Do the wide CAM's in a 4-2-2-2 play more central than the wide CAM's in a narrow 4-2-3-1?

[Deleted User]
0 posts National Call-Up
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• HysxteriA
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 20
    41212(2) has been great for me recently tbh. But 4222 is just as good and yes they are far more involved they tend to drift in a lot more. It's a fantastic formation imo. There's so many options up top it's crazy. It feels infinitely better in attack than 4231 even though on paper they seem relatively similar.

Only thing I'd say though is you need quality CDMs for this formation to work. They need to be multipurpose have height and good presence on the pitch. I wouldn't use Kante for example. I have Prime Rijkard and SBC Hamsik as my two and it works great.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HysxteriA
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    41212(2) has been great for me recently tbh. But 4222 is just as good and yes they are far more involved they tend to drift in a lot more. It's a fantastic formation imo. There's so many options up top it's crazy. It feels infinitely better in attack than 4231 even though on paper they seem relatively similar.

Only thing I'd say though is you need quality CDMs for this formation to work. They need to be multipurpose have height and good presence on the pitch. I wouldn't use Kante for example. I have Prime Rijkard and SBC Hamsik as my two and it works great.

@HysxteriA What instructions/CT's do you use for both?

I like what you're saying about the 4-2-2-2, I feel like since I have Crespo, Nedved and Rivaldo, it's a better fit than the 4-1-2-1-2(2)

My CDM's are Prime Rijkaard and Pogba, they can work in any system I think.

I don't like how the 4-2-3-1 attacks, it's so bland

I'm thinking to sell Messi as it's just too difficult to play competitively with him, do POTM Rashford, have him up top with Crespo and then Rivaldo Nedved behind

That's a really good idea TBF to get rid of Messi. Stamina and work rates hurt this card. His TOTY would be worth it but other than that I wouldn't bother.

I also have POTM Rashford he is amazing as well. Rivaldo would be better as the CAM yeah due to finess on left and cut in.

I'm not at my PS4 but as far as I can remember these are them.

ST Stay central, get in behind, (only one on stay forward).

CAMs both stay forward get into box

CDM one default other cover center stay back

Full back stay back when playing wide formations attack if they are narrow.

I do change this around something but from memory I think it's fast build up and drop back rest is balanced with attacking width set one bar below default (I think) all my players have very high stamina so I can get away with those tactics.