Should EA bring back trade offers?

Jfo88
22596 posts Club Captain
edited February 28
76-E92-EEC-1-C50-47-F3-8-F32-6-C5-B6835-A67-E.jpg

Should EA bring back trade offers? 138 votes

Yes
73%
UM4REddieFicioMikeCampinoTh3 UK SmurfEduOtisPrestoo0OainavO0oHoopsterzPepe Le DiLzZ PikachuJfo88Bobb Fliiip__Humma78VICTAAAAEquinox 85Zambo9Tesco 102 votes
No
26%
RadioShaqDiggyNornIronLeonidasJBReusBradBakerAFWardCrosslandSercskfcbucket21DarthGrowlerbhafc1901Paciga45Carson_92LorenzoVccunni100MasscheranoAlexSolm'96dc2 36 votes

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69045 posts Moderator
    Yes
    Would be nice, but everyone would just exploit it. So unfortunately we can't have nice things.
  • WFCBagnall
    69045 posts Moderator
    Yes
    Could just put the option to only trade players rating for rating and you can't add coins.
  • Campino
    26773 posts Player of the Year
    Yes
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Would be nice, but everyone would just exploit it. So unfortunately we can't have nice things.

• EddieFicio
    20964 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Just bring it back, its not like coin selling has stopped.

I believe in Madden they have it so the card becomes untradeable until it's returned to the owner
  • RadioShaq
    14792 posts Moderator
    No
    Jp from ultimate database posted the figure was low like .05 percent of trades went through so was not worth the hassle.
  • Diggy
    13520 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    It would be nice but there are bad people in the world & it would be exploited
  • Dan is Clutch
    24245 posts Club Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Jp from ultimate database posted the figure was low like .05 percent of trades went through so was not worth the hassle.

That's because you'd list a Messi up for sale and receive 20 trade offers for contracts and bronze players. :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    69045 posts Moderator
    Yes
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Could just put the option to only trade players rating for rating and you can't add coins.

Even if you could only trade “untradeable” players amongst friends would be better. Would not effect the market

Agreed. Plenty of possibilities.
  • Azof
    16011 posts World Class
    Yes
    Forum was so good back in the day when trade offers were a thing. Got to try so many teams I wouldn't have been able to and got to let others play with mine
  • BrentfordFC
    11442 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    Yes.

Players only amongst friends. Allowing untradeable cards to be deemed useful for your friends etc. I’m sure 90% of people who pack benrahma red from wl wouldn’t want him but I would :trollface:
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    I think being able to swap around untradeable champs cards is a good idea
  • Scutch
    10264 posts Has That Special Something
    I think they need to do something different for Fifa 20.
  • BiigDee
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    You should be able to earn a token after a said amount of games played that will allow you to transfer list an untradeable card.
  • Diggy
    13520 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    BiigDee wrote: »
    You should be able to earn a token after a said amount of games played that will allow you to transfer list an untradeable card.

No because imagine the icon market
  • DarthGrowler
    14185 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    God no. It would be detrimantal to the game. It would be used to scam etc. I would live to see a loan system IE I loan my CR9 to my mate with a deadline and it returns to my club on that date
  • RadioShaq
    14792 posts Moderator
    No

That's because you'd list a Messi up for sale and receive 20 trade offers for contracts and bronze players. :joy:

Yeah that and all the bid bumping and scams. Forum was just filled with complaints compared to the people who used it correctly or for good reasons like it was intended.
  • DarthGrowler
    14185 posts Has That Special Something
    No

Yeah that and all the bid bumping and scams. Forum was just filled with complaints compared to the people who used it correctly or for good reasons like it was intended.

Bid Bumping as rampant. I seen some crazy bids on stuff. EA fixed that and credit is due
  • WFCBagnall
    69045 posts Moderator
    Yes
    God no. It would be detrimantal to the game. It would be used to scam etc. I would live to see a loan system IE I loan my CR9 to my mate with a deadline and it returns to my club on that date

But if there was a rating system where you could only swap cards with the same rating, then there can't really be any scamming involved. If I had a 90 rated Kroos untrafeable and wanted to swap him with someone for a 90 Oblak, then there's no difference in price and I get the player I'd want.

Most of the players with the same rating are in the same price range pretty much, so it would work.
  • UM4R
    3812 posts Moderator
    Yes
    they can start by letting you send your untradeable cards to your friends, have cards that i have no use for but others would.

Got a few inform silvers by offering cheap high rated golds in exchange :D >:)
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    yes but coin sellers would be doing handstands with it returning

trade offers gone the way of the dodo and the dinosaurs
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    But possibly only between friends who have been linked for over 30 days or something? Gets rid of the nobs saying they can "duplicate" your Ronny 🤣
  • Idek
    10075 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 28
    No
    Surprised at how many people have voted yes, it can be manipulated way too easily

By the time they implemented every possible regulation to stop it being exploited it would be largely pointless anyway
  • o0OainavO0o
    2141 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
    Idek wrote: »
    Surprised at how many people have voted yes, it can be manipulated way too easily

By the time they implemented every possible regulation to stop it being exploited it would be largely pointless anyway

The manipulators are still manipulating.... even without it, if not, even manipulating more now tbh...
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 28
    Yes
    Yup but it should be restricted to untradeable cards and no coin offers.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Yes

• Hoopsterz
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    Be nice if you had to have been friends for say 12 months on XBL before you could trade with some-one..

Or if EA were smart enough to make their game secure enough that they don't have to remove features cos they are incompetent enough to resolve the issue.
  • RebelRob
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    I think with basic ‘rules’ it could be implemented fairly easily.

Trade between friends only.
    Traded cards become untradeable when received unless returned to the original owner.
    Trades are temporary only, and a predetermined timescale upon transfer is agreed before accepting.
  • Rb10119
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    But possibly only between friends who have been linked for over 30 days or something? Gets rid of the nobs saying they can "duplicate" your Ronny 🤣

Looool use to happen so much
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    TimRUFC wrote: »

Looool use to happen so much

Another one was people claiming to want to trade their Messi or whatever for a full squad to avoid tax and they'd put up like 3/4 bronzes first because you could only trade offer 4 players at a time I think it was, have people trade offer on them and just do a runner with the players :D

You'd have to be pretty slow to fall for any of these though but they were all over the forums