If you’re having no possession and make no tackles you should be being blown away.

Alex_cr
4784 posts National Call-Up
I have never experienced it as extreme as I have this weekend. People just aren’t engaging in the game. I’m sure EA didn’t mean to make it this way but it’s really poor that they’ve not noticed this in development.

I get that teams play deep in real life but this is a game! Sitting back and blocking shots for 12 minutes must be really dull.

Comments

• Hagooey
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 4 in a row that did this yesterday, had enough of it and it needs fixing.

No enjoyment for me and surely not for the person doing it either?
  • Alex_cr
    4784 posts National Call-Up
    Hagooey wrote: »
    Played 4 in a row that did this yesterday, had enough of it and it needs fixing.

No enjoyment for me and surely not for the person doing it either?

That’s exactly what I think but I guess the win is the be all and end all. I regularly had 70% + possession this weekend - that’s a crazy amount of time to not even attempt to have the ball.

But it’s a symptom of the game and I really don’t think they can change it to the degree they’d need to this year. 20 needs a total overhaul.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    You could be 3-0 up and they still wouldn’t attempt to get the ball.

I got called out for ‘time wasting’ the other day. Was 2-0 up, and passing the ball between my players in his half, all whilst he was running around in circles on the edge of his box with his CDM nowhere near the ball at all.

Yes I’m awfully sorry for not blindly passing into your box with 11 men guarding it, allowing you to have a quick counter and score.

At one point I stopped to do kick ups and he was still controlling his player 20 yards away. For some, the META is ingrained in their way of life