Stop keeping my opponents in the game

Stkyfngz
4938 posts Big Money Move
Yeah it's not fun to get smashed in this game but it's also not fun when i hit the post 3 times or his keeper makes godly saves.

Comments

• limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    These things happen time to time and it’s frustrating. It probably happened in 2 out of the 23 games I played over the weekend from what I remembered. We aren’t good enough to overcome it.

Chill bro
  • torcids
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah happens alot, but I also been the other end when the guys hits 2-3 posts. Feel bad for him
    but I know it will happen to me next game.
  • alvchong
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ya. Is both side. I learnt to take it. Is just a game.
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hit the post 5 times in one game over the weekend (a new record for me), and 3 times in the next game
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »
    These things happen time to time and it’s frustrating. It probably happened in 2 out of the 23 games I played over the weekend from what I remembered. We aren’t good enough to overcome it.

Chill bro

I get what your saying but Happens more than time to time for me once i reach certain level in wl the random bs starts I’m definitely not playing better opponents when u getting 20-30 attempts on goal to their 4-6
    which normally results in 2-0 loss usually from a crappy shot from distance we’re my keeper decides to jump under it or parry it right into path of oncoming attacker
  • Seandimes
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    Williejno1 wrote: »

Chill bro

I get what your saying but Happens more than time to time for me once i reach certain level in wl the random bs starts I’m definitely not playing better opponents when u getting 20-30 attempts on goal to their 4-6
    which normally results in 2-0 loss usually from a crappy shot from distance we’re my keeper decides to jump under it or parry it right into path of oncoming attacker

No offense intended, but I doubt you can get 20-30 good shots on goal against any opponent who is somewhat decent. Especially without scoring a single goal. Probably better to focus on creating fewer, but better chances
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero

Chill bro

It's very annoying but it does happen IRL

Look at Palace vs Leicester at the weekend

Leicester 27 shots 66% possession

Palace 7 shots 34% possession

Palace won 4-1...
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...
    Absolutely detest this reasoning for this sort of thing.

The goalkeepers aren't controlled by the same AI in real life. The assisted shooting isn't controlled by the same AI in real life.

This is a video game that's meant to be an eSport. Imagine being robbed of a win in a major tournament because the AI decides your opponents goalkeeper is going to have a godly game, how is that fair? It's like coming up against someone in fortnite who's weapons deal more damage than yours despite having the same guns.
  • McLaughlan_26
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

The goalkeepers aren't controlled by the same AI in real life. The assisted shooting isn't controlled by the same AI in real life.

This is a video game that's meant to be an eSport. Imagine being robbed of a win in a major tournament because the AI decides your opponents goalkeeper is going to have a godly game, how is that fair? It's like coming up against someone in fortnite who's weapons deal more damage than yours despite having the same guns.

Isn't this game supposed to be a football simulator?

We're all given a bunch of cards with some stats and play under the same rules

You could have 30 half chances and get them all saved, the other person could create 1 open net and have no other chances all game and win 1-0

It happens you can just get unlucky as you can in real life

I genuinely don't believe in any of the conspiracy theories. If anyone could lose and anyone could win you wouldn't get people consistantly going 30-0
  • Jason1986

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

You could have 30 half chances and get them all saved, the other person could create 1 open net and have no other chances all game and win 1-0

I genuinely don't believe in any of the conspiracy theories. If anyone could lose and anyone could win you wouldn't get people consistantly going 30-0
    Online FUT isn't a football simulator. Far from it.

FUT is a competitive game mode that rewards you for winning. How is it fair that the AI can have a say in the result of a match?

How can a competitive esport have "luck" decide the result of a match?
  • McLaughlan_26

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

FUT is a competitive game mode that rewards you for winning. How is it fair that the AI can have a say in the result of a match?

How are the AI not going to have a say

95% of players let the AI do 100% of the defending for them... The pros do the same thing

The AI make off the ball runs, tackle, block etc etc

There's 11 players on the pitch and you can only control one of them at a time

My point is, the vast majority of the time, the better player wins the game, occasionaly you will get unlucky. People are finishing 30-0 in WL so they're clearly better than their opponents if the AI decided the majority of the games they would plenty of losses in those 30 games.

In normal seasons I'm 33-1-0, that 1 draw I got I had 20+ shots, the majority where clear cut chances and I drew 3-3 to someone who scored 2 deflections and a corner with 4 total shots, I was unlucky it happens.
  • Stkyfngz
    edited February 2019

Chill bro

I get that it happens but it's happening in like every other game. It's just kinda silly when his keeper saves 3 cut back shots in a game and then i also hit the post.

It's not that i'm not winning but seriously, this game is more challenging than it should be and it isn't because of my opponent, i also don't like the game rewarding me back 2 rebound goals after i get scored on from a counter.

• I dont play fifa no more but i get what you're saying what makes me laugh is when people say this happens in real life though.

This is a video game not real life you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this is the exact reason why fifa has gone down the toilet over the years trying to replicate real life bs which makes the game completely random and has things in there that you will never be in control of there's no wonder people spend most of their time in the menus because fifa is now a menu simulator :D

Until ea changes their tune with this nonsense fifa is never going to change you either one keep plugging away at it and get the same results over and over again or two you take a stand and stop playing it.

Thankfully option 2 was a blessing I'm now a way more chilled out person and now i have time for games that actually work.
  • Jason1986

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

95% of players let the AI do 100% of the defending for them... The pros do the same thing

My point is, the vast majority of the time, the better player wins the game, occasionaly you will get unlucky. People are finishing 30-0 in WL so they're clearly better than their opponents if the AI decided the majority of the games they would plenty of losses in those 30 games.

In normal seasons I'm 33-1-0, that 1 draw I got I had 20+ shots, the majority where clear cut chances and I drew 3-3 to someone who scored 2 deflections and a corner with 4 total shots, I was unlucky it happens.
    Yes I know the AI controls 20 of the 22 players in a pitch at all times, theres no way around that and that's not the issue being discussed.

What is being discussed is how the AI can decide if a certain chance created is a goal or not. Especially when you start to make far more and far better opportunities than your opponent. How can the game decide to keep the game even in terms of scoreline when one player is obviously better than the other?

Pro players and the top 100 player don't play away games, they'll sit for ages searching for a game to avoid each other. And their ability is far higher than most which negates the AI's involvement. Don't think you can really use them as an example.
  • Stkyfngz

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

Yes I know the AI controls 20 of the 22 players in a pitch at all times, theres no way around that and that's not the issue being discussed.

What is being discussed is how the AI can decide if a certain chance created is a goal or not. Especially when you start to make far more and far better opportunities than your opponent. How can the game decide to keep the game even in terms of scoreline when one player is obviously better than the other?

Pro players and the top 100 player don't play away games, they'll sit for ages searching for a game to avoid each other. And their ability is far higher than most which negates the AI's involvement. Don't think you can really use them as an example.

The most important thing is that it's not that we're not winning, but that the game is clearly making it harder at times.

I lose to people who are better and feel like my GK probably bails me out every 10 wins but i swear, some of my games are like 1-0 or 2-0 wins when i could've easily won by 5 or 6 goals.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    8033 posts League Winner

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

At tournaments they play a different build of the game. It’s called “fifa 19 esports.” What the difference is I can’t say. But it’s a different game.
  • forearms
    6383 posts Big Money Move

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

At tournaments they play a different build of the game. It’s called “fifa 19 esports.” What the difference is I can’t say. But it’s a different game.

If that is true, it tells you all you need to know.
  • D0lvl
    5079 posts Big Money Move
    I mentioned this in a thread a while back.

It's false advertising if the gameplay they show in E-sports is different from what the masses experience in real life.

I watched the F2tekk finals match and their gameplay is offline smooth. There is no way I can pull off those skill moves like that in the current retail environment.

Are pros supplied the players or do they buy coins and spend tons on FP?

FIFA prize pool is a joke though compared to other game tournaments...
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Do what I did to secure my best ever WL finish this week

My last 4 games, I pretended to be Pep Guardiola with my 4-3-3(2)

I had 70-75% possession every game, all 2-0 or 3-0 wins, I didn't let my opponent touch the ball until he committed then just punished any gap he left open.

Borderline griefing, yes, but once they go a goal down and have to defend like a normal human being then they are like a headless chicken and it's a free win.

i would, except the game guarantees me a max number of passes before it takes over and does what it wants. Usually gives the ball away by

- poor pass direction
    - poor pass weight
    - awful trampoline touch
    - crazy lunge
    - stupid rebound

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

Chill bro

Palace won 4-1...

A say ..sure.A MAJOR say ...should not happen. It does.