The reality about PACE

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
Can someone explain or suggest why this is the case?

I bought mid Butragueno the other day and I’m playing him currently up top in a 41212(2) with POTM Aubameyang.

If anything, PEA has better pace on the stats. Yet when I put Butra away, he is literally gone. There is no catching him, not online or by the AI on Ultimate / Legendary. I have not seen anything like it on this game.

How is it he is so fast in comparison to other players with similar stats? Only thing I can think is because of his height difference, as though the low center of gravity somehow makes him faster in game.

Comments

• Hippyboy6
    16858 posts World Class
    Could it be balance & agility?
  • Danic123
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Could it be balance & agility?

It could be! I’ve no idea tbh. I would’ve thought that sprint speed and acceleration would’ve been the only stat that matters, but it could well be a combination of stats / body shape etc.
  • Scutch
    10264 posts Has That Special Something
    In conclusion, Icons play above their stats. Always have done. Not sure why, or how. But they do.

Could also be down to chem styles, chemistry ratings (team and individual) and of course sliders :trollface:
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    My smaller players feel a lot faster than my taller players, Nedved faster than Ibra, my figo is twice as fast as POTM Auba ever was for me
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner
    Yea smaller players are always quicker, it's like the tall ones touch the ground less often so don't accelerate as quickly, it was the way they looked for sprinters until bolt came along
  • Diggy
    13527 posts Has That Special Something
    Smaller players with high agility are much faster
  • Primal
    4330 posts National Call-Up
    its alot to do with the player model and size i believe , ea dont really give us any info on it.
  • Yoshi
    3636 posts National Call-Up
    balance and agility the most important stat for attacing players. If i had a bronze team with 90 pace with 99 balance and 99 agility, i could put 5 past my opponent. Its the stat that affects if you can turn or basically move with your players. Engine OP
  • Colt_seevers
    1061 posts Professional
    edited March 1
    Scutch wrote: »
    In conclusion, Icons play above their stats. Always have done. Not sure why, or how. But they do.

Could also be down to chem styles, chemistry ratings (team and individual) and of course sliders :trollface:

Inzaghi dosent. Nor do any of the keepers. In fact a lot of the icons are pretty crap
  • o0OainavO0o
    2141 posts Fans' Favourite
    Butra has higher stamina, acceleration, and aggression... depending on which butra.
  • tauras
    3646 posts National Call-Up
    I find baresi runs alot faster than his pace suggests.
  • Diggy
    13527 posts Has That Special Something
    tauras wrote: »

Same with Cannavaro
  • o0OainavO0o
    2141 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »

Same with Cannavaro

Same with ucl Kompany, players hardly get by him, not sure why but I’m guessing he has really big strides/steps.
  • Reus
    22315 posts Club Captain

Yet koulibaly feels like 40 pace
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    Agility stat counts loads towards pace
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Dribbling ability also comes into play. The touches will be better timed to keep his pace going.
  • P
    7487 posts League Winner
    Always found that with butra as well. Guys rapid.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4154 posts National Call-Up
    Potm Sterling feels super fast for me.