Base Maldini wasted at LB?

Giacdeman
391 posts Sunday League Hero
I have just packed 88 VVD. For chem reasons I have to move base Maldini from his 7chem CB position to LB. I wonder if Maldini is wasted as a leftback as he is basically the player who is worth the most in my squad(icon sbc).

Comments

• Dutch3723
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    He’s very good in either position but is obviously a very defensive full back. If you like a more attacking wing back then I would sell and use the coins to improve elsewhere. 500k+ can do a lot more to your team elsewhere?
  • D Heleteli
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2019
    I have been meaning to buy him to try at LB. Certainly can't see him being wasted there if he plays to his stats. Current 'meta' is having tall defenders who can defend far post crosses
  • Giacdeman
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    He’s very good in either position but is obviously a very defensive full back. If you like a more attacking wing back then I would sell and use the coins to improve elsewhere. 500k+ can do a lot more to your team elsewhere?

Yeah well I got him untradeable so selling is out of the question, haha. In my head the impact of a player is bigger in the centre of the field, hence why I am playing him CB.
    D Heleteli wrote: »
    I have been meaning to buy him to try at LB. Certainly can't see him being wasted there if he plays to his stats. Current 'meta' is having tall defenders who can defend far post crosses

You are right about the meta! I have no doubts he will be good at LB but just worried I am not using him to his full potential at LB.
  • SayBz
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Didn't like him at LB. He's a monster as CB better than varane & ramos.
    I swapped them IG with Headliner Hernandez whos a monster at lb.
  • Giacdeman
    SayBz wrote: »
    Didn't like him at LB. He's a monster as CB better than varane & ramos.
    I swapped them IG with Headliner Hernandez whos a monster at lb.

Thought about that aswell. In order to do that I have to use Oblak in goal. Is he any good?
  • Gav037
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It is a defensive LB, if you use a formation that doesn’t rely on your fullbacks to go forward and help the attack, Maldini is a perfect LB.