Would 91 Cruyff be worth it?

Ch1cha
2206 posts Fans' Favourite
I could free up around 2 million to invest in my CAM position. I currently use FS Aouar and he's decent but he doesn't have that special something. His passing is straight forward, nothing special. I was hoping for something better and that might be because of his traits compared to high end midfielders who seem to have brilliant through balls.

I am torn between 91 Cruyff or wait a bit and get 91 Ronaldinho. Would they be worth it? I am looking for a player with good vision, dribbling and good passing abilities.

Comments

• Jonx88
    1001 posts Professional
    edited February 2019
    Have only used Cruyff 89 and he was really good, I'd also recommend ADP or Bergkamp for that position
  • Wikypedia
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I absolutely loved 91 Cruyff to bits. I’m not sure if he’s gonna be as good now due to finesse patch.

For 2m, you can consider toty kdb, who is incredible.
  • IamLeeroy
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect

Wikypedia wrote: »
    I absolutely loved 91 Cruyff to bits. I’m not sure if he’s gonna be as good now due to finesse patch.

This guy is right, you are close to TOTY KDB, and neymar is also a fantastic cam.
  • Longbow
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special

This.

I got Cruyff 3 times. Twice 91 and once the prime. But all these are pre patch. Post patch, he just can’t finese. Hence, you probably need someone who can defend as well as attack. Someone like TOTY KDB, when the opponent likes to defend deep and counter in this current patch.

• CarlF
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    I've had 91 Cruyff for over 1000 games. He's as effective post patch as he was pre patch. I play him at ST, and he has nearly a goal a game ratio. Never played him in CAM, so I can't help you in that regard, but he is a phenomenal player.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had Prime Cruyff for a while and prefer Van Basten. Used both a ST though so can't comment.
  • Ch1cha
    IamLeeroy wrote: »

This guy is right, you are close to TOTY KDB, and neymar is also a fantastic cam.

Really? How much is KDB

I could go beyond this budget but I'd have to sell some of my other players I'd like to keep
  • Ch1cha
    CarlF wrote: »
    I've had 91 Cruyff for over 1000 games. He's as effective post patch as he was pre patch. I play him at ST, and he has nearly a goal a game ratio. Never played him in CAM, so I can't help you in that regard, but he is a phenomenal player.

I was never a fan of timed finishing anyway. I just need a great dribbler on that position who is able to pick a pass
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

This guy is right toty kdb is unreal.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ch1cha wrote: »

Really? How much is KDB

I could go beyond this budget but I'd have to sell some of my other players I'd like to keep

On PS4 he's about 2.4m at the moment
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you can splurge an extra 600k and run with a few laliga connections, toty modric is amazing, almost fully maxed out, highest stats in game, even higher than messi and ronaldo
  • Ch1cha
    If you can splurge an extra 600k and run with a few laliga connections, toty modric is amazing, almost fully maxed out, highest stats in game, even higher than messi and ronaldo

Funny you say that as I used TOTY Modric previous Fifa editions and his passing always amazed me. That was what I was hoping for with Aouar as his stats are really good aswell, but he didnt really deliver. I really liked him

But I have Pogba untradable aswell as Rashford so I need to go with the Premier League and I am not rich enough to build a killer around Modric without them
  • Ch1cha
    hayhor1 wrote: »

This guy is right toty kdb is unreal.

Never even thought about him but now I am tempted
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite

Funny you say that as I used TOTY Modric previous Fifa editions and his passing always amazed me. That was what I was hoping for with Aouar as his stats are really good aswell, but he didnt really deliver. I really liked him

But I have Pogba untradable aswell as Rashford so I need to go with the Premier League and I am not rich enough to build a killer around Modric without them

Did you do the toty bale sbc? If so you just need him and any soft link to get him on 10
  • Ch1cha

Did you do the toty bale sbc? If so you just need him and any soft link to get him on 10

If only bud
  • Davola77
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bought the 89 Cruyff about a week ago and he’s the best player I’ve used so far. His finishing is unreal. Can’t imagine the 91 is much better
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    I've used Prime Dinho, 90 Gullit, CR7, Eusebio's, Prime Best and im trialing prime Cruyff and I've got to be honest he's something else entirely. I was using TOTY KDB before him and he is absolutely no where near prime Cruyff's level. I've used his mid card and I'd say him and TOTY Dr Bruyne are roughly on par. I'd personally try and save for his prime it's game changing I've never used someone like this in any fifa title. Ignore what others say about his finesse his shooting is ridiculous doesn't matter what type of shooting it is it's mental.
  • Ch1cha
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    I've used Prime Dinho, 90 Gullit, CR7, Eusebio's, Prime Best and im trialing prime Cruyff and I've got to be honest he's something else entirely. I was using TOTY KDB before him and he is absolutely no where near prime Cruyff's level. I've used his mid card and I'd say him and TOTY Dr Bruyne are roughly on par. I'd personally try and save for his prime it's game changing I've never used someone like this in any fifa title. Ignore what others say about his finesse his shooting is ridiculous doesn't matter what type of shooting it is it's mental.

Thank you for the insight. Tbh, I don't like high/high players so I doubt KdB would really suit me.

How would you rate 91 Cruyf compared to the players you mentioned? He would be behind Ibra and Rashford
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up

Thank you for the insight. Tbh, I don't like high/high players so I doubt KdB would really suit me.

How would you rate 91 Cruyf compared to the players you mentioned? He would be behind Ibra and Rashford

I have POTM Rashford and he is excellent tbh with you. But prime Cruyff is obliterating everyone right now. His middle card is good but it's just the whole balance thing that's off putting. His mid card is very good though but he's lethal at finishing I wouldn't waste a card of that calibre at CAM to be totally honest with you not when his finishing is as good as it is. If it's strictly for CAM I'd perhaps use 91 Dinho.
  • Ch1cha
    Cheers, yeah he would really be used as a CAM and his prime is just out of reach for now. I think I'll go with Ronaldinho as that's the player my heart goes out to aswell
  • Phiba
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    I use baby Cruyff as a wide CAM and he’s good but would recommend Prime Socrates if you’re looking for a central CAM. He’s the complete package and in the price range you can afford, currently around 1.7m.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    Off topic but Eusebio >> Cruyff by far.

On topic, TOTY KDB or CAM Neymar or R10
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Really? How much is KDB

On PS4 he's about 2.4m at the moment

So good hes crash proof.
  • Fabibi94
    1066 posts Professional
    Is the 91 worth it over 89?
  • Wikypedia
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect

The main reason why I recommended KDB is because I used to play Cruyff at CAM, while he’s extremely good, he’s usually dead by 70 minutes due to his stamina. CAM drains lots of stamina.

Assuming he’s as good post patch, then you should try him, he’s a really fun card.

I’m not a fan of H/H too, it takes getting used to, but once you’re used to it, KDB is unreal, he’s like real life Gerrard on steroids, just runs all day.

I sold Cruyff for 2.4m and I bought KDB around 2.4m, I hated him in his first 30 games or so due to his H/H, but couldn’t sell him because Cruyff price rises to 2.7m at that moment so I gotta stick with him. Now, KDB price has increased to 2.4m and cruyff probably around 2.1-2.2m, I’m not even considering it because KDB is that good
  • Ch1cha
    You guys aren't making it easier for me, lol. I have KdB untradable for a long long looooong time now and was never a fan. Cruyf 91 seems really appealing because of his dribbling abilities and I really need an agile CAM with good passing. His stamina can be an issue indeed, shame it's not a bit higher. Ronaldinho 91 is the same in that department aswell

Tough choice