made the AI harder with each difficulty level, Id be fine with it. But I just cant stand the fact that it most certainly handicaps your playing as well. You guys beating SB on legendary must have stellar squads. I just cant see anyone consistently handling that difficulty (and winning 3-0 or 5-0) without at least an 87-88 rated squad

I only started it last year was so hard to defend online so it helped on legendary u have about 38percent possession they ping the ball around like 11 messis lol but its a good way to concentrate n help for when u play people with fifa point teams
  • CeeQue

Ur talking out ur backside it's at least 15 games to get elite 3 so you started by saying u have it done by Monday and now a few through the week

Bruv i was on 18k before this game. I could play those 3 games on WC and would do enough to get E3 this on Ps4 mate.
    20190303-145747-Film2.jpg
    Capture-2019-03-03-15-32-39.png
  • Kingdingaling

Bruv i was on 18k before this game. I could play those 3 games on WC and would do enough to get E3 this on Ps4 mate.
    20190303-145747-Film2.jpg
    Capture-2019-03-03-15-32-39.png

That doesn't show u played 5 games does it omg hi there jackanory
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is anyone getting stronger and stronger opponents? My last three sets did not have a team below 84, and now the new one again - 84, 87, 87, 89. Somebody does not want me to play on legendary, I guess :)
  • PiotrLolo
    3438 posts National Call-Up
    Psyclon13 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting stronger and stronger opponents? My last three sets did not have a team below 84, and now the new one again - 84, 87, 87, 89. Somebody does not want me to play on legendary, I guess :)

That's how my first 3 days of looked like 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately it will be like this more often, people getting better players, making stronger teams.
  • BSDShoes
    3212 posts National Call-Up

Strange I was getting tons of 59-65 rated teams, only the last two are like 81-86. I threw together a silver 70 rated team after seeing a bunch of low rated teams in my list, my 88 rated team gets absolutely smashed by those squads below 80 and they play a lot better vs my 70 rated squad.
  • TheMightyBee

I'm not sure rating makes a whole lot of difference, I sometimes win so easily against elite 88+ squads on legendary and struggle to score against 74 rated teams.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    On ultimate every player has 99 rating so it doesn't matter if they are bronze, silver or gold/special.
  • ImAtrocious
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    I usually just play the top rated team on pro, then the next two on the level up from that, and then the weakest team on legendary. Even though I hate the mode I played it with my fitness squad this week to get my main team fresh again. I ended up with E2, so I'll see what the rewards look like tonight to see if it's worth ever bothering with that again.