The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Someone called me a **** on PSN... I get a 7 day ban

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
edited February 2019
I get called a dirty ****

I then reply back with 'tramp'.

I report his message on PSN, I THEN PROCEED TO BE THE ONE BEING SUSPENDED.

PSN is a joke.
Post edited by ha032742 on

Comments

• fifaplayerbol
    rip weekend league
  • Clancy
    7763 posts League Winner
    :D:D
  • Mizzle
    654 posts Semi-Pro
    Tbf. Pretty sure you wouldn't have got a 7 day ban without plenty of warnings and smaller bans before. Think it's warning, maybe 2, communication ban, 24hr ban, 3 day ban, 7 day ban :lol:
  • Mizzle
    654 posts Semi-Pro
    Not saying you deserved this one mind
  • How do you report a message on PSN?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2019
    Aren't you the same guy who was banned a while back for the same sort of reason?

Just turn messages and friend requests off and you have no issues again
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    I called someone a "terrible player" this weekend (literally no insults in there, I've had bans before so learned my lesson) but the message isn't there anymore, says "Deleted by SIE Moderation"... if I get banned for calling someone a "terrible player", I'm actually done with PSN. What's the point of a message system if you can't say anything without getting a ban?
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I called someone a "terrible player" this weekend (literally no insults in there, I've had bans before so learned my lesson) but the message isn't there anymore, says "Deleted by SIE Moderation"... if I get banned for calling someone a "terrible player", I'm actually done with PSN. What's the point of a message system if you can't say anything without getting a ban?

Because little jimmy's mom and dad don't know the vulgarity he is probably sending but get pissed off when he starts crying about a message sent to him that hurt his feelings.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2019
    bucs0576 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Because little jimmy's mom and dad don't know the vulgarity he is probably sending but get pissed off when he starts crying about a message sent to him that hurt his feelings.

Lol. To be fair, he didn't reply with anything rude either, the messages went like this (I would screenshot but they're gone ofc):

Me: "Not controlling your defenders all game and just running back with Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo. Terrible player."
    Him: "You are very lucky, you won because of scripting."

Both messages are now gone. Just why, what's the point?
  • bucs0576
    Lol. That's why I'm on friends only for receiving.
  • For those unsure how to report a message on PSN

Go to Messages (note: not in Friends or notifications)
    Select the message
    Click on Options
    Then select "Report"
    It takes you through a couple of steps where you can say why you're reporting it

In Rivals just now I had the wonderfully encouraging message:
    "F*** you MotherF******"
    Followed by
    "No playing nothing"

Which I did find rather ironic, given that I actually try to play "football" - well, as much as this game allows - by defending manually and passing the ball between players, whereas he didn't appear to have touched his defenders all game, and just chased me senselessly with his attackers...

And I do worry for the poor person's sanity, if they're getting that worked up about a Div 5 Rivals game....
  • bucs0576
    Lol. Reminds me of a video a few years ago where this guy was playing a kid that happened to be on a mic. He was literally crying because he couldn't get the ball.
  • bucs0576 wrote: »
    Lol. That's why I'm on friends only for receiving.

I've "met" some decent people through messaging after good games, asking about their experiences with specific players, complimenting them on interesting teams etc.

It's just such a pity that there are so many toxic, angry people out there.

(I mentioned this elsewhere, but after one recent game I received the message: "cheating". Errr... this is PS4? If I'd worked out how to cheat, do you really think I'd have the relatively inexpensive team I have and be languishing in Div 5 and Gold 3?!? )
  • bucs0576
    Unfortunately I'm on NA servers constantly matched against mexicans and central Americans. Trust me, not descent fifa people.
    1. Waits for ai to kickoff everytime.
    2. Watch every cut scene and replay.
    3. 3 full time pauses when game is out of reach in 88-90th minute.

On top if all that, it's usually horrendous gameplay.
  • Jason1986
    7096 posts Big Money Move
    I get called a dirty c***

PSN is a joke.
    Ahahahaha
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2019
    I do not miss playing Rivals and WL for this very reason reason. Just like @EricVanDerek I have ran across some decent people, but far fewer than the opposite.

Given what I have seen and reported it is hard to think anyone has received a ban for anything... unless there is a suspicion of buying or selling coins.
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    I get called a dirty c***

PSN is a joke.

You responded calling a name back. And you've admitted to doing this before. Take some responsibility for once in your life.

I love getting messages. If they message me before the end of the game I send them the replay of my goals, no matter how bad. I always kill them with kindness after that. Then when they become nice I report their initial message. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    Sounds fair to me.
  • Team Sam
    2157 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me.

• Pooter
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    Someone called me a ‘tw*t’ I replied reported, because what did I do? Answers on a postcard please
  • Moy
    995 posts Professional
    I’ve only every sent compliments if I’ve had a really good end to end game with someone.
    Don’t see any point in being a bit of a Richard about it
  • Amdp9
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Burchy
    972 posts Semi-Pro
    I played earlier, was wining 1-0 then he scored 2 goals and Decided to shhhhh me throughout both celebrations.

I then equalised and he sent me a message straight away telling me he only shhhhhed me because i scored early.

I scored again to make it 3-2 and he instantly quit, sent me message after message telling me I’m a
    25 year old virgin and I’m a C&#t etc.

I find it funny thinking he is sitting there angry as hell. But what’s the need to send a message? I wouldn’t ever think of sending one it’s pointless!
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    I love a good hate message, gives me a laugh! N

Answer to your problem is just don’t respond.
  • When you buy FIFA 20, you should also get a voucher for anger-management classes...
  • MHoney1234
    10043 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds fair to me.

Anyone message me abuse it’s report, then the reply, enjoy your ban. I like getting ❤️❤️❤️❤️ banned.
  • Zv1k0
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me.

Anyone message me abuse it’s report, then the reply, enjoy your ban. I like getting **** banned.

I used to do the same but since that factory reset message I have it off.
  • Is the factory reset still a thing, or have they fixed it now?
  • fifaplayerbol
    Ah at least I get a weekend off - haven’t redeemed my points so can always play next week.

I’m disabling my messages from now on
  • Zv1k0
    Is the factory reset still a thing, or have they fixed it now?

They fixed it a long time ago but you never know, something similar or even worse might come up.
This discussion has been closed.