The Story Of Peter Schmeichel - Chapter 1 - Brentford

Facemullet
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
Peter Schmeichel replaces Thomas Frank At Brentford.

Brentford F.C have appointed former Manchester United goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel the new manager after the departure of fellow Danish manager, Thomas Frank.

Brentford will be Schmeichel's first foray into professional management. This has been met with a mixture if scepticism and optimism from Brentford fans and throughout the Championship.

Gary Neville believes this is a good appointment for both Brentford and Schmeichel. "I think it's a good fit. Yes it's his first big job and yes it's the Championship but it's Brentford, they're ambitious but they are not a big club in the championship. Brentford will stick with Peter and If Peter is anything close as a manager to what he was as a player Brentford will be in good hands."

However fellow Pundit, Chris Sutton was not so sure of the appointment. "I'm just not sure this is the right move for Brentford. This is a huge gamble for them. They are by no means secured safety in the Championship. If this goes sour and they go down they and Peter will be kicking themselves."

The new Brentford boss is scheduled to front the media tomorrow afternoon at 1pm.

More to follow..

Comments

• Facemullet
    "I CAME HERE FOR A CHALLENGE," SAYS NEW BRENTFORD BOSS.

Peter Schmeichel is confident he is the right man for the job.

New Brentford Boss, Peter Schmeichel has emerged from his first press conference unscathed and ready to work.

The former Manchester United Goalkeeper had no shortage of questions being fired his way and to his credit handled them well.

Read The Full Transcript Below.

SKY SPORTS REPORTER: You sit here as the new manager of Brentford. I guess the question we are all wondering is are you ready?

PETER SCHMEICHEL: I did not expect this question. *Room laughs quietly with Schmeichel* In all seriousness though I would not be in this seat if I didn't feel I was ready. I would not do that to this club, this competition or to myself. I am here because I should be.

ESPN REPORTER: This was quite the left field appointment, no one really expected you to even offer your services. How has this come all come about?

PETER SCHMEICHEL: I have had my eye on professional management for a while now. I had been working with some of the Brondby youth teams while completing my badges and studying the managerial side of the game. Brentford reached out and asked if I would be open to an interview I agreed and here we are.

THE SUN REPORTER: What will a Peter Schmeichel side look like and what are your goals for the season ahead?

PETER SCHMEICHEL: My philosophy is quite simple and generic I suppose. Have as much of the ball as possible and score as many as possible. As for our goals, we are aiming for the top half. Where in the top half, we will see but certainly in the top 12 teams. Right now I have my eyes set on working with the players and preparing for our match with Rotherham.

LONDON REPORTER: Will you be dipping into the market to add to your squad?

PETER SCHMEICHEL: We will be looking to add a few players, mostly in attacking areas.

FREELANCE REPORTER: So why Brentford?

PETER SCHMEICHEL: It's a club with huge potential and enough faith in me to offer me the job. I came here for the challenge and I'm ready for that challenge.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good start and good luck. Will the son of Peter be coming to Brentford to end his career perhaps?
  • Facemullet
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Good start and good luck. Will the son of Peter be coming to Brentford to end his career perhaps?

Thanks for the comment! Haha it is something I have considered for sure. Might be too pricey at the moment though. Feel free to comment as journalists etc if you wish. Thanks again for the comment.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck with your story!

It would be nice if you could find the way to show news and results as image instead of using external links. Is it possible to save the documents as image and then use imgur? Just wondering...

In any case, very good start!
  • Facemullet
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck with your story!

It would be nice if you could find the way to show news and results as image instead of using external links. Is it possible to save the documents as image and then use imgur? Just wondering...

In any case, very good start!

I was having some issues with Imgur. Im attempting to find a more aesthetic option. Ill have to settle for these for the next few games I'd imagine. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Facemullet
    edited February 22
    Post edited by Facemullet on