Automation and lack of actual control

Neil_LUAFC
36 posts Last Pick at the Park
I was being Ronaldo'd on Seasons last night (free kicks, volleys, corners, the works lol) so rather than quit I'd down the pad and wait until my opponent either scored again with another copy cat goal or put the ball out of play. On one instance he crossed the ball into the box and with the pad lying beside my selected player (player switch on air balls was on) gave away a penalty!

Given I did absolutely nothing I'd love to know why the Dev's at EA thought crap like this was a good idea. I'm a seasoned manual player since 11 and I just don't feel in control anymore with the majority of goals I score or concede being sweaty. It's a truly unfulfilling experience for the most part. First time passing is unresponsive and random, shooting even more random! Dial pressure up to 100, hump it forward and spam your way up the league's.....

Things have truly gone backwards with 19.

Comments

• Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It was nice knowing you, Neil. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Neil I am a manual player of over 10 years and even though I still enjoy playing FIFA 19 with manual controls I have experienced so many times where I have crossed the ball and my striker or player it happens to go to scores without me even pressing the shoot button . Also I have experienced more than once my players after a FIFA 19 rebound ,scores without me giving any input.
    This is definitely the worst FIFA for manual controls and probably 20 will be worse .The game is so automated it's untrue .Assisted players hardly have any input on their play except who can spam faster. I really cannot see how anyone who plays with assisted controls gets anything out of playing this game.Being manual obviously is better and you need some skill but we have auto tendencies still in our play which helps us.Its horrible .
  • Neil_LUAFC
    edited February 28
    Yeah, there's some really annoying things creeping into the manual game in 19. I'm having a lot of problems with the game deciding that the player I'm passing to is going to go on a run and ignores the pass and it switches control to a different player who most of the time the ball never gets to whereas my intended recipient would have just run onto it!!!

Shooting is all over the place too. I'm finding it impossible to curl low finesse shots across the keeper inside the far post when in 1 v 1 situations at an angle to the goal. It always does a near post shot even when the players alledged preferred foot would make him go the way I want!!! Shots from distance also feel random and inconsistent. I'm not using timed finishing so maybe that's the way to go to get the consistency maybe.

I don't think a lot of players even know about assisted controls. Like you, why you would intentionally play in such way is beyond me, where's the skill in it?

FIFA has always been a love/hate game for me but this is definitely a large step backwards imo.
    Post edited by Neil_LUAFC on
  • Neil_LUAFC
    It was nice knowing you, Neil. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll stick at like all the other suckas probably lol
  • GoonerSoldier
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah, there's some really annoying things creeping into the manual game in 19. I'm having a lot of problems with the game deciding that the player I'm passing to is going to go on a run and ignores the pass and it switches control to a different player who most of the time the ball never gets to whereas my intended recipient would have just run onto it!!!

Shooting is all over the place too. I'm finding it impossible to curl low finesse shots across the keeper inside the far post when in 1 v 1 situations at an angle to the goal. It always does a near post shot even when the players alledged preferred foot would make him go the way I want!!! Shots from distance also feel random and inconsistent. I'm not using timed finishing so maybe that's the way to go to get the consistency maybe.

I don't think a lot of players even know about assisted controls. Like you, why you would intentionally play in such way is beyond me, where's the skill in it?

FIFA has always been a love/hate game for me but this is definitely a large step backwards imo.

Bro. LOOK at the broken passing in this game. This is just ONE example. I could upload a Billion more. Us Manual players are suffering the most because of this Automated awful gameplay. It happens with both normal x pass and thru pass. The player further away from the ball will attempt the run instead of the player closer to the ball. You could even see the direction I was aiming in this video and the defender goes running from the back for the ball instead of the player closer to the ball. Ridiculously broken even on Manual which I thought would never happen.

• rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA cannot get game right for the assisted trendies so there is no chance they can for us manual players.
  • Neil_LUAFC
    Yeah, that video sums it up nicely, WTF have they done ?!?!?