ur plan or what you will do diff in fifa 20 if you play after this mess?!?!?.

Comments

• tilen11
    5387 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Wont buy 20. Havent played 19 since November and gave the game to a friend.

Curious to know why you still go on FIFA forum if you don;'t play?

This is the kind of addiction i was talking about, I stopped playing GTA 5 a while ago and don't bother with the forums etc. but people still follow the FIFA forum/updates even if they don't have fifa 19 lol

There is a great Liverpool thread where we fans discuss and thats pretty much it.
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero

This is the kind of addiction i was talking about, I stopped playing GTA 5 a while ago and don't bother with the forums etc. but people still follow the FIFA forum/updates even if they don't have fifa 19 lol

There is an easy answer to this from me: It is to gauge the community reaction to the latest version so I can use it to help make a decision on whether to buy it or not. Having seen pretty much identical posts to the previous version, I knew it was not worth buying 19 so I will do the same when 20 is released.
  • SPN1987
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 25
    I just hope FIFA 20 has way more skill involved and way more casual fun game modes. Main reason to grind the game for me is not for better rewards to keep upgrading my team. No, it is to actually improve my skill level. But I feel like in FIFA 19 it is just completely pointless to try to get better. Because it mainly comes down to abuse mechanics and tactics more and get better players to carry you instead of winning more games by actually getting better at the game. Winning more games than before doesn't mean you actually got better at the game IMO. :s
  • Skely
    840 posts Professional
    I canceled my EA subscription already. And I won’t buy it. I just can’t read anywhere how amazing 20 is or I may get back... 😂
  • Futfanatic wrote: »
    I don’t like the game and now I get hate on the forums too. I’m already mostly done for 19, finished for 20.

Why are you gettin hate? I’ve been a long time member/lurker/prisoner and you seem cool.

You seemed to genuinely enjoy the game for a long time. You knows **** has hit the fam when you lose your love for the game.
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    great feed back in here chaps seems the majority feel the same.
    good to here diff ppls thoughts good or bad
  • Futfanatic
    13462 posts Has That Special Something
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    I don’t like the game and now I get hate on the forums too. I’m already mostly done for 19, finished for 20.

Why are you gettin hate? I’ve been a long time member/lurker/prisoner and you seem cool.

You seemed to genuinely enjoy the game for a long time. You knows **** has hit the fam when you lose your love for the game.

I keep posting threads about new content 5 seconds after it’s out and people mistake that for me having no life and give me grief. I race home with 200 km an hour to make it in time to post the thread and that’s my thank you. 😿
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 25
    Gameplay this year has been so bad and the pure greed and lack of respect shown towards customers from ea this year I’ve definitely a lot of things to consider
    I’ll most likely buy the game but definitely for starters no more ultimate edition etc bought it every year and I’ve never once hit a player that isn’t basically discard value from the packs
    will seriously be thinking about spending another penny on fifa points next year pack weight of even anything remotely decent is disgusting definitely won’t be throwing a few hundred in on the first day which I’ve done every year
    After getting completely conned and cheated this year with prime moments I 100% wont be doing any icon sbc
  • Monsta
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    First time I've played more than a handful of games since Fifa 15

Definitely wont waste time w/ rivals next year & not letting SBC's destroy my club.
  • Brownian_Motion
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    See you all in the 20th edition. Including me, of course.
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    Played less this year than I have since starting back in FUT12, only played maybe 150 matches total. really enjoying it when I do play tbh

my advice to anyone who's getting burned out on FUT: the less you play, the more fun it is. Give up on the grind, stop trying to get good red reward cards every weekend, and just play a little here and there.

I don't worry about market swings, getting beat doesn't bother me, and I don't even get enough packs to be disappointed with their contents :D :D
  • MHoney1234
    8109 posts League Winner
    Almost March and no top tier marquee icons. F this game!
  • ILevis
    791 posts Semi-Pro
    Probably will go first owner only next year

While my team will probably be worse it gets tiring just doing the same stuff every year. Every year i start of with a mix of serie a and bundesliga players, finally get Messi around December/January and then slowly upgrade my teams.

First owner only will hopefully change that up a bit because i wont be able to just chase the best players all the time and will be forced to be creative with what i have. In addition to this, i already notice this year, that i enjoy playing with my untradeable players much more than with my tradeable players.

POTM Reus is still my absolutely favourite player and in every team i built, eventhough i could in theory afford to buy better players than him
  • Mounaldo
    53 posts Park Captain

There is an easy answer to this from me: It is to gauge the community reaction to the latest version so I can use it to help make a decision on whether to buy it or not. Having seen pretty much identical posts to the previous version, I knew it was not worth buying 19 so I will do the same when 20 is released.

Same. I didn't even buy 19 after I saw the reaction here and on Youtube. Personally, it feels like a waste to drop ~£50 on the same rehashed game every year. I'm quite happy to buy it once every 2 years or pick it up for cheap on the 2nd hand market. Makes me feel slightly less violated.
  • WoefulFC
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    biggest pay to win game ive seen in 20 years of gaming, and ive played a lot of pay to win games.
    they need to do some of the following for me to buy fifa 20:

- get rid of chemistry cards. its just not fun seeing people turn 99 pace wingers into strikers with 99 finishing.
    - get rid of the whole change chemistry in game. starting ronaldo in cdm and having no penalty in the game for switching him to striker is non immersive and laughable. also ties in with the above point.
    - stop throwing icons at people who open their wallets. youre making a mockery of us and showing that you only care about cash and not the game. 11 icons is a total joke to play against.
    - give better % chances on packs. they cost a lot of money and give barely anything back in return.

thats just a few i can think of
  • Vii
    53 posts Park Captain
    Big no at the moment but we'll see how a lootbox ban etc affects EAs direction. Lets be honest, FUT is all about selling those packs, EA don't give a monkeys about the how the game is playing. Way too many rare cards in the lastest iterations of Fifa but thats linked to selling packs/points.
  • Retro_G
    29816 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 25
    It's quite clear the direction EA is taking the game. When Fifa 17 released they were trying to push eSoprts, that's the last Fifa game that had somewhat of a skill gap for a long period. Fifa 18 had a skill gap for roughly one week before they patched that game and dumbed it down.

The last two iterations have been dumbed down RNG football with a heavily condensed skill gap. Game sales are down, but that doesn't matter because microtransaction sales are up, it's quiet obvious that a similar approach will be implemented in Fifa 20.

EA only care about selling packs and too many people are willing to dump hundreds into the game, they must love winning games and when they know they've been outplayed.

It's our own fault for getting manipulated into buying packs, anyone who still supports EA by buying packs is the reason Fifa has gone downhill from a gameplay perspective.

Let's be real and Fifa is pay to win right out of the gate. Trading takes time, the best trader in the world wouldn't have a team anywhere near as good as someone who dumps thousands into the game week one. Tournament qualification starts first month, a highly skilled player who doesn't put money into the game falls behind the curve.

I'm heavily invested in Apex Legends now, hopefully Respawn take this brilliant free to play game from strength to strength. A game were skill is the most important factor, there is no competitive advantages and they're keeping EA's shareholders happy by selling cosmetics that don't jeopardise the gameplay.

EDIT: I'm not buying Fifa 20.
    Post edited by Retro_G on