Competitive FIFA Prize Money...What A Joke

AFC_95
8828 posts League Winner
2d0f97m.png

Comments

• Yoshi
    3636 posts National Call-Up
    It's the reason I never attempted to take fut champs serious and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Its so difficult to qualify for these tournaments and players are getting nothing. All people who qualify should be atl east getting 1k minimum. EA make 1m per lighting round and their ceo makes 35million yearly lmao
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Yoshi wrote: »
    It's the reason I never attempted to take fut champs serious and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Its so difficult to qualify for these tournaments and players are getting nothing. All people who qualify should be atl east getting 1k minimum. EA make 1m per lighting round and their ceo makes 35million yearly lmao

Imagine being the fifth best in the world. You've had to grind WL every single week and pump FP in to make sure your team can help you get to qualifiers. You have to fly yourself out for tournaments and then come away with $750 lol.
  • Mjdtheman
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Imagine being the fifth best in the world. You've had to grind WL every single week and pump FP in to make sure your team can help you get to qualifiers. You have to fly yourself out for tournaments and then come away with $750 lol.

Well hopefully more people realise it’s not worth it and actually play the game for fun instead of sweaty
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    castro earns more money for commentating.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Mjdtheman wrote: »

Well hopefully more people realise it’s not worth it and actually play the game for fun instead of sweaty

This is pro tournaments. They play to win.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    castro earns more money for commentating.

I know. It's crazy.
  • Brownian_Motion
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 1
    $750 if you end up in the 5th to 8th bucket, oh my...you can buy plenty of FPs and maybe pack a 83 CB board with some luck. Juicy.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Compared to Starcraft II prizes, a 9 year old game that generates a tiny fraction of the revenue compared to FIFA

:joy: :joy:

QkUdgYr.jpg
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    And I thought fut champs rewards were bad.....EA really are the lowest of the low like anything to save a penny.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why don’t all the pros make a stand though? There’s not that many of them so it wouldn’t be too difficult.

Also it’s not as if they’re replaceable. You can’t have professional tournaments for people who aren’t the best
  • Slawter
    3839 posts National Call-Up
    Agree it's shocking but i imagine it's something to do with the fact competitive Fifa gets far less viewers competitively. Usually competition organisers for e-sports are not the company that makes the game itself so it probably won't be EA hosting (I could be wrong about that).
    Competitive Fifa has a lower entertainment value and, to be honest, the skill cap is much lower for pros than it is in games that are popular in esports such as CS:GO, Starcraft or LoL.
  • Alx192
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mjdtheman wrote: »

Kind of hard to play this game for fun :D.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    $750 if you end up in the 5th to 8th bucket, oh my...you can buy plenty of FPs and maybe pack a 83 CB board with some luck. Juicy.

Lmao exactly.